Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
cell phones...verizon customers please... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cell phones...verizon customers please...

PonymanfiveO
03-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I have had the same Blackberry Pearl for over a year and a half now. Its been a great phone, I love the Verizon network and the Blackberry but I need something new. The only complaint Ive had with the Pearl is the small buttons and The Facebook Ap keeps going retarded on me.

I have it narrowed down to a new Storm2, a Blackberry Tour, or maybe a Motorola or HTC droid. I know a few people who are liking the Droid stuff.

help me out kids. :bigthumb

I dont want to switch wireless companies either so save your breath.
And I dont care how much you love your Iphone. :rolleyes: :D

mustangrfast88
03-09-2010, 12:10 AM
i have been looking for a new phone to and i got verizon too and have heard good things from the droid not a fan of blackberrys myself

9cobra4
03-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I've got the blackberry tour, I love it. Not as many apps as the droid, but imo its easier to text on(my thumbs hit the bottom of the screen when using the top row of keys on the droid). The browser works great 95% of the time, sometimes it can be a tad slow, but most of the time its decently quick. Check out the drunken farmers phone next time he's around, he just bought a droid.

PonymanfiveO
03-09-2010, 12:23 AM
yea I was trying to help him learn how to use it right after he got it.
Thats waaay too much phone for him! haha

94tchikinv8
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
I have an HTC Droid Eris and I like it a lot. It is my first smart phone though, so take that with a grain of salt if you wish.

It has been very handy since I've had it. Some things on it take time to learn, most are pretty intuitive. As far as ease of use, I've heard more good about the HTC sense or whatever it is that works on the eris than the regular moto droid. I'm still learning some of the finer details.

-Rob

dawsin94cobra
03-09-2010, 12:52 AM
iphone for life!!!

RACEME
03-09-2010, 06:03 AM
The droid with the swype texting app is the coolest thing I have ever used.

VuNiT3
03-09-2010, 07:25 AM
I have the first Storm they came out with and it has it's moments. I would go for the Droid. I have heard nothing but good things about it. I am thinking of getting one myself;)

347sc
03-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Just picked up the droid and love it. Little thing is pretty amazing. Hands down the best phone I have ever had. Installed the swype app and its great if you use the touch screen keyboard. Like the metal detector too.lol iphone doesn't have that.

bascom123
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I own a storm (original one) works good. Needs frequent hard reboot (battery pull) but its a great phone. I hear better things about the storm2 since it has twice the system memory and wifi..

VuNiT3
03-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I own a storm (original one) works good. Needs frequent hard reboot (battery pull) but its a great phone. I hear better things about the storm2 since it has twice the system memory and wifi..

That is the same problem I have with mine. It constantly freezes up it seems.

MWoods26
03-09-2010, 10:57 AM
If you can wait couple months you may be able to get an iphone without leaving VZ. The Apple/Att contract is set to expire in June and there is no telling what carriers will end up with the sweetest phone on the market.

89notch
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
If you can wait couple months you may be able to get an iphone without leaving VZ. The Apple/Att contract is set to expire in June and there is no telling what carriers will end up with the sweetest phone on the market.

If they dont get the contract extension with At&T the earliest you will see an I phone on Verizon's network will be late 2011. Apple refuses to build a phone around Verizons CDMA technology but rumor is they are willing to build a phone for the new LTE network verizon is building.

I just made this decision myself a few months ago. I got tired of the no app support and blackberry freeze ups. I did my research on the possibility of a Verizon based I phone and found it would be a few years out. I was willing to sacrifice the coverage of Verizon for the benefit of the Iphone. If your not willing to do that then I suggest making the switch to a droid phone. The droids platform is great for applications and MP3 etc. I just love the Iphone platform and the fast 3g network of At&t(when its available :lol:) I have played with a droid a few times and it is very similar to an Iphone.

1badasp
03-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I have the droid aris and love it. I have a friemd at wotk who has the motorola droid and he loves it. I can say that the motorola droid is heavy

PonymanfiveO
03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

PonymanfiveO
03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Well I picked up the HTC droid and it is very impressive so far. I don't know how I lived so long with that pearl! Lol

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Blackballed
03-09-2010, 08:40 PM
The droid rocks. No complaints here.

orange01gt
03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
the droid and droid aris are def. b.a.

Kevin1989
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM
im a sprint person, but i have played around on the Droid, and the Curve for Verizon. the droid hands down takes the cake, lots of cool shit, the video camera is awesome!

RACEME
03-10-2010, 05:58 AM
download the barcode scanner app. It is nice when you are shopping to scan whatever you are looking at, and have the phone find the best prices and even look for coupons for you.

beefcake
03-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I was gonna say look at the palm pre, verizon has that now too, but too late lol

RACEME
03-10-2010, 10:04 AM
droidforums.net have fun

347sc
03-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I can say that the motorola droid is heavy

It no heavier then my last phone and its about the same as my ipod video. Yep droid forums is a great place for info and ways to mod it.

dragula1986gt
03-10-2010, 09:12 PM
droid need i say more

blown86lx
03-12-2010, 02:49 AM
droid need i say more

No you dont my wife got me one for valentines day and I love it endless possibilities.I still have yet to figure out all the basic functions but it's the best phone hands down!!