Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
JOB, anywhere hiring? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JOB, anywhere hiring?

PONYGRL
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I just met with my advisor and I am graduating early... I am done with school after this semester except for 1 summer class and will be receiving my diploma this summer. I'm finished with school, but won't receive my diploma until this summer because requirements changed, allowing me to finish a semester early.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere hiring in the area? My major is communication studies with a marketing minor. I have hotel and clerical experience. I worked for an insurance company for 4 yrs and did a variety of work for them (reports, ordering supplies, filing, ordering vehicle info and loss runs, was in charge of distributing marketing material, etc) and also have childcare experience (5+ years). I am very eager, organized, professional and get the job done.

I am open to almost any type of position. I was considering something in sales but will consider anything full-time. You guys and gals work at all different places and know a lot of people so I figured this would be a great place to ask. Thanks, as always!

Pitbull1052
03-05-2010, 10:39 AM
you still baby sitting for the girl that works in my HR? Thats who i'd get with they always have openings in marketing and sales

99Slobra
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I know at&t is hiring for sales reps all over the cincy/dayton market. Great money and cheap benefits.

mustangboy
03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Just out of curiosity what is a major in communication studies?

mwaller5672
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Never seen a women yet that couldn't communicate. Put out that garbage-paint that room-clean the garage:lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Never seen a women yet that couldn't communicate. Put out that garbage-paint that room-clean the garage:lol:

you're going to hell :lol:

redfirepearlgt
03-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Careful there Bright-ite, Stacey will scratch your eyes out. LOL!! That was funny though!! LOL!!! Sorry Stacey.

Wish I had a lead for you but nothing. I am looking for others as well in my daily and weekly travels. Good Luck. You'll find something.

cobrajoe
03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
A good resume' and i could pass it along to HR at the Enquirer!?!

Blonde_5.0
03-10-2010, 06:00 PM
cincinnati metropolitan housing is hiring....cintimha.com is the website there are job listings on there

cstreu1026
03-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm still waiting for your resume.

PONYGRL
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Just out of curiosity what is a major in communication studies?
Well, I have taken tons of speech classes, interviewing classses and really refined my writing skills. I've taken small-group, interpersonal, and intercultural courses, as well as learned about research methods in communications and other theories. Essentially, I have improved all my communication and speaking skills and learned and practiced different techniques about how to be a better communicator in pretty much all aspects. Many people with my major get into PR, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Sales or Management positions. It is broad and really flexible, yet important in any career/industry, IMO.

cincinnati metropolitan housing is hiring....cintimha.com is the website there are job listings on there
Thanks, I will check them out right now. Have you ever found a job? I remember a while back you were searching.

PONYGRL
03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
If anyone else can help me out, I would really appreciate it. I am going to go to NKU's job fair at the end of the month....so we will see if I find anything there (doubtful).

Blonde_5.0
03-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I will check them out right now. Have you ever found a job? I remember a while back you were searching.

Yeah I work for Cinti Metro Housing....I like it alot and its a state job with great benefits...and I stay busy which I like because the day goes by quickly

redfirepearlgt
03-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Rotex a 140 year old company I just found out is looking for an HR manager. Their HR person is retiring. THey are located on Knowlton Street in the St. Bernard area right off of Spring Grove Ave.

Maybe you degree would get your foot in the door for that position. Hope this helps.

Chad

DeckerEnt
03-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I talk to this Hottie at speedway in the mornings. She works for Macy's. She tells me to check their web site for job listings. Macysjobs.com I think. You will find it. Good luck.

PONYGRL
03-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys. I have been busy the past few weeks and since I posted this. I went to a few workshops this week at NKU and plan on attending our Job Fair next Tuesday. I will have my resumes (yes, multiple ones) in tip-top shape by the beginning of next week. If anyone's companies are personally hiring, I am more than willing to pass it along to you. I will also check into your guys' suggestions because I would LOVE to be employed within the next few months :)

RACEME
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Rotex a 140 year old company I just found out is looking for an HR manager. Their HR person is retiring. THey are located on Knowlton Street in the St. Bernard area right off of Spring Grove Ave.

Maybe you degree would get your foot in the door for that position. Hope this helps.

Chad

I worked there about 10 years ago as a designer. Good place. Several of the top level managers are also part owners.

PONYGRL
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I checked Rotex's website and it says they have no current job openings. Do you know how I could go about contacting them? Their website specifically says no phone calls about job opportunities.

RACEME
03-26-2010, 12:23 PM
They use staffing services to do the initial interviews to weed out duds before you can actually interview with them. I think it was addeco or something like that. maybe aerotek?? I don't remember.