Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Accident in the Exped. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Accident in the Exped.

DeckerEnt
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
It was my fault. I backed out of a driveway and tapped another car. The headlight cover was broken on the Chevy Cavalier. New one. Didn't even scratch the paint or anything. The owner was at the house where I picked up my wife from a "fun" party. There is nothing wrong with the exped at all. I did give the girl my insurance card but she suggested we just pay for it out of pocket so our insurance doesn't go up. Sounds good to me. Will know more next week. Damn it, this is my first accident where I caused any damage.
More pissed at myself than anything.

BigBadStang
03-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I understand Keith, but don't beat yourself up too bad. Shit happens.
Now...hopefully the Missus bought some killer shit at the fun party to help you forget all about that Cavalier!! :lol:

mustang8998
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Now...hopefully the Missus bought some killer shit at the fun party to help you forget all about that Cavalier!! :lol:

Hmm...... Am I missing something here. This is a quote from Keith, in another thread.

My wife has already started the diet thing in preparation. She is looking for a job and when she finds one, she says she is out.
Boy I hope the job market improves here real quick.

So, whats goin' on buddy? Did I take that wrong and the fun party stuff, is a good thing? Or, is it, well, not a good thing. :confused:

Paul408Notch
03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
www.car-part.com and I bet you can find a replacement headlight on the cheap.

sean
03-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Keith, as the years pass faster and faster you will find all sorts of "different" things will start to happen. You may find yourself "unable" to handle a "man" size vehicle and may want to look into something either smaller or already banged up. Also theres nothing wrong with taking public transportation. If you have an "accident" while riding the bus you only offend people around you.

Kevin1989
03-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Keith, as the years pass faster and faster you will find all sorts of "different" things will start to happen. You may find yourself "unable" to handle a "man" size vehicle and may want to look into something either smaller or already banged up. Also theres nothing wrong with taking public transportation. If you have an "accident" while riding the bus you only offend people around you.
sean that was funny. but very mean! you get a time out haha

sean
03-13-2010, 02:35 AM
ha ha keith knows I am kidding. Anything he needs, any time he needs it, i would drop what I was doing and be there.... Like he was for me back in 08. So keith.... Forget about taking the bus, I will drive you around. lol

Katmandu
03-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Glad it wasn't too bad Keith. :cool2:

redfirepearlgt
03-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Nobody is perfect Decker. At least it was only a headlight. I flipped a car on my first accident @ age 17, about 300 years ago. LOL! I wish I could have paid that one out of pocket. My father wasn't as understanding as the cavalier owner! LOL!

beefcake
03-13-2010, 08:47 AM
at least ya stopped

i'm cleaning the wife's expedition the other day, and noticed a small chunk out of the bumper, not huge, but someone def hit her car, prob pulling in

she has back up sensors and a cam, so i know it wasn't her

Kevin1989
03-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Nobody is perfect Decker. At least it was only a headlight. I flipped a car on my first accident @ age 17, !

yikes, me too. its not fun!

MrsAPE
03-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself!! Alan works for a GM dealership & can get a deal on the headlight. Give him a call if you need it!!

DeckerEnt
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
$800.00!!!!! WTF??? The girl took her 2007 cobalt to a dealership and got an estimate. There were scratches on the bumper cover as well. I already have a line from someone on here for a headlight. Now to find a painter.........SBZ is awesome. LOL!!
Stopped in to my insurance carrier and the lady told me it would be an "at fault" claim. That means my rates go up. If I can fix this out of pocket, I will be way ahead of the game. The girl is really cool about it actually. She was even shocked at the dealer's price. Wish me luck.

BigBadStang
03-16-2010, 07:06 PM
EXACTLY the reason insurance rates are high...
BUT the dealerships pump up the estimate, because the insurance companies have 'reasonable and customary' charges they pay which are much lower than what you or I would pay out of pocket.

Good luck Keith.

sean
03-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Its bullshit that your rates go up if you acually use them for what you pay so much for. The law says you have to have it. You pay a bunch of money only to have them raise your rates for an accident. Bunch of bull shit.

DeckerEnt
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Think I am gonna do this out of pocket. Bypass the insurance BS. Depending on how much the headlight is, I may get by much less than the dealer price. Thanks for the advice guys!

DeckerEnt
03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Picked up the cobalt tonight. Dropping it off to Plated in the morning. Man this car is a pos. She told me it was a stripped down model but OMG. No power 4 cyl 5 speed. Clutch is so squishy, has to be a girls car. And she is a smoker. The windows are all blurry. I smoke in the exped but always with the window open and never with the kids. Mine looks nothing like this car.

DeckerEnt
03-31-2010, 06:52 PM
My ordeal is done. Picked up the car from Plated today and delivered it to Angel. She is happy, got the exped back.

R825OH
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear Keith!

sean
03-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Thank god for plated. Glad its all over buddy

DeckerEnt
03-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks!

9cobra4
03-31-2010, 11:49 PM
she has back up sensors and a cam, so i know it wasn't her

I really don't see how a camshaft is going to help her back-up but whatever....lol