Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any construction guys here?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any construction guys here??

blown86lx
03-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I have a question and I know absolutly nothing about construction. Would it be possible for me to build a 30x30 garage for $7500.The concrete will be provided for free and labor will be free. my father in law ownes a concrete company. So he said he could pour the footer so I wouldnt have to buy block for the foundation. So my question is could a build a garage for $7500 for the materials and labor?Like I said I know nothing about constructon.:confused:

heyitsmepugsley
03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
man u could build a pole barn and buy i nice used lift and still have a few bucks left for beers to drink in your new pole barn!!!

blown86lx
03-16-2010, 11:36 PM
I am going to put a lift in my parents pole barn. I unfortunatly only have a little over a acre and a half and my house is a ranch style so I don't think a pole barn would fit so swell. I would love to have one but I think a nice 2 car garage would make my house look a little nicer since I live in the country and have no garage. Any imputs on the garage though? Thanks for the thought though!

fastone
03-17-2010, 05:45 AM
It would be hard to do, I think. You could probably get it done for that, but it would be cheap roofing and siding only. Nothing nice like brick and probably just stud walls with no insulation or drywall on the insides. Electric you could do yourself, (or have some friends over for beer that know how to do that for you).

95turbocharged
03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
yes you could do it for that money

blown86lx
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I have a good friend who is gonna do the electric for a 12 pack. I'm not real worried about finishing the inside right away. I just was wondering if I could do it for that cause my credit union is having a loan special for $7500 for 5 years at 4% though about doing it to build a garage but didn't know if I could put one up for that

V8Mustang1967
03-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Why throw out the pole barn idea? cause you have a ranch style house and you have a decent amount of land. Pole barns arent all gigantic. Pole barn and then you could get your own lift at your own house. thats my 2cents and i have been around construction my entire life. But you could get a nice 2 car garage for 7500 also. But i think you should do your research before you begin to take any of the ideas into thought.:chicken:

blown86lx
03-17-2010, 11:58 AM
My biggest thing with the pole barn is I wanna have automatic garage doors for the wife. A guy at work said I could build a garage pole barn style. Instead of using 2x4's for the whole frame,he says you can use 6x6's poored on the corners or somethin like that. Like I said I know nothin about construction.

Steves LX
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
I guess you plan on going with a local company? If you look online you can find some pole barn places and you can get a kit cheap. I know someone who went through BCI barn builders and he built a 30X56. It was a complete kit that was shipped from Oklahoma for 7000. That included everything but garage doors, and concrete. That was lumber/trusses, metal, hardware, frame outs for the overhead garage doors, and a walk out door.

blown86lx
03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
I was thinking about having the amish do it. They live about 10 miles from me and work for $10 per hour per person (talked to them today). They said they could bring 5 guys up and they work from sun up to sundown and would have it done in 2 days sided roofed and all:eek:.I wonder what materials will cost?

facemelter71
03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
If you can get Amish to do it,I would.so far they have built two of my dads barns and the quality is unbelievable.And they work there ass' off from sun up to sun down.They dont play around.

blown86lx
03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
If you can get Amish to do it,I would.so far they have built two of my dads barns and the quality is unbelievable.And they work there ass' off from sun up to sun down.They dont play around.

No shit!I had one come up and do some drywall work on my house he was there for 3.5 hours bustin his ass. I tried to give him $50 when he left he refused to take it he would only accept $35.Belive me I tried to get him to take $50. I said well all I have is this $50 bill he told me I'll wait here while you go to town to get change.And hell yes they do good work. A guy I work with just had them build a house for him they hand built all the cabinets and woodwork all I can say is it was amazing.

Black92LX
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I was thinking about having the amish do it. They live about 10 miles from me and work for $10 per hour per person (talked to them today). They said they could bring 5 guys up and they work from sun up to sundown and would have it done in 2 days sided roofed and all:eek:.I wonder what materials will cost?

You will have a heck of a building too.
My buddy just had the amish do a huge addition to his house. The craftsmanship is amazing.

69Cobra
03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Are there any amish in NKY? I'm also thinking about building a garage.

I've got every thing covered except the concrete work (horizonal and vertical).

NUTTSGT
03-19-2010, 08:28 AM
If you're getting the concrete for free that is a HUGE plus. If you build the rest yourself, you can easily build it for the money you have.

Timido
03-19-2010, 04:08 PM
mine was built by http://www.dandibuildings.com/ Dandi. They delivered and installed mine. They were here and gone in 2 days. I had the frost footers and pad poured before and the building gets set on the pad with expansion bolts. Mine is 10 foot walls and open truss design there is enough room to put a lift in and the barn garage is the same height as my ranch house.

INSANEBA
03-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Check out Menards, they just had an advertisement 2 weeks ago selling quite a few different garage packages for way less than that. They had a 2 car garage with an apartment on the 2nd floor for like $7800, there's a man cave!!!

Mustard
03-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Yeah menards some nice pre enginered kits. I think you could do a nice set up for the money. If you need a roofer shoot me a message. I could use the work

blown86lx
03-20-2010, 03:39 PM
My parents are going to need a roof done on there house this spring, Ill keep you in mind. They have a 2100 Sq Ft ranch style house hardly any pitch on the roof.Should be easy money

blown86lx
03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah menards some nice pre enginered kits. I think you could do a nice set up for the money. If you need a roofer shoot me a message. I could use the work

Check out menards web site they do have some sweet deals.

Think I like this one. http://www.menards.com/featuredProjects.do?sortBy=title&page=0&type=3%20or%20More%20Cars&dispatch=showOneGarage&code=1950544

or this one cant decide. http://www.menards.com/featuredProjects.do?sortBy=title&page=0&type=2%20Car&dispatch=showOneGarage&code=1959125

HDmstng
03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
There is also a good chance you are going to need to submit drawings, pull permits, get inspections, etc...

blown86lx
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
My wifes uncle is the mayor of the town thats right beside us he said he could pull some strings.:D