Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Selling a car with a lien?? Need help!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Selling a car with a lien?? Need help!!!

exrider416
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I have someone wanting to buy my srt4, but it has a lien on it. They have cash in hand. How do i go about selling it? Need help as soon as possible... Its through Chrysler financial and they do not have anywhere local to go there to have the deal done. :confused:

Ranger50
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.chryslerfinancial.com/learningCenter/learningCenterFAQ.do

As with any lien, it has to be satisfied until the title can legally change hands.

Brian

CNTLOSE
03-22-2010, 08:12 PM
If Chrysler has the lien you will need to go to one of their offices and complete the purchase...had to do that with a Ford once. The buyer will not get the title then and there as it is stored somewhere else. The title will eventually come to you with the lien cancelled and then you will have to sign it over.

exrider416
03-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Thinking im gonna refinance at my credit union and go do the full transaction there? Dont think Chrysler has a local office is the thing

CNTLOSE
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Thinking im gonna refinance at my credit union and go do the full transaction there? Dont think Chrysler has a local office is the thing

You might call and check...you never know. Ford had one in Mason in some little office building so you never know. Might save you a little time if you can deal directly with them. Hope all goes smooth for you...I know sometimes dealing with the banks can be a PIA.

lst4g63
03-23-2010, 11:18 AM
you don't wait and sign it over... you both go into the institution and satisfy the lien and you sign a separate document(forget what it's called) allowing the bank to issue to title to the new owner, it also allows the new owner to get a temp tag from the dmv. That way the new buyer is protected and your lien is clear. If there isn't one close im sure you can go through the mail or fax along with a notary. Refinancing just to sell is not wise as you will incur cost and possible even taxes. call Chrysler.

Pitbull1052
03-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I'd call a dealer you might have to pay some doc fees but they should be able to run it through for you........

94tchikinv8
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
you don't wait and sign it over... you both go into the institution and satisfy the lien and you sign a separate document(forget what it's called) allowing the bank to issue to title to the new owner, it also allows the new owner to get a temp tag from the dmv. That way the new buyer is protected and your lien is clear. If there isn't one close im sure you can go through the mail or fax along with a notary. Refinancing just to sell is not wise as you will incur cost and possible even taxes. call Chrysler.

^^ This

-Rob