Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
CL Find 1993 Charged Cobra! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CL Find 1993 Charged Cobra!

Pitbull1052
03-01-2010, 08:43 AM
this anyone on here? I've never seen it before

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1622380268.html

plated
03-01-2010, 09:05 AM
thats a smokin deal really wish i had 8,500 layin around

Pitbull1052
03-01-2010, 09:14 AM
me too!!!!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
WANT! If i ever have a hatch again it'll be a Cobra clone (unless i strike it rich and can afford the real thing). I don't know if i'd want black over the teal though.

Johnson1134
03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
yeah that is a SICK ride.

Pitbull1052
03-01-2010, 10:39 AM
WANT! If i ever have a hatch again it'll be a Cobra clone (unless i strike it rich and can afford the real thing). I don't know if i'd want black over the teal though.

I think that's what I'm gonna do with mine

306Power
03-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Mhmm I love it, guy seems like he's pretty honest at least from the ad as well.

MWoods26
03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
CLONES ARE GAY!!!!!!! Anytime I went anywhere in one of the REAL 93 Cobras I had I would always get people who ask "is that a real 93 cobra?" I would get sick of it. I couldnt imagine if everytime I had to say "No, its just a GT/lx that I made to look like one" Im sorry if that sounds stuck up but I wanted a 93 cobra for 10 years before I could finally afford one.

1baddlx
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
what mike just said sounds retarded,not stuck up.you act like since you've owned 1 or 2 or who cares that your car was better than someones whose isnt a real 93 cobra.

Pitbull1052
03-01-2010, 11:16 AM
i have to disagree with what mikes saying about cobra clones being gay,just because you cant afford a real one doesnt mean you shouldnt be a proud owner of a mustang regaurdless if its real or not.ive owned a 93 cobra myself at one time.

preach on brotha :lol:

MWoods26
03-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey what ever makes YOU happy. If you want to roll around in a FAKE SNAKE and are happy with it because thats what you can afford then by all means do it. I wasnt tryn to put down anybody because of what they could or couldnt afford, I just stated that I waited till I could afford the real deal. There is a reason why 93 cobras (and many other cars) are so cool and a part of it is the limted numbers. I feel that cloning them just takes away from the coolness of a real one.

1baddlx
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
actually look at the kelley blue book on one of them versus what they are going for.alot of people dont have the money laying around and have to depend on the bank to possibly loan them the money,and then the bank will tell ya that its not worth 15-20k plus that people want for a nice/mint one.a fake snake doesnt have any effect on the coolness of a real cobra anyway.and yes you were putting down cobra clones saying they were gay.

03z06vette
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey what ever makes YOU happy. If you want to roll around in a FAKE SNAKE and are happy with it because thats what you can afford then by all means do it. I wasnt tryn to put down anybody because of what they could or couldnt afford, I just stated that I waited till I could afford the real deal. There is a reason why 93 cobras (and many other cars) are so cool and a part of it is the limted numbers. I feel that cloning them just takes away from the coolness of a real one.

Well said! and yes clones are gay.

1baddlx
03-01-2010, 11:38 AM
ive been a mustang enthusiast since 96 and i appreciate it when people try to improve their cars in anyway,i wouldnt never say a guys car is gay for being a fake snake or whatever.i didnt realize cars had a sexual preference,i guess maybe i could find a real 93 cobra to hump my gt/or my notch to possibly have little car babies that will turn into 93 cobra.:lol::flipoff:

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-01-2010, 11:42 AM
CLONES ARE GAY!!!!!!! Anytime I went anywhere in one of the REAL 93 Cobras I had I would always get people who ask "is that a real 93 cobra?" I would get sick of it. I couldnt imagine if everytime I had to say "No, its just a GT/lx that I made to look like one" Im sorry if that sounds stuck up but I wanted a 93 cobra for 10 years before I could finally afford one.

For the record i wouldn't put Cobra badges on my clone. When it comes to badges i'm kind of a purist. I'm kinda torn though, i don't know if i'd want a Cobra clone or a Saleen clone. They're both so badass. I guess instead of "clone" i should've just said "body kit".

Brad if i were you i'd just throw a Saleen valance on your car and call it a day. Maybe get a nice cowl like Kenny has.

draggin50
03-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Im with you Jason. Sure Id love to have one and could afford one but why buy a 15 or 20k car when I know Ill just modify it too. Give me a gay fake snake and see if I care! Look at Chads car.

1baddlx
03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
in my opinion chads car looks better than a stock cobra,when you look at his car it gives you an idea as to what a 93 cobra would look like with alot of modifications and a nice looking paint scheme

draggin50
03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Well said! and yes clones are gay.

So are vettes but we dont sit around bitching about it. Its each persons opinion as to what he choses to drive/modify. You love cars the same way I do and Im sure it would bother you if someone said your car was gay!

93Turbo4v
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
:flipoff:

i dont know what affording ones got to do with anything i got a clone that i got over 30 grand in and if you wont to say its guy lets drive around and see what one gets more looks and you probly had to wait to buy a real one because cant build one yourself :flipoff:

draggin50
03-01-2010, 12:11 PM

i dont know what affording ones got to do with anything i got a clone that i got over 30 grand in and if you wont to say its guy lets drive around and see what one gets more looks and you probly had to wait to buy a real one because cant build one yourself :flipoff:

Id take yours Chad over a real one anyday.

87stangbbb
03-01-2010, 12:13 PM

do you have any good pics of your car?

draggin50
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Check under his new guy post Brandon.

MWoods26
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Your right I had to wait and buy one because I didnt work at Ford back in 93. Its a damn shame I couldnt build a 93 cobra myself! and I wouldnt really call yours a clone it looks more of a custom build than a clone

draggin50
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I sent you a pic to your phone Brandon.

Pitbull1052
03-01-2010, 12:31 PM
For the record i wouldn't put Cobra badges on my clone. When it comes to badges i'm kind of a purist. I'm kinda torn though, i don't know if i'd want a Cobra clone or a Saleen clone. They're both so badass. I guess instead of "clone" i should've just said "body kit".

Brad if i were you i'd just throw a Saleen valance on your car and call it a day. Maybe get a nice cowl like Kenny has.

I know I'm half way there huh....... think it would look alright with just the front valance or????

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Hell yes...but i'm all about the low valance road race look.

Here's a couple examples. The cranberry car has a Saleen rear bumper cover but they're so close to stock that i don't think they're necessary. I think you can do without the side skirts completely.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/EVIL85SSP/cranberrysnypers.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/EVIL85SSP/18stwotoned.jpg

Pitbull1052
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
oh it's a rap then..... man I love that two tone look

03z06vette
03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
So are vettes but we dont sit around bitching about it. Its each persons opinion as to what he choses to drive/modify. You love cars the same way I do and Im sure it would bother you if someone said your car was gay!

well said.... vetts are gay, lol

Stangman
03-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Someone needs to donate the usage of their garage, we'll need some candles, low-light, some soft music and some 110 octane... and if we can get 2 '93 cobras in their together, I think we'll be in luck...

atleast that's how I was told it works :D :lol:

So does this make my '88 LX hatchback to GT converted car gay too? Or my '85 coupe that is being turned into a GT coupe?

I hope not... I mean, its my car, I built it for me, not to sell to anyone.

draggin50
03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Dont look to gay to me!!

03z06vette
03-01-2010, 04:18 PM
i dont think anyones car is gay, except ones that are trying to b somthing they are not. being gay is relative to what u like. its not personal.

87stangbbb
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Dont look to gay to me!!
that reminds me of marks gould car

draggin50
03-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Kinda but alot nicer.

87stangbbb
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
yeah definitely

Stangman
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
dayumn... your car looks killer Chad... I remember when Jr. first showed me a pic of it on the cell phone... it was a tiny pic but still awesome

may93
03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I dont see a problem with someone building a clone. I had a 90 GT that I added a Mach 1 hood and Cervini gound effects. It was supercharged and had about every mod available. It wasnt close to a clone but in my opinion it was more of what a Cobra should have been. When comeone would ask if it was a real Cobra I always said no. I also had a 95 GT that looked like a Cobra R. Both cars were very nice and I built them for half the price of a real Cobra and they were faster then the factory versions by far. Why buy a $17,000 dollar mint condition car just to make mods to it that drops the value of the car? I never had anything but compliments about my cars and the only complaints were from those who were jealous that I built a better version of their car for half the price. Its when you lie about the car or try to sell it as something its not that makes the difference.

draggin50
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I dont see a problem with someone building a clone. I had a 90 GT that I added a Mach 1 hood and Cervini gound effects. It was supercharged and had about every mod available. It wasnt close to a clone but in my opinion it was more of what a Cobra should have been. When comeone would ask if it was a real Cobra I always said no. I also had a 95 GT that looked like a Cobra R. Both cars were very nice and I built them for half the price of a real Cobra and they were faster then the factory versions by far. Why buy a $17,000 dollar mint condition car just to make mods to it that drops the value of the car? I never had anything but compliments about my cars and the only complaints were from those who were jealous that I built a better version of their car for half the price. Its when you lie about the car or try to sell it as something its not that makes the difference.

Thanks!!! Thats what its all about in the first place. Well said!

MWoods26
03-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Man did I open a can of worms stating I think clones are gay! First off a clone is when you try to make one look exactly like an original. The car 93Turbo4v has is a sweet ride, but I dont really consider it to be a 93 cobra clone just because it has a cobra body kit. The only thing I would change is the badges and those cobra decals on it because its just not a cobra. even if you did dump 30g in it, its still not a Cobra. like 85 ss 302 coupe said "When it comes to badges i'm kind of a purist." But again its your car and if your happy with it then Im happy for you. As far as the people who have said they wouldnt want a real cobra because they would just want to mod it and that hurts the value, I feel you. I have had three 93 cobras and I sold every single one of them for more than I paid. They were investments that I got to enjoy for awhile. There are plenty of cheap Gt/Lx out there to mod the shit out of so why do it to a real cobra unless you really have that kindof money to burn.(someday I hope to have that kindof money and will built a really nasty real teal car) And sorry if I hurt anybodys feeling but I stick by my original statement. clones are fucking gay!

92coupe
03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Dont look to gay to me!!

Is that a Gould & Son car?

1baddlx
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
no it isnt ,chad painted that car himself,he had a car that was painted like it years ago and decided to paint this one himself.he spent alot of time on it and money to.he does great work as well .

1baddlx
03-01-2010, 10:45 PM
is the color actually teal or is it called blue corral?for the 93 cobras.

93Turbo4v
03-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Man did I open a can of worms stating I think clones are gay! First off a clone is when you try to make one look exactly like an original. The car 93Turbo4v has is a sweet ride, but I dont really consider it to be a 93 cobra clone just because it has a cobra body kit. The only thing I would change is the badges and those cobra decals on it because its just not a cobra. even if you did dump 30g in it, its still not a Cobra. like 85 ss 302 coupe said "When it comes to badges i'm kind of a purist." But again its your car and if your happy with it then Im happy for you. As far as the people who have said they wouldnt want a real cobra because they would just want to mod it and that hurts the value, I feel you. I have had three 93 cobras and I sold every single one of them for more than I paid. They were investments that I got to enjoy for awhile. There are plenty of cheap Gt/Lx out there to mod the shit out of so why do it to a real cobra unless you really have that kindof money to burn.(someday I hope to have that kindof money and will built a really nasty real teal car) And sorry if I hurt anybodys feeling but I stick by my original statement. clones are fucking gay!
all i got to say about you calling clones fucking gay is that your going to say that to the wrong guy one day and it might not be good

1baddlx
03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
:AR15::lol::squirt: now that was funny,if driving a fake snake that i can afford or even a fake gt/lx means that the car is gay then i guess im gay too.just dont tell my hot girlfriend she could whip a mans ass if she wanted too.

MWoods26
03-02-2010, 01:43 AM
is the color actually teal or is it called blue corral?for the 93 cobras.

It was called "teal metalic" paint code "RD"

draggin50
03-02-2010, 03:01 AM
This is great!!!:popcorn:

DeckerEnt
03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Are we really that snow bound that we have to bitch about an emblem?? Think of it this way. Take a Real 93 Cobra, and a 93 lx 4 banger. Strip every nut and bolt from both. What is left, a vin number on the dash. Now personally I would not pay the premium to have the vin from the cobra. I would much rather start with the lx and build it the way i wanted. Leave the low numbered cars to the collecters who stash them in storage just to make a few bucks on them. Build what you want and have fun!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Are we really that snow bound that we have to bitch about an emblem?? Think of it this way. Take a Real 93 Cobra, and a 93 lx 4 banger. Strip every nut and bolt from both. What is left, a vin number on the dash. Now personally I would not pay the premium to have the vin from the cobra. I would much rather start with the lx and build it the way i wanted. Leave the low numbered cars to the collecters who stash them in storage just to make a few bucks on them. Build what you want and have fun!

Exactly. Unless the real thing is low miles, who gives a damn anyways? Once it's beat and ragged on and modified to hell and back, what is there that's "Cobra" about it? If you throw an aftermarket 347 into a Cobra, what do you have left that's "Cobra"? A 5 lug conversion, a body kit and some emblems and a VIN number. I think unless it's a low mileage collector car it doesn't really deserve any more respect than the other guy's modded car cause being a Cobra doesn't mean it's faster than anything except for a stock GT.

Stangman
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
All it boils down to is the name and the rare color.

Look at "Stolen Goods" and what the magazine did for that car...

A real low mileage cobra.. completely stripped when it was rescued.. Would I have restored that car back to 100% original, No, but I would have thought about it.

I am on the fence about rare cars, part of me wants one that is dead-nuts original, the other half of me wants to mod the crap out of it!

draggin50
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
All it boils down to is the name and the rare color.

Look at "Stolen Goods" and what the magazine did for that car...

A real low mileage cobra.. completely stripped when it was rescued.. Would I have restored that car back to 100% original, No, but I would have thought about it.

I am on the fence about rare cars, part of me wants one that is dead-nuts original, the other half of me wants to mod the crap out of it!

Thats exactly why I dont want one. I want something I can get out a beat on all the time and enjoy it. Im not into it to make money. I just like to have fun and go fast doing it!

93Turbo4v
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Thats exactly why I dont want one. I want something I can get out a beat on all the time and enjoy it. Im not into it to make money. I just like to have fun and go fast doing it!

there we go not i n it for the but for the fun i never seen so many ford guys argue over mustangs i thought all ford guys got along if we are going to argue lets do it with a chevy guy lol

Pitbull1052
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
there we go not i n it for the but for the fun i never seen so many ford guys argue over mustangs i thought all ford guys got along if we are going to argue lets do it with a chevy guy lol

Oh know we like to argue around here

Stangman
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey Chad, you got a mark viii motor in that car?

93Turbo4v
03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Chad, you got a mark viii motor in that car?

No its a 96 cobra motor that i pieced together i got the crank rods and pistions from jimssvt intake and shit like that from swap meet and i got my turbo headers and stuff came from jimssvt turbo is a 76mm off my old 302 and its got 03-04 cobra cams butt still need computer and 60lb injectors i just need to put it together and put it in my car

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
No its a 96 cobra motor that i pieced together i got the crank rods and pistions from jimssvt intake and shit like that from swap meet and i got my turbo headers and stuff came from jimssvt turbo is a 76mm off my old 302 and its got 03-04 cobra cams butt still need computer and 60lb injectors i just need to put it together and put it in my car

That sounds badass :bigthumb

bangingears
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Exactly. Unless the real thing is low miles, who gives a damn anyways? Once it's beat and ragged on and modified to hell and back, what is there that's "Cobra" about it? If you throw an aftermarket 347 into a Cobra, what do you have left that's "Cobra"? A 5 lug conversion, a body kit and some emblems and a VIN number. I think unless it's a low mileage collector car it doesn't really deserve any more respect than the other guy's modded car cause being a Cobra doesn't mean it's faster than anything except for a stock GT.

I have a very low milage teal cobra, its getting a big turbo and a automatic. I dont really care if its a cobra or not, its still my car. The guy who owns the CL supercharged car is named Waylon. Wonder if its the same waylon from a few years ago

93Turbo4v
03-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Man did I open a can of worms stating I think clones are gay! First off a clone is when you try to make one look exactly like an original. The car 93Turbo4v has is a sweet ride, but I dont really consider it to be a 93 cobra clone just because it has a cobra body kit. The only thing I would change is the badges and those cobra decals on it because its just not a cobra. even if you did dump 30g in it, its still not a Cobra. like 85 ss 302 coupe said "When it comes to badges i'm kind of a purist." But again its your car and if your happy with it then Im happy for you. As far as the people who have said they wouldnt want a real cobra because they would just want to mod it and that hurts the value, I feel you. I have had three 93 cobras and I sold every single one of them for more than I paid. They were investments that I got to enjoy for awhile. There are plenty of cheap Gt/Lx out there to mod the shit out of so why do it to a real cobra unless you really have that kindof money to burn.(someday I hope to have that kindof money and will built a really nasty real teal car) And sorry if I hurt anybodys feeling but I stick by my original statement. clones are fucking gay!by the way my car dose not have deals on it where it says cobra mustang thats painted on

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-04-2010, 02:59 AM
This thread reminds me of the guy on here who built the saleen clone and did such a good job that steve saleen certified it and gave it a number making it a real saleen car. Makes you wonder what difference it really makes if a clone is built right.

Stangman
03-04-2010, 07:27 AM
This thread reminds me of the guy on here who built the saleen clone and did such a good job that steve saleen certified it and gave it a number making it a real saleen car. Makes you wonder what difference it really makes if a clone is built right.

Now that is the ultimate honor..

I mean, those cars started out life as LX's anyway...

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Exactly. I don't remember what his screen name was, it was a white car. I don't know if he posts here anymore. It's like you said, it all comes down to a vin number and special paint and parts. I guess that's all cars really though. Part of me believes every performance car should be rode hard and modified to hell and back because that's their purpose, but i also understand the need to preserve certain models for posterity.

zippy94
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah I know who you are talking about with the 99 up saleen.He braggs about it all the time and he is trying to sell it off as number car.
I guess im gay owning two clone cars or all race cars(nmra) sporting cobra front ends and cobra badges are gay too.

1baddlx
03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
here we go again lol....