PDA

View Full Version : Need evtm for 01 excursion

thecollector
03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Fellow bangers, I have an 01 excursion with a comm error between the idm and the pcm (its a 7.3) and I have found myself in desperate need of a ford evtm for it. I cannot find an aftermarket version with a diesel fuel control circuit.

If anyone has one that I can buy, beg, steal, or short term borrow I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

bangingears
03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
so is it a buss line comm error code? I would look real close at a few spots, esp the harness that draps across off the drivers side VC to the apron. I can print the alldata wiring if that helps. If I new the code It would help to see if its a module failure or a actual buss line problem, sometimes its very hard to pinpoint a buss failure do to it having 2 termination points.

thecollector
03-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I have a little bit of the Ford Diag flow charts left over from when I turned wrenches back around 05'. I did a lot on 6.9's and 7.3's, but the 6.0 was the straw that broke the camels back.

It's currently a crank no start. Koeo shows a P1668. It stalled on RT. 4 and I was able to get it refired and limped it over to the shoulder. Late Sat. night I stuck a CPS in it (I remembered they were good for those) and it fired right up. Drove it across the street feeling satisfied, shut it off and it never refired. It popped the 20a fuse #7 in the BJB so I don't know if it had a dead short or if the module took a crap. Towed it to my shop (not auto) and ran the koeo test. Discovered the fuse and checked the relays. Replaced the fuse and it never repopped. Code shows as a consistent hard fault and always resets itself. I need the pinout diagram to know what powers up the IDM as well as the Comm circuits so I can test resistance and check for shorts. Visually I cannot find any chaffing on the IDM harness or PCM. Also checked the UVC Harness connections at both banks from past experience.

My flow chart has led me to the IDM after checking the circuit I just don't want to throw a $550 module in for a bad wire.

Thanks for the help, Let me know when/where to pick up the alldata schematic.