PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do alignment themselves?

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Curious to see if anyone does their own alignment and has the tools to do it in their garage. I know some road racers who set their own camber, and that's what i'm looking for specifically. I had my alignment done at Tire Discounters last summer and i'm not at all happy with how they set the camber. It's got a lot of positive camber (the top of the tires stick out further than the bottom) and i'm concerned about tire wear, aside from the fact that it just plain looks stupid. I'm not going back and spending another $65 to get the same results. They told me they set it to stock specs but i think something was done wrong.

bestracing
03-02-2010, 02:16 PM
If you do have someone else align it for you make sure to take some weight with you to put into the drivers seat to replace your weight if you drive it mostly alone. Not a real big deal but it can help.

Stangman
03-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Isn't there a place in Blue Ash called Performance Alignment? The guy used to be on race teams setting up suspension? I cant remember..

bangingears
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
if you have camber plates that easy to correct. I usally use a angle finder on the center of the rim and adjust that way. I have a alingment machine at work and can align it any way you want.

Gene
03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Isn't there a place in Blue Ash called Performance Alignment? The guy used to be on race teams setting up suspension? I cant remember..

Bill still is on a race team. Can't beat them for alignment work and suspension setup.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I've got all stock parts, no CC plates unfortunately but i'm not trying to camber out the front end, i just want it like it should be or maybe a degree or two of negative camber at the most.

Stangman
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Worst case scenario slot the holes a little bit

DeckerEnt
03-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Get in touch with Jon, Mustangjon on here, at the Tire Discounters over here in Fort Wright. He is the manager and took care of my coupe for less than 65. Did it again for free when I replaced my rack. The number to TD over here is 859-341-3920.