Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Bengals sign Bryant [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bengals sign Bryant

Yellow98Cobra
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Who was hoping they would have signed T.O and what are your thoughts on this pickup??

I personally do not think Bryant will be the key. He is to injury prone.

03z06vette
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I think t.o. would have been better

Mustard
03-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I belive TO is going to go through some drills with them tomorrow. He may still be on the table

306Power
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
T.O is well past his prime and has never really been much of a no. 2 wr anywhere else, he's use to being the main guy and he wont like that Chad is the guy here. Bryant fits the no. 2 role good if he stays healthy

NaomiDstangLvr
03-10-2010, 07:07 PM
I was hoping for T.O. but maybe they are considering him as a one year deal?? I don't know much about Bryant...

And they resigned Coats! :rolleyes:

Brandon Alsept
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
so wonder how our priMa donna receiver known as Ocho Cinco is gonna react to not being the highest payed receiver we have:rolleyes:

wes 89 gt
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I didn't like the signing at first but I was looking at Bryants stats and everyone keeps saying if he stays healthy he will be fine. He has only missed four games in his career. I think he will be a big suprise to everyone, he has always had a really good yard per catch average. He has never had a good QB to throw him the ball.

DSSKing68
03-11-2010, 06:22 AM
But Bryant carries a lot of baggage himself.

The Miami native played for Bill Parcells in Dallas, though he was drafted a prior to The Tuna’s arrival in 2003. His tenure with the Cowboys ended in 2004 after he infamously threw a jersey in Parcells’ face during a heated exchange. Parcells promptly shipped Bryant to Cleveland in exchange for WR Quincy Morgan.

Bryant signed a $14 million free agent contract with San Francisco in 2006. In what would be his only season with the 49ers, Bryant clashed repeatedly with head coach Mike Nolan, who just happens to be the Dolphins new defensive coordinator. He was also arrested for DUI during the season, resulting in a four-game suspension by the NFL. Bryant was released the following March with two games left on his suspension.

Bryant went unsigned during the 2007 offseason, yet was unable to join a team after Week 2 due to a failed drug test over the summer. Bryant sued the NFL, attempting to cease testing and get the failed test thrown out on the grounds that he wasn’t an active player. The case was resolved out of court in December.

In 2008, Bryant signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the veteran minimum. He delivered career highs in yards (1,248), catches (83) and touchdowns (7). He averaged 15.0 yards per catch that year, right there with his career average of 15.3. The Buccaneers placed the franchise tag on Bryant the following offseason, making him one of the highest paid receivers in the league.

Bryant’s production dropped by nearly 50% in 2009 thanks to knee injuries and inexperience at the quarterback position. Like many veterans, he is seeking a multi-year contract. And he will get that opportunity, as head coach Raheem Morris has confirmed Bryant will not be back in Tampa next season.

This guy in trouble on the field, off the field, and in the locker room....he did play for Pitt, which can't make him all that bad!

I would have rather seen them try to get Marshall. I think he is a better fit on what they need in a receiver. Maybe they will address that in the draft.

NaomiDstangLvr
03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
I would have liked for them to sign Marshall too, but they wanted a first round pick for him and there's no way MB would give up their #21 pick for him....I hope Bryant works out well for us, we'll see I guess. I really hope that MB just let Marvin do his thing and pick the best receiver for us..

BigBadStang
03-12-2010, 12:18 AM
The Bengals will be sorry they signed this goof. He has been an 'issue' everywhere he's been. He is in NO WAY worth what they signed him for! If Mike Brown is the Great Redeemer that he proclaims he is, he should have without a doubt, gone after B-Marsh. 3 straight 100+ catch seasons vs. an untested, undeveloped 21st pick? Seriously, that (to a normally operated franchise :lol:) would be a no brainer. That's assuming Mr. So-Cal the Pompous Ass can throw the football with any degree of accuracy or consistency. :rolleyes:

wes 89 gt
03-12-2010, 11:27 AM
The Bengals will be sorry they signed this goof. He has been an 'issue' everywhere he's been. He is in NO WAY worth what they signed him for! If Mike Brown is the Great Redeemer that he proclaims he is, he should have without a doubt, gone after B-Marsh. 3 straight 100+ catch seasons vs. an untested, undeveloped 21st pick? Seriously, that (to a normally operated franchise :lol:) would be a no brainer. That's assuming Mr. So-Cal the Pompous Ass can throw the football with any degree of accuracy or consistency. :rolleyes:

I don't think it was so much the draft pick as it was him wanting and a five year 60 million dollar contract.. Which they should have gave up for him.

NaomiDstangLvr
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
They just signed another WR, Chris Davis from the Titans...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-sign-WR-Chris-Davis/a988fae6-ad8b-4744-8554-11fb2456c9cd

02mingryGT
03-12-2010, 06:09 PM

I've watched Bryant play over the years. He is a great talent who can run down field and catch the ball which is all the Bengals needed. I remember a lot of people ripping Ced as well when he came here. Don't hear any of that anymore. As far as Carson is concerned there is nothing wrong with his arm. I went to several games last year and the arm strength is the same. It's when pressure up the middle gets close to him he leans on his back foot when he throws the ball which is why they go high. Hopefully he'll get over that this year.

B-marsh is a worse head case than Owens, Chad and Bryant put together. Great receiver who drops a lot of balls as well. You forgot that stat.

It is humorous to me how much this towns fans focus on the offense when it is the defense that is the real star of the team. The defense is the reason we swept the division. Too little depth on the defensive line caught up to them in the end. I'm hoping they draft another wide body DT this year.

Brandon Alsept
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
He has never had a good QB to throw him the ball.

LOL and he still will not have a great QB. He will have a ok one if Carson can remember how to throw the ball.

BigBadStang
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I've watched Bryant play over the years. He is a great talent who can run down field and catch the ball which is all the Bengals needed. I remember a lot of people ripping Ced as well when he came here. Don't hear any of that anymore. As far as Carson is concerned there is nothing wrong with his arm. I went to several games last year and the arm strength is the same. It's when pressure up the middle gets close to him he leans on his back foot when he throws the ball which is why they go high. Hopefully he'll get over that this year.

B-marsh is a worse head case than Owens, Chad and Bryant put together. Great receiver who drops a lot of balls as well. You forgot that stat.

It is humorous to me how much this towns fans focus on the offense when it is the defense that is the real star of the team. The defense is the reason we swept the division. Too little depth on the defensive line caught up to them in the end. I'm hoping they draft another wide body DT this year.

Ok...he dropped more than a few...but still had many, many more catches than ANYONE on the Bengals roster. Hey, I know all about him being a head case, I'm a big time Broncos fan! I hate to see him go from a talent standpoint, but he is a distraction more often than not.
I was more or less busting on Mike Brown and his bullshit speech about being the self proclaimed Great Redeemer, when he is using that to hide behind getting troubled talent on the cheap.:lol:

02mingryGT
03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I was more or less busting on Mike Brown and his bullshit speech about being the self proclaimed Great Redeemer, when he is using that to hide behind getting troubled talent on the cheap.:lol:

:lol: I agree on that statement. People being willing to play here that have had past problems has more to do with Marvin and the coaching staff and players than it has to do with Mike Brown. Yeah he does get them on the cheap(Tank Johnson, Ced Benson) but when they stay clean and contribute they are rewarded with long term good paying deals(Tank and Ced).

And I know I say this every year but we paid for the Reds stadium as well and they've sucked balls for a decade now. I just don't get how Mike is the bad guy but the Reds owners skate by all the criticism. Hell i long for the days of Marge Schott.

wes 89 gt
03-13-2010, 12:55 PM
LOL and he still will not have a great QB. He will have a ok one if Carson can remember how to throw the ball.
LOL ok, bryant has only had a QB to throw more touchdowns than interceptions in a season one time. Carson has done it every year of his career besides 08 when he only played only 4 games. Not a great QB but still a damn good one compared to what Bryant has had.