Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Shoulder surgery questions?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder surgery questions??

'92Stang
02-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Good morning. On monday I had surgery to repair a couple torn tendons in my rotator cuff. Last night was the earliest I was allowed to take off the bandages. I thought I was only going to have maybe 1-2 incisions, instead I have 5?? My doctor is out of town, and my follow up with him isn't until next friday when he will go over all the procedures he performed on the shoulder. Can anyone tell me how long I'll have to wear this sling around, and how long will I have therapy ( my first appointment is this morning). I know these are questions that I should be asking the doctor but being that I wont see him for a week figured I'd see if anyone on here has an idea. Also, the most important question. How soon till I can drive a stick shift?? I just bought a coupe, and it's sitting in Indiana still....:(

Pitbull1052
02-26-2010, 08:40 AM
so how did you know you had a problem? I've had a shoulder issue for sometime now and might need the same thing one day

'92Stang
02-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I actually felt it tear when it happened. Theres a buttload of symtoms though, one being not being able to raise my arm past shoulder height, couldn't sleep on my side, not even being able to raise my arm with the remote in my hand without a stabbing pain in my shoulder....etc..etc...good luck man.

Johnson1134
02-26-2010, 09:25 AM
i just had the same surgery 3 weeks ago. it took me a SOLID week to get back to 50%.i now feel better but shoulder is still very sore i only had 4 incisions.dont do ANYTHING for the 1st week till u see the doctor they wanted me to keep the sling on for the first week also.i have therapy 3x a week for 4 weeks.i am kinda nervous cause my shoulder still dont feel right,but they assured me ill be 110% in 2 months???good luck man.

k062693w
02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
My 67 year old mother had it done last year, And it took about 6-8 weeks to get back to normal ... So you should be good to go in 8-12 weeks !!! LMFAO

I hope you get to feeling better !!!
Semper Fi

Pitbull1052
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
mine really grinds when I rotate it, it pretty much kills me most of the time my girl seems to think it's seperated so who knows it's not to the point to where I can't move it but I can see it getting there

Pitbull1052
02-26-2010, 09:58 AM
good luck bro and get better

Johnson1134
02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
mine really grinds when I rotate it, it pretty much kills me most of the time my girl seems to think it's seperated so who knows it's not to the point to where I can't move it but I can see it getting there

U have bone spurs that need removed.mine was grinding popping cracking all in 1 motion.lol.

95redstang
02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
i had a torn labrum and rotator cuff from pitching. i had the surgery back in 1998...i have a scar on the front, back, and side of my right shoulder.. i had to wear the sling for 2 days. i was rehabbing on the 3rd day..rehab lasted about 2 months 3 days a week. i couldnt throw a baseball for about 6 months. took about a year to get backto throwing full speed.. i still drove my mustang.. just held the wheel with my right hand and shifted with my left.. its a pretty common surgery.

95redstang
02-26-2010, 01:29 PM

that may be your ball and socket in your shoulder rubbing. they can shave that down or go through a little therapy. they can get some seperation in there with some therapy. i learned a ton with my surgery. hell i read so much about it i could have performed the surgery..jk...

Pitbull1052
02-26-2010, 01:35 PM
that may be your ball and socket in your shoulder rubbing. they can shave that down or go through a little therapy. they can get some seperation in there with some therapy. i learned a ton with my surgery. hell i read so much about it i could have performed the surgery..jk...

I should just have you do the surgery then.... lol I know i've been putting off having it done i'm almost afraid of what they'll find in there..

'92Stang
02-26-2010, 02:05 PM
My 67 year old mother had it done last year, And it took about 6-8 weeks to get back to normal ... So you should be good to go in 8-12 weeks !!! LMFAO

I hope you get to feeling better !!!
Semper Fi
Lol thanks Aaron, and Semper Fi back at you brother. The funny part is, after getting to therapy and going through his paperwork he had me take with me. It said 8-12 weeks in a sling...lol

i had a torn labrum and rotator cuff from pitching. i had the surgery back in 1998...i have a scar on the front, back, and side of my right shoulder.. i had to wear the sling for 2 days. i was rehabbing on the 3rd day..rehab lasted about 2 months 3 days a week. i couldnt throw a baseball for about 6 months. took about a year to get backto throwing full speed.. i still drove my mustang.. just held the wheel with my right hand and shifted with my left.. its a pretty common surgery.
Yea, I had impingment syndrome. So they did a subcromial decompression ( shaved some bone), and had to anchor one tendon with some metal hook, and put a couple stitches in another tendon. Therapist said I'd be in a sling for at least 4 weeks to keep the shoulder from dislocating. I still might try shifting with the left hand..:D

Stangman
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Thats what you get for not using lube man!! :lol: J/K

Shit I've shifted with the left hand while using the right hand to talk on the cell phone... it aint no thang!

You wanna go get that coupe this weekend? I'd surely drive it back for you sunday :bigthumb

'92Stang
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I might take you up on that offer Jesse, if my buddy and his trailer fall through. After all I have the resident maestro of the spray gun waiting in the wings for the coupe...:cool1:

Stangman
02-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I might take you up on that offer Jesse, if my buddy and his trailer fall through. After all I have the resident maestro of the spray gun waiting in the wings for the coupe...:cool1:

Uhh Ohh... what kinda plans you got for that bad boy?

'92Stang
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Something in a nice pastel, or possibly hot pink.....not...lol. Really not sure yet?? Just trying to find different color charts online suck!!

Stangman
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Something in a nice pastel, or possibly hot pink.....not...lol. Really not sure yet?? Just trying to find different color charts online suck!!

i've got a few real nice color sample pamplets from Ford... I'll bring em by sometime

sean
02-26-2010, 03:57 PM

I say let the little one help in the color picking. You could always get it painted the same color as my miata....... I think its called homoblue.

'92Stang
02-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I say let the little one help in the color picking. You could always get it painted the same color as my miata....... I think its called homoblue.
Not sure if you realized it , or not Sean. But, apparently while you were getting your tripod set up for your photo shoot, some low rent shot your car with what appears to be a shotgun slug (behind the passenger door), and also made off with your rear wheel.......I like your matching jack stands btw..:coo1:

sean
02-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Ha ha. Yea got to match. That was so I wouldnt notice the rear suspention and sub frame were gone. I havent figured out that hole yet.

Kevin1989
02-26-2010, 08:25 PM
how longs that hole been there?????

sean
02-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Came with the car