Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Problems reving.. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problems reving..

honfam
03-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok here is the lowdown on what i have going on.. Ive got a 01 explorer motor(oilpan to upperintake and throttlebody) ive got a 95 mustang efi set up on it. ive got a 93 TPS on the throttle body. MSD Dizzy. ive gone through all the wiring a few times and have used many sources for info on the wiring. ive checked DTC 3 times along with firing order..

Ok this is what its doing. starts fine hardly any cranking at all fires right up idles a little high (no tach yet) has a slight misfire/backfire(exhaust) at idle. When i go to rev it up it just kinda falls on its face..

Any ideas? need more info? any help would be awesome!!! :dummy:

Thanks Rob

Edit i can shoot a vid tomorrow and ill post it up..

AntiRice427
03-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Whats the timing set at?

honfam
03-22-2010, 08:50 PM
12degress.. With the little spout connecter disconnected..

331TwistedWedge
03-22-2010, 09:00 PM
backfire/misfire could be vacuum related ... 94/95's are bad for that ... play around with your vaccum lines and see if that goes away ...

just built a 95 myself, no back fires at all ... trick flow cam, p heads and mountaineer intake ...

honfam
03-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Will do.. Also forgot to mention that i can desconnect the IAC while its running and it makes no difference..

03z06vette
03-23-2010, 05:18 AM
a vacume leak would be giving u a high idle and a lean back fire out of the intake. did u ever have the injector harness dissconnected. i have pluged an injector in the wrong order or have one unpluged.

honfam
03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
well i learned a few things today.. i finally got it running right.. chacked mass air meter it was covered in dirt.. cleaned that and it let it rev.. still was idling high so i started looking into the IAC and aparently you can put those on backwards... and that fixed my idle lol thanks for the help guys..