Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does anyone do short term wireless broadband rentals? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do short term wireless broadband rentals?

beefcake
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Might be goind out of town for a few days, and where i'm going doesn't have wifi.

Does anyone do short term wireless rentals?

89notch
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Might be goind out of town for a few days, and where i'm going doesn't have wifi.

Does anyone do short term wireless rentals?

What phone do you have? If it supports tethering then you might be able to just add it to your cell phone and turn it off when your done. I did that for the longest time on my blackberry.

RACEME
03-25-2010, 05:13 AM
What phone do you have? If it supports tethering then you might be able to just add it to your cell phone and turn it off when your done. I did that for the longest time on my blackberry.

I do that with my droid. I use PDAnet. The have apps that can make it a wireless router also, but have not tried it yet.

beefcake
03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Tim, your the Fing man dude,

I found some wifi tethering software for my palm pre for $15, i'm out in the lot of the dealership testing it now! Works friggin great!

Rick93coupe
03-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I wish I could do that, my understanding is that ATT locks out tethering. My cousing uses Cricket service and tethers for his lap top daily. Must me nice!

89notch
03-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Tim, your the Fing man dude,

I found some wifi tethering software for my palm pre for $15, i'm out in the lot of the dealership testing it now! Works friggin great!

Wow Terry must have the ignore function on me :lol:

beefcake
03-25-2010, 08:55 AM

Wow Terry must have the ignore function on me :lol:

lol, to be honest, i never even saw the post, i read tims post in my email reply and immediately started searching lol,

you da man Kelly!

Rick93coupe
03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
dejavu

2000GT
03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
So how does this work me and my girlfriend got tmobile she got a blackberry and i got a motorola cliq.

we both have internet on are phones now and i dont want to pay for internet at home also. so this be nice to do with are phones to if we can.

RACEME
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
lol, to be honest, i never even saw the post, i read tims post in my email reply and immediately started searching lol,

you da man Kelly!

It is also a way to screw off at work. I unhook my network cable and stream the net.

FireStang02
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Terry, you got a link to what you did? I'd like to try that out with the wife's pre.

beefcake
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Terry, you got a link to what you did? I'd like to try that out with the wife's pre.

http://mytether.net/

Triz
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I just downloaded tetherberry free trial(purchase price is $50) on my tour are there any free or less expensive programs for a blackberry or can it be set up without a third party program. Is the pdanet program easy to setup/use?

beefcake
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
pretty cool, in the car right now driving down 75, watching some netflix and browsing the forums lol, and no $40 a month!

99Slobra
03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
I wish I could do that, my understanding is that ATT locks out tethering. My cousing uses Cricket service and tethers for his lap top daily. Must me nice!

Eh you just have to find a program to sideload on your phone to do it.

Blackout
03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
yeah I have a windows mobile device that I can use an internet sharing. I also have downloaded a program for the phone to set it up as a wireless router so that my laptop and my wifes can connect through my phones connection.

Here is a site that you can try to find software for smartphones.

www.xda-developers.com

You need to go to there forums and register to download the software, but there are alot of applications out there. For example: Today I downloaded a program that if my phone is stolen, I can text the phone with a keyword and the phone will text me back the exact coordinates via GPS, and it will use google maps to show me where it is.

Rick93coupe
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
thats bad ass!