Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Clutch cable opinions [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Clutch cable opinions

Pitbull1052
03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
K so I've had two clutch cables in the past 3 years and I'm tired of them stretching on me...... what's the best to get? I hear Ford is just wanted to see some opinions

kennebellcobra
03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Stock is the best you can get...I grind, use washers, anything to keep the stock one...even makes the pedal very noticable lighter.

Pitbull1052
03-09-2010, 11:23 AM
yea that's what I'm being told but the stock one is like $221.75 from Ford..... that totally sucks!!!!! wonder why it's so much I mean the Steeda one is only like $40

5.0calypso93lx
03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Yep, I'm with Shannon. Maximum Motorsports tested out several different types of cables and found that OEM is the best and most resistant to stretching. They carry them as well. I'm going to be replacing my UPR quadrant and adjustable cable with the MM stuff. I am, however, keeping my Fiore micro click firewall adjuster. Way nicer than those crappy set screw FWA's.

MM carries them for $67:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_160&products_id=897

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
MM with their adjustable setup....that'll be going in mine with my next clutch.

kennebellcobra
03-09-2010, 05:29 PM
The mm is great for the street(very nice release) but for fast shifts...better clutch life...little et... a quick release is the only way. When the cobra was a stick I put the mm on it when the wife drove it or drove it on the street a lot....then switched to the quick release for the track. I got lazy and decided not to switch and left the mm on at the track...had clutch smoke come out of every shift...had the quick release with me...switched it...smoke was gone.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
What's this quick release you speak of? :D

Never heard of anything like that. Link?

kennebellcobra
03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.promotionpowertrain.com/index.html

This not a direct link but keep watching this page and it comes up in the slides...I run the their firewall stabalizer and quadrant with a stock cable...I think I had to put washers on the bellhousing where the cable goes through to make it work.

5.0calypso93lx
03-10-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.promotionpowertrain.com/index.html

This not a direct link but keep watching this page and it comes up in the slides...I run the their firewall stabalizer and quadrant with a stock cable...I think I had to put washers on the bellhousing where the cable goes through to make it work.

So when you refer to quick release, what actual part are you referring to? The quadrant?

99Slobra
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I prefer Steeda's quick release and the stock cable is the only way to go...

I bought my last one from Middletown Ford and it was like 75ish

kennebellcobra
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
So when you refer to quick release, what actual part are you referring to? The quadrant?

Yes....the quadrant.

inferno50
03-10-2010, 10:30 PM
i had alot of problems with the cables going bad because of how close my headers ran to it. changed the headers and no problems since. i have the jegs cable and i like it. also the quadrent and the firewall adjuster.