Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
gun ammo [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : gun ammo

stang5slow
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
probably sure people have gone over this befor but is there any web site you guys can suggest that sells ammo at a decent price, best ive seen yet (store) was target world, they wanted 15 bucks for box of 50 rounds for my 9mm, bass pro online wants 40 for 50 rounds, guess 15 bucks is the best i can find? or does someone sell boxes of like 250 rounds or more pretty good price?

Blackballed
02-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Try Wally World. My local Wal-Mart has had ammo for the past few months.

2Kblacksleeper
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Aim surplus.

Shooters supply in loveland

Hunters den in Amelia.

All are way better choices than the ass hats at target world.

John

BigBadStang
02-22-2010, 10:04 PM
TW is the LAST place I would buy ammo. They are high for sure. Ammo is a funny business right now, and finding it at a fair price can be difficult. Believe it or not, if you can catch the stuff when it comes in, WalMart has very hard to beat ammo prices. BUT the trick is getting/being there when it hits the shelf, because usually it's all gone within a few hours. Dick's also has decent prices when they run it ON SALE, just keep an eye out. How much shooting do you do? If you shoot more than a few boxes a month consistently, you would further ahead to invest in the reloading equipment and supplies. I ponied up years ago and have never looked back. Not only do I have a very ample supply of ammo, I don't have to fight people in the aisles to get it, and I save a shit ton of money doing it myself.

stang5slow
02-22-2010, 10:31 PM
well, i usually go shooting about once a weekend to once every other week, an i usually throw out 200-400 rounds a set, i just got home from TW an i shot 225 in a hour, but it was only 15 a box for 50 rounds, i just did some internet research and found some 1000 rounds for around 250

stang5slow
02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Try Wally World. My local Wal-Mart has had ammo for the past few months.

i checked the wally world down by me (by rumpke) an they were sold out of everything accept 12 guage ammo

Xowner
02-22-2010, 11:12 PM
i will sell you 50rd boxes of blazer brass for 12 bucks a box i bought a whole case to get that price when it was crazy and now i dont need it all, let me know

redfirepearlgt
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
You think that's bad try finding 357 rounds. I looked to three Walmarts and two gun shops last Spring (SW indiana)before I fianlly found two boxes of Remington rounds in a hardware store in Loogootee, IN. Paid 28.00 a box and bought their last two boxes. People are buying up in hoards for fear of what may come to pass in the near future. I haven't looked sonce then and haven't done any shooting for fear it will be even harder to find 357 rounds in Cincinnati.

BigBadStang
02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
You think that's bad try finding 357 rounds. I looked to three Walmarts and two gun shops last Spring (SW indiana)before I fianlly found two boxes of Remington rounds in a hardware store in Loogootee, IN. Paid 28.00 a box and bought their last two boxes. People are buying up in hoards for fear of what may come to pass in the near future. I haven't looked sonce then and haven't done any shooting for fear it will be even harder to find 357 rounds in Cincinnati.

It's a struggle right now to find anything on the shelves other than .40 cal.

Another thing about TW that pisses me off, is that they get shitty with you for collecting your OWN brass. Fuck them, they came from my firearm, I'm taking them home! They aren't keeping my brass to sell!

stang5slow
02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
It's a struggle right now to find anything on the shelves other than .40 cal.

Another thing about TW that pisses me off, is that they get shitty with you for collecting your OWN brass. Fuck them, they came from my firearm, I'm taking them home! They aren't keeping my brass to sell!

haha ya, i didnt really care, since i bought the ammo from them, i left the casings there, but i had called around many places an target world was cheapest at 15 bucks for 50 rounds, ive found a few places online for 260 bucks for 1000 rounds, i may go that route, TW gets expensive in the long run, so i may shoot out in the woods behind my house, free to make my own range lol

ibstrokin
02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Natchezss.com, midwayusa.com, championsshootersupply.com, cheaperthandirt.com

DeckerEnt
02-23-2010, 12:33 AM
I am headed to knob creek for the spring shoot. I get cell service downthere. i can usualllyfind good prices on ammo. I would be more than happy to pick some up for everyone. Let me know what you need and I will call with what I find. It is usually in april 2010.

Pops Fun
02-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Search engine finds your ammo!!

http://ammoseek.com/

one90gt
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
i picked up a box of 100 9mm from wallyworld on saturday for 21 bucks.
also a box of 100 40cal for 31 dollars.
pretty good prices if you ask me.

306Power
02-23-2010, 11:41 AM

Those are some good prices, last time I bought ammo a few months ago it was 23 bucks for 50 40 Cal and 22 bucks for 20 30-06. That was at Shooters probably not the best place but couldn't find it anywhere else.

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 12:24 PM

ya they have good prices, but they were sold out when i went, i need to find out what days they get there shipments in so i can be standing there when they throw it on shelves, what brands do they carry? i shot last night with Blazer Brass, an had 4 mis fires out of 200 rounds, sucks if you ask me

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 12:29 PM
found some wolfs on ammoseek for 204 for 1000 rounds or 194 member price, thats pretty good, there FMJ's 115 gr

facemelter71
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I just reload all my own .223 and 40.Just getting into the 40 though.I dont have everything yet.But it is WAY cheaper than buying from store.

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
ya well at the moment i dont have the cash to throw down for reloading supplies, an i never done that befor, would need someone to teach me lol

facemelter71
02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Your initial investment is high.But once its up and running and all your buying is powder,primers and lead.Your saving alot.

Mista Bone
02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I've ordered from http://www.ammunitiontogo.com without issues before.

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Your initial investment is high.But once its up and running and all your buying is powder,primers and lead.Your saving alot.

ya i heard, im gonna invest someday, but in the mean time i gotta buy the bullets lol, i always say i wont shoot much, but once you start, you dont wanna stop

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
I've ordered from http://www.ammunitiontogo.com without issues before.

wow, i like this place mista bone, thanks for this link, i havent found this one till now, huge selection of shit, you trust this company?

Mista Bone
02-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Bought 400 rounds of 40 S&W from them, got the link from another shooter on Cincy Speed, ordered back during the "bum rush" when everything was hard to find.

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
i know lol, still not the best time to look for ammunition, i did find a place with 1000 rounds, 125gr for 150 bucks

Black92LX
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
ya well at the moment i dont have the cash to throw down for reloading supplies, an i never done that befor, would need someone to teach me lol

For the same price of a case of Good .223 you can have pretty much everything you need.

http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-Classic-Kit/
Kit sells for about $350 just need dies for your caliber, brass, primers, powder and bullets.
Hornady currently has a free box of bullets with the purchase of that kit.

I'll be picking one up here soon.

As for ammo

www.aimsurplus.com is great and they are located in Middletown so no shipping if you go pick it up.

Also Wal-Mart can't be beat. I just see what they have every time I am there and pick up a box of two of whatever they may have at the time.

www.palmettostatearmory.com
I have not ordered ammo from them yet but just bought my lower build kit from them and shipping was quick.
Most likely the same with ammo. They have pretty good prices and availability.

http://www.wideners.com/

stang5slow
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
For the same price of a case of Good .223 you can have pretty much everything you need.

http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-Classic-Kit/
Kit sells for about $350 just need dies for your caliber, brass, primers, powder and bullets.
Hornady currently has a free box of bullets with the purchase of that kit.

I'll be picking one up here soon.

As for ammo

www.aimsurplus.com is great and they are located in Middletown so no shipping if you go pick it up.

Also Wal-Mart can't be beat. I just see what they have every time I am there and pick up a box of two of whatever they may have at the time.

www.palmettostatearmory.com
I have not ordered ammo from them yet but just bought my lower build kit from them and shipping was quick.
Most likely the same with ammo. They have pretty good prices and availability.

http://www.wideners.com/

dam, 369.99 for 3000 rounds an 325.00 for 2500 rounds

stang5slow
02-25-2010, 10:23 PM
hey can anyone tell me where any other target ranges are around town?

Mista Bone
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
For rifle, if you are not a member, nothing close.

Shooters Supply in KY or Spring Valley north of Waynesville

stang5slow
02-26-2010, 12:22 PM
o ok thanks, not shooting a rifle, just a handgun im going to teash my mom how to shoot a gun :() thats why i been looking for ammo for a 9mm, shes gonna learn on that, im using the .40,i just got a 9, .40 a 20 guage and a civilian M4 carbine

IWRBB
03-04-2010, 08:33 AM
www.gun-deals.com

Click on Ammo, pick your caliber, put in your zip code for shipping costs, then click on the CPR column to sort it by cents per round.