Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Help me make the decision on supercharger! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help me make the decision on supercharger!

menace07
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey all, I haven't been on this forum much lately, but I have a huge favor to ask. I've finally scraped together the funds for a supercharger for my 07 GT...problem is that I can't make up my mind on which setup to go with. I'm considering either procharger p1sc, saleen Stage 3 from Brenspeed, or Whipple h.o. kit. My biggest issue is I've never ridden in a centrifugal s/c car or a Whipple and I've only ridden in a saleen once. I was wondering if there's anyone in the Cincy area who could hook me up with a quick ride in one of the others. I'd hate to make a decision without ever experiencing the others! Thanks for the help!
Tony

05yellowgt
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd take you for a ride in mine once I get back in town if you want. Need to get mine ready for the road again and get the insurance back up to full coverage. I'm up in Dayton but I'm sure we could met up somewhere.

menace07
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
That would be great...what type of F/I are you running?

Maximus
03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey all, I haven't been on this forum much lately, but I have a huge favor to ask. I've finally scraped together the funds for a supercharger for my 07 GT...problem is that I can't make up my mind on which setup to go with. I'm considering either procharger p1sc, saleen Stage 3 from Brenspeed, or Whipple h.o. kit. My biggest issue is I've never ridden in a centrifugal s/c car or a Whipple and I've only ridden in a saleen once. I was wondering if there's anyone in the Cincy area who could hook me up with a quick ride in one of the others. I'd hate to make a decision without ever experiencing the others! Thanks for the help!
Tony

We have an 09 coming in on Tuesday that has a P1SC. Ill see if we can get you a ride.
There is a video on my Facebook if you want to see it on the Dyno.

05yellowgt
03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
That would be great...what type of F/I are you running?
I've got an F1a Procharger. The P1SC car that Craig mentioned might be a little better representation of what you are looking for though. My car is a little more um "rowdy" than most.

beefcake
03-17-2010, 03:56 PM
love the sound of a procharger

firestang70
03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I have a Gen I whipple on mine. PM me maybe we can meet up for a ride.

2007ShelbyCobra
03-17-2010, 05:01 PM
hey guys, im looking for a s/c too! I want a ride :) lol

Dirtyd0g
03-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Bill of Supercoupe Performance is Milford is one of the owners of Tork Tech as well. I suggest going to talk with hiom I know he told me they were developing a kit for those cars. He may need someone local with a car to help him make the kit fit. His number is 513 697 6501. I am not positive that he is ready to do it, or he may already have it done but it certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to him.
Alan

87stangbbb
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
tork tech dont seem very impressive to me

Dirtyd0g
03-18-2010, 01:42 AM
tork tech dont seem very impressive to me

Are you kidding me? Raw torque intimidate you or something?
Alan

menace07
03-18-2010, 05:44 AM
I've got an F1a Procharger. The P1SC car that Craig mentioned might be a little better representation of what you are looking for though. My car is a little more um "rowdy" than most.
I bet with the F1 it's a handful...I'd like to see it, though!

menace07
03-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Bill of Supercoupe Performance is Milford is one of the owners of Tork Tech as well. I suggest going to talk with hiom I know he told me they were developing a kit for those cars. He may need someone local with a car to help him make the kit fit. His number is 513 697 6501. I am not positive that he is ready to do it, or he may already have it done but it certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to him.
Alan

I don't know much about Tork tech, but I'll definitely look into it.

87stangbbb
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Are you kidding me? Raw torque intimidate you or something?
Alan
ive only been around one gt that had one and my buddys gt with a few little bolt ons almost kept up with it. but if that impresses you then thats cool.

beefcake
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Alan

he said they are actually based out of oregon, so they wouldn't be doing anything local even if they did.

he said with the economy they are holding off for a while. they are sticking to 99-04's

one would think you'd be trying to market to the most current 6 years of vehicle out there :dunno

Dirtyd0g
03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
ive only been around one gt that had one and my buddys gt with a few little bolt ons almost kept up with it. but if that impresses you then thats cool.

Is the one you know of yellow?

Dirtyd0g
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
he said they are actually based out of oregon, so they wouldn't be doing anything local even if they did.

he said with the economy they are holding off for a while. they are sticking to 99-04's

one would think you'd be trying to market to the most current 6 years of vehicle out there :dunno

He mentioned it to me a while back but I never asked him any more about it. I would think the vehicles that are 3-5 years old would be best. Most people don't modify vehicles under warranty and the people with older vehicles would usually build their own setup than buy a kit. The intake is really nice I am considering just getting an intake and a lightning blower for my bird.
Alan

beefcake
03-18-2010, 09:26 PM
He mentioned it to me a while back but I never asked him any more about it. I would think the vehicles that are 3-5 years old would be best. Most people don't modify vehicles under warranty and the people with older vehicles would usually build their own setup than buy a kit. The intake is really nice I am considering just getting an intake and a lightning blower for my bird.
Alan

i'll have to disagree there and agree. you say 3-5, the s197's are 6 years old now. so, you are right where your talkin about,

alot of people start modifying vehicles from day one as well. so you've got the newb's too. huge market out there right now.

87stangbbb
03-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Is the one you know of yellow?
yes it is

draggin50
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Rodney`s 02 Gt is the yellow one with the torque tech. Ive rode in it and it feels good and pulls like a beast! Brandon he was probably just toying with you if you was keeping up. I think it went low 12`s with junk street radials spinning real bad.

beefcake
03-19-2010, 08:38 AM
did i mention how good the procharger sounds? lol

menace07
03-19-2010, 11:05 AM
did i mention how good the procharger sounds? lol

LoL...it does sound bad ass

PonymanfiveO
03-21-2010, 07:34 AM
I have put a bunch of super chargers on these cars. I'm a big fan of the whipple kit. Quality parts and easy install make it worth the money.

Good luck with your decision. Your car will be a lot more fun with which ever one you choose. :)

zippy94
03-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Torq tech is a eaton m112 blower.same as a lightning or 03-04 cobra. I would put a Techco blower on it. Kenb has one makes good usable power. Call modular Depot .

beefcake
03-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Torq tech is a eaton m112 blower.same as a lightning or 03-04 cobra. I would put a Techco blower on it. Kenb has one makes good usable power. Call modular Depot .

Techco has been out of business for months.

zippy94
03-21-2010, 12:07 PM
That sucks

redfirepearlgt
03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Tony

You want a take a ride in my 05? Stage 2 Saleen from Brenspeed. I've got the dyno sheet somewhere. 426 RWHPO/ 409 T. 12.34 @ 114.86MPH on the factory Pirellis!

I highly recommend however, saving a little extra and doing the clutch at the same time if you go Saleen. There is about .050" clearnace between the back side and the firewall. The engine from what I understand has to be tilted back to replace the clutch at some point in the R&R process. Therefore the S/C has to be removed to allow clearance to do so. THat is all IAW Brenspeed. Those guys are good. Cincy is good as well and so is MD motorsport. Let me know if you want a ride. I am having Cincy do a McLeod RST twin clutch setup very soon because mine is getting close with 33000 on it under the increased load.

menace07
03-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll definately take you up on that offer!

Oh, and I got to take a ride in firestang's Whippled strange over the weekend (thanks again Dale!) . That car is sick!

I'm also considering a heritage twin Turbo setup...sounds like a sweet kit but not sure how well the stock block would hold up? Also not sure how hard it would be to tune for the street

beefcake
03-22-2010, 08:23 AM
I'll definately take you up on that offer!

Oh, and I got to take a ride in firestang's Whippled strange over the weekend (thanks again Dale!) . That car is sick!

I'm also considering a heritage twin Turbo setup...sounds like a sweet kit but not sure how well the stock block would hold up? Also not sure how hard it would be to tune for the street

The powerhouse is supposed to be a nice kit as well. Single kit, but they are in PA, Dale seems to like them too

menace07
03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Ive heard good things about powerhouse. Turbo would be a whole new animal for me, but I'm kinda digging the idea.

beefcake
03-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Of course if you like the sound of a procharger, a YSI Vortech although large, would be great if you plan on building a motor down the road!

05yellowgt
03-23-2010, 07:41 AM
If you are every looking to get just stupid crazy Procharger now has kits for an F2 Procharger for S197's!!!!!!! If I ever get really serious with the car I think that may be my next step up.

Markcore
03-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Techco has been out of business for months.

...and for good reason. $450 for a CAI :eek: Crazy high prices with a busted economy = OUT OF BIZNAS :flipoff:

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Another option here recently released and has a good rep is the new Edelbrock S/C. Comes in Stage 0-3. Makes great HP, is a twinscrew design, efficient, and looks nice. I don't like their palstic valve cover accessory kit (makes the ingine look like an RX8 or Cadillac underhood deal) but otherwise seems to be doing well. Contact Brenspeed about it. THey carry them now, and you may as well contact Cincy and MD to see if they can do a deal for you on the Edelbrock. My only wish is that Brenspeed was closer inthe event I had an issue they would need to look at.

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Trying to get some guys to come hang out at the Quaker S/L this Saturday 3/27/2010 @ 5:00pm (Colerain location) and kick off Spring unofficially. Come on out and eat some wings and stare at cars and talk about how crappy this past winter was!!!! LOL!!!

menace07
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, I pulled the trigger on the stealth gt twin Turbo kit! Wasn't my original thought, but it seemed like a good deal and its something a little different. Should be a fun car when I'm done!
Oh, and I'll be there Saturday!

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Well, I pulled the trigger on the stealth gt twin Turbo kit! Wasn't my original thought, but it seemed like a good deal and its something a little different. Should be a fun car when I'm done!

Awesome. I just committed to a Fidanza billit steel flywheel and McLeod RST twin disk clutch setup for the 05 with the guys at Cincy speed today. Wish I had a little more cash to put in the Aluminum D/S as well, but I can do that myself later this summer if funds free up. I am sur ethey will somehow. See you Saturday!

beefcake
03-23-2010, 05:54 PM

did you buy that from us-1??? aka SD Wheeler

you will probably be okay if you purchased from the S197 forums, he hasn't screwed anyone there i don't think

menace07
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
That's the one...that doesn't sound good. You know something I don't?

Gearhead559
03-23-2010, 08:02 PM
get a turbo kit....

beefcake
03-23-2010, 08:38 PM
That's the one...that doesn't sound good. You know something I don't?

supposedly sd wheeler has been ripping people off for years and years on stuff. He's banned from pretty much every forum out there, other than S197 forums. I don't think he's ever scammed anyone there, they think he's a god and defend him to the end of the earth.

being as you bought it on s197 forums, your probably ok

menace07
03-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Well that makes me more than a little nervous. What can I do to protect myself? I sent payment via PayPal but its checking so it takes 3 to 5 days to clear. What about the kit itself? It looked like a quality kit but I don't know shit about turbos.

beefcake
03-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Well that makes me more than a little nervous. What can I do to protect myself? I sent payment via PayPal but its checking so it takes 3 to 5 days to clear. What about the kit itself? It looked like a quality kit but I don't know shit about turbos.

guess we'll see when you get the kit

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey, lets wait til you get the kit before pressing the panic button. Like Beef said being you purchased through this website the guy has good standing with things will likely turn out okay. If issues turn up when you inventory then Paypal should help you out. If you do the inventory with care (Beef may be able to assist you in some way) and you find the kit is wrong or missing parts and you wish to return it the guy may be willing to do so less a restocking fee and paypal fees if the boxes aren't all torn up. If worse comes to worse, PA is not so far away that you could make a visit to the guy and deal with him face-to-face and have a few willing STBRZ friends there to validate your concerns and reason for requesting a refund. Hey, I have 203,000 Holiday Inn travel points right now so hotel expense would not be an issue for you on an overnight trip. Just let me know if it comes to that and I can at least get you a free room should you wish to go see this guy.

Relax and get the package and we can take it fron there.

beefcake
03-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey, lets wait til you get the kit before pressing the panic button. Like Beef said being you purchased through this website the guy has good standing with things will likely turn out okay. If issues turn up when you inventory then Paypal should help you out. If you do the inventory with care (Beef may be able to assist you in some way) and you find the kit is wrong or missing parts and you wish to return it the guy may be willing to do so less a restocking fee and paypal fees if the boxes aren't all torn up. If worse comes to worse, PA is not so far away that you could make a visit to the guy and deal with him face-to-face and have a few willing STBRZ friends there to validate your concerns and reason for requesting a refund. Hey, I have 203,000 Holiday Inn travel points right now so hotel expense would not be an issue for you on an overnight trip. Just let me know if it comes to that and I can at least get you a free room should you wish to go see this guy.

Relax and get the package and we can take it fron there.

well he'll likely call out a fight. Google sd wheeler then go to modular depot mod fords corral and search there

sorry if I got you worried I'm sure it'll be fine

menace07
03-24-2010, 07:29 AM
thanks redfire...I appreciate the offer. Guess all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed.

beefcake
04-30-2010, 03:15 PM
been over a month, any updates???

hoping everything came in nice

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 07:58 AM
been over a month, any updates???

hoping everything came in nice

Last head from you Tony that it was shipping. Did you get it in yet? They guys at Bren (I was in that area lst week and stopped by) they knew exactly who I was talking about. Hope you received everything and all has turned at for the better.