Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Taking headlights apart [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Taking headlights apart

ashnic
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Ok, talked with Chris and I am going to take the headlights/tail lights down to him to tint, but I also have junk inside the headlights I would like to clean out before he does the paint work. I have read that you can put some headlights in the oven for a couple of mins and then pull them apart...will that work with 99-04 mustang headlights? Have looked for links but not having any luck..

Aweasel
03-02-2010, 09:00 AM
don't see why not. I did this to my motorcycle headlight. Stick it on a cookie sheet in there at 300 or so for about 20 minutes. It'll soften the seal between the cases. It's a really sticky thick putty like sealer so be careful not to get it all over your clothes or worse, your carpet.

facemelter71
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Most of the time the two half's are bonded together,almost melted. Have a close look and make sure there not melted at the seem.

Stangman
03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I used a dremel with a small diamond cutting wheel and cut my lincoln headlights apart to rechrome them. Just used plastic epoxy to put them back together. kinda messy and sloppy looking but it got the job done. I recommend after the epoxy hardens... go over it with a bead of clear RTV to seal up any small pinholes in the epoxy otherwise you'll blow an HID bulb... ask me how I know :mad:

plated
03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
i can get them dirt cheap brand new delivered in 1 day if you want them lmk

Stangman
03-02-2010, 10:14 AM
the bug!! I miss that car!! it ruled!! nice choice on the avatar Chris!!

plated
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
the bug!! I miss that car!! it ruled!! nice choice on the avatar Chris!!
check the car out now on hackersparadise.com check out the 1927 model a wires,motorcycle tires and vw caps:bigthumb my phone # is still on the door lol

Stangman
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
That is wild!! truely a unique car... I'd love to build one just like that one day.

ashnic
03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Chris think I will bring you my nice set, and if you can get me a good deal (I'll talk to you when I get there Sat) I may just go ahead and get them...Thanks..