Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Age of emancipation and child support? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Age of emancipation and child support?

RIXXX93GT
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM
My oldest daughter turned 18 last June. I knew up front that I would have to continue to pay child support for her until she graduates high school. In our divorce decree it states this is when support ends there are no provisions or verbage pertaining to college.
I figured I would call the CSEA and ask them if any action by me was necessary to facilitate the reduction in support as I would only be responsible for one daughter when my oldest graduates. Well turns out in Miami County there is no listing for this department, so I had to call another agency and they had to transfer me. Then after the phone rang about twenty times a voice mail recording comes on stating they no longer take "live" calls. You have to talk into a machine and state all kinds of info and then they tell you they will return your call in as few as two business days.
I have heard from others that they didnt call and they kept deducting the same amount months after it was to be reduced then he had to fight to get the money back. Has anyone else been through this, and if so how do they determine the new support amount....should be cut in half...right? :lol:LOL yea right. Of course now I get to pay for college but thats fine by me.

Pitbull1052
02-26-2010, 03:31 PM
this happened to my dad when I was younger I ened up moving in with him and my brother stayed with my mom........ it happened for like 2 years. I suggest you call your attorney if you used one and take it back to court for a reduction