PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Steves LX
03-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I decided to clean up my engine bay wiring. Everything was labled and hooked back up the way it was but it is now relocated to my fender well. The car starts and runs fine but I have a electrical problem somewhere and cant seem to find it. I have 3 guages on my A pillar that are all tied into one another for the illumination. None of the guages light up when I turn my head lights on now. One of the guages is a volt meter and if you turn the key forward the voltage goes up to 13. But if you turn the lights on the voltage immediately drops to o. If you leave the key turned to the off position and turn the lights on the needle on the volt guage goes drops down below zero. Not sure what is causing this but any help would be appreciated. I went back thru and check everything I unhooked and found nothing. All I had unhooked was the starter silenoid and the coil. I made sure the headlight harness got hooked back up and the fusible link for it was hooked back up to the silenoid. All my lights work except those 3 guages. Not sure why the voltage drops from 13 to 0 as soon as you turn the head lights on.

Stangman
03-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Probably shoulda soldered every connection...

see what you did? just when you got it right ya had to go touching it again! :lol:

Cant not touch! hahaha

Steves LX
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Probably shoulda soldered every connection...

see what you did? just when you got it right ya had to go touching it again! :lol:

Cant not touch! hahaha

Atually I did solder my connections

Stangman
03-01-2010, 05:13 PM
congratulations... maybe that is the problem! :lol:

JFWY!!!

Steves LX
03-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Problem fixed. I had a loose wire.

bbfstanger
03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
sounds like a bad ground to me.