Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Google Chrome reviews? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome reviews?

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Has anyone tried out Google Chrome? Anyone know of any pros and cons? I've been a Firefox faithful ever since it came out, but for some reason i am having some serious issues with it anymore. I can't post on some forums, videos rarely load, some pages hang up and time out. I can't seem to figure out why. What's really strange is that if i uninstall FF and go back and install an older version like 2.0, everything works fine except that most of the internet won't work because they want you to have an up to date browser....but i can post on forums and videos load fine. My GF hates it because Myspace/Facebook won't work on the older versions...so i update to the latest FF and none of my stuff works. I have no idea why...all my plugins are up to date.

So i downloaded and installed Google Chrome...i'm on it right now. Everything is fast as hell and everything loads and works. I can post on forums, You Tube videos load fine. What's my problem?

After being on Chrome for about 15 minutes now...i am shocked how fast it is. I'm on the slow ass Cricket broadband, and it's almost like i'm back on Roadrunner (except videos still don't load that fast of course) but pages load up almost instantly which is significant for how slow my connection is. There's gotta be some kind of catch to this.

bobtsgt
02-17-2010, 05:36 AM
I had Firefox for years. Then switched to Google. It is very nice. Almost like Operamini for blackberry. I like the lay out and the speed to load. Plus the download bar is pretty handy as well as the more screen you get without all that extra crap. I give it a A+

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-17-2010, 05:50 AM
There's an addon for FF that's been out a long time that changes the download window into a status bar at the bottom. I think Google may have stolen that idea. I do like how bare the top of the browser is.

Mista Bone
02-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Chrome on my desktop and laptop.

Sometimes you will have to go back to IE since not everyone supports Safari/Chrome

Paul408Notch
02-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Chrome is the primary browser on all three computers in out house, and has been for at least a year. The only time I open IE is on the extremely rare occasion a site won't work unless yo9u're using IE.

Gene
02-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I've been using Chrome exclusively since it launched.

One of the cool things with Chrome is the size of the developer community for it. There are a ton of really cool extensions available.

Yellow98Cobra
02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I love Google chrome. IE what?????

Markcore
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Google Chrome FTW!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never go back to IE.