Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Deadliest Catch Phil Harris Dies [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Phil Harris Dies

mustanger
02-12-2010, 07:58 PM
If anyone has ever watched the show they will know Phil Harris, the captain of the Corrneila Marie, he died of a massive stroke from what I've read. That show isn't going to be the same without him, he was one of my favorites to watch :(

ashnic
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
He was my favorite as well..didn't take no crap...run a tight boat but still liked to have fun...

k062693w
02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Damn !!! That SUCKS !!!

ADaughen
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Sad times. :(

plated
02-12-2010, 08:15 PM
it happend while they were filming to:( chainsmokin to i'm sure didn't help

NXcoupe
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Wasn't he the one that had to be taken into the hospital on one of the episodes? Had his sons on the boat? Or am I thinking of someone else?

plated
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Wasn't he the one that had to be taken into the hospital on one of the episodes? Had his sons on the boat? Or am I thinking of someone else?
you got the right guy ,gotta be hard on the boys

sean
02-12-2010, 09:38 PM
He reminded me of a budd I had a while ago. He was a cool cat.

ADaughen
02-13-2010, 06:41 AM

Yeah, two seasons ago, he had hacked up a blood clot from in his lung. Spent the rest of the season in the hospital. Both of his sons were on the boat with him.

IIRC, last season he spent his time on shore, in radio contact with the boat.

draggin50
02-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Damn that sucks. He was my favorite as well.

NXcoupe
02-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks, yeah, he was one of my favorites too. Man he could smoke some cigarettes too. I remember that episode where they had to go to the hospital and such. Well, it's a sad day. I am sure his family is taking it hard.

2007ShelbyCobra
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
RIP, I was about to make this same thread after I heard :(

redfirepearlgt
02-14-2010, 08:28 PM
My wife called and told me about this while I was on the road last week. We watch this show religiously. Cap'n Phil and his boys and the crew of the Cornelia Marie made that show in our opinion. THankfully the Hillstrands will still be there as well and they are a close seond. I know we're ate up. LOL! We look forward to seeing the final season with Cap'n Phil knowing it will be a tough one to sit through.

blown86lx
02-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Did anyone see the episode where they showed that he smoked like 2 cartons of cigarettes and drank like 60 redbulls in 5 days or something crazy like that. His oldest son was the one who was keeping track if im not mistaken.

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Did anyone see the episode where they showed that he smoked like 2 cartons of cigarettes and drank like 60 redbulls in 5 days or something crazy like that. His oldest son was the one who was keeping track if im not mistaken.

Oh, yeah. That was the same season he had the blood clot. The guy never slept and hardly ever ate. It was all about the money. Reminds my of my father before he finally retired. Worked 12+hrs. a day X 7 days a week literally. I went to take Dad out to breakfast one Father's Day years ago, the day after he had come home from the hospital for kidney stone laser surgery. He was nowhere to be found at the house. He went in to work with a catheter (spelling) still up inside him!! He was about 55 then. He's 67 now and has health issues of an 80 year old. Sorry, but the money just ain't worth it in the end.

mustanger
02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh, yeah. That was the same season he had the blood clot. The guy never slept and hardly ever ate. It was all about the money. Reminds my of my father before he finally retired. Worked 12+hrs. a day X 7 days a week literally. I went to take Dad out to breakfast one Father's Day years ago, the day after he had come home from the hospital for kidney stone laser surgery. He was nowhere to be found at the house. He went in to work with a catheter (spelling) still up inside him!! He was about 55 then. He's 67 now and has health issues of an 80 year old. Sorry, but the money just ain't worth it in the end.

You said it perfect....but some people live and die by the ol mighty greenback.
It will be hard to watch the final season like you said...just knowing what's coming will be hard to grasp.
Wasn't he pretty close to Sig and the Northwestern?

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
You said it perfect....but some people live and die by the ol mighty greenback.
It will be hard to watch the final season like you said...just knowing what's coming will be hard to grasp.
Wasn't he pretty close to Sig and the Northwestern?

I think all of those guys are close with maybe the exception of the Captain of the Wizzard. I never really got to good a read on that guy other than he seems to be a micro-managing twit. Sig and his crew are also out of the Seattle area if memory serves me correctly so you are likely right with respect to that statement IMO. Either way those guys have a tough, tough job and losing a close friend only adds to the stress and deppresion that sets in when you are at sea for months at a time. I was up there in a storm on an aircraft carrier in October 1986. My boat was a 1080 ft vessel with a 7+ acre flight deck and a crew of 5000 men supporting 88 aircraft and with all that ballast and mass the ride was spooky with 45-50+ foot swells. These guys are doing it in dingy sail boats in size comparison to what I sailed up there on.

KYGTP
02-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, sad times for sure, but he was in pretty bad health the last two seasons. Sorry to see the guy go, but when you live the life style like he did, it was bound to happen.:( He was one of my favorites though, I have been watching since the show first aired and will continue to watch this year.

He will be missed............RIP