Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
John Medlen joins DSR [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : John Medlen joins DSR

04 Venom
03-13-2010, 11:44 PM
I was shocked to read on the NHRA website that John Medlen left John Force and went to work for Schumacher as co-crew chief for Matt Hagen's FC. wonder if it was due to Force running 3 teams this year instead of 4?

BigBadStang
03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, that's what was said on Raceday this morning. They said that John still wanted to tune a car, and not just do R&D, so he went to the Dark Side. I just hope Force had clauses in Medlen's employment contract protecting Force's in-house program's technology.
I really, really don't like Don Schumacher! The few times I have met him at the tracks, he's always been a rude jerk. Best of luck to John Medlen, he is a class guy.

04 Venom
03-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I have the same impression of Schumacher after trying to talk to him at NHRA events. I am also concerned that Medlen was responsible for much of Force's R & D.

Mista Bone
03-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Force DIDN'T have to allow Medlen to leave, but did.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php/drag-racing/news/13594-force-confirms-medlen-departure

BigBadStang
03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Kinda funny...another DSR car (Antron Brown) smokes the tires in the first 100' against Silver Spoon (Tony Schumacher) in the finals and NOTHING is said or even hinted at. :rolleyes:

Mista Bone
03-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Schu was on the verge of doing the same thing but was able to drive through it.

Always let the bosses son win, right?????

LOL!

bestracing
03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I really, really don't like Don Schumacher! The few times I have met him at the tracks, he's always been a rude jerk. Best of luck to John Medlen, he is a class guy.

Same here although I will not hold that against the drivers. I've also talked to his son Tony too and I don't get the same impression as I do from Don. Just maybe he just hides it better ;)

tdm309
03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Im also surprised that he left. Sounds like the Eric Medlen project will be moved over to DSR racing.

I am extremely tired of Tony winning. They said last night that he had been complaining that he hadnt won a race in 7 races. Poor Baby!!!!!!!1
I swear it should be called Don Schumachers NHRA racing series.

BigBadStang
03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Schu was on the verge of doing the same thing but was able to drive through it.

Always let the bosses son win, right?????

LOL!

I don't know Bone, but all I'm saying is it (torching the tires) seems to happen more often than not when another DSR goes against Silver Spoon, and nothing is ever said about it. Just an observation I've made over the last 5 or so years. :)

I just get tired of hearing how wonderful Don Schumacher is from the media. I guess they all have forgotten how he practically held the Nitro classes hostage over the nitro shortage a few seasons back.

And WTF is with the Suzuki's getting 6 cubic INCHES more engine???!! I recall no one giving a rat's ass when Suzuki was winning everything for years! It was sweet watching Krawiec run down and pass Treble (a DSR bike) though!
I'm fairly certain, that DSR had a big hand in lobbying NHRA to get those extra cubes.

BigBadStang
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Im also surprised that he left. Sounds like the Eric Medlen project will be moved over to DSR racing.

I am extremely tired of Tony winning. They said last night that he had been complaining that he hadnt won a race in 7 races. Poor Baby!!!!!!!1
I swear it should be called Don Schumachers NHRA racing series.

Tony is a decent driver. BUT he has had a car that has went A-B for a very long time. Most of the time, if something goes wrong during a run, and the car isn't perfect, he usually loses.

I don't think John Medlen has any financial investment in the Eric Medlen Project at JFR, so he wouldn't be able to take that to DSR in it's current state. But he does take with him knowledge learned on JFR's dime. Only John Force and John Medlen (and a gaggle of attorneys :lol:) know the legalities and all that stuff pertaining to the technologies and developments. It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next season.

Mista Bone
03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
The reason the Suzuki's got the 100cc's was they were already adding too much weight Buell/Harleys. I'll bet they will end up dropping 10-20 lbs off their min. weight to make the class even.

Karen's 6.84 on a Suzuki for a new record, but Craig went 6.85 on a Buell. NHRA will try to keep it that close.

Don Schu didn't hold NHRA hostage over the Nitro, he wanted to use it but NHRA would only allow VP since it had just signed a contract with them, but they couldn't supply enough due to China and Olympics. Don is known for GIVING away Nitro to the old cars at Cacklefest and other Nitro events.

Did anyone catch Don's remarks at the end of the show????

"Antron is my brother".......WHAT??????

Flashes of Marge Schott calling Eric Davis her "million dollar n****r" during/after the 1990 World Series sweep.

Tony's performance is slipping....but mostly due to Alan Johnson going to Al Anabi team.

Lets not forget Paul Page.........BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

tdm309
03-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Tony is a decent driver. BUT he has had a car that has went A-B for a very long time. Most of the time, if something goes wrong during a run, and the car isn't perfect, he usually loses.

I don't think John Medlen has any financial investment in the Eric Medlen Project at JFR, so he wouldn't be able to take that to DSR in it's current state. But he does take with him knowledge learned on JFR's dime. Only John Force and John Medlen (and a gaggle of attorneys :lol:) know the legalities and all that stuff pertaining to the technologies and developments. It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next season.

I know they were talking about bringing the Eric Medlen Project to DSR during qualifying on Saturday.