Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Avis car rental blows [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Avis car rental blows

thecollector
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
After my experience at bradley airport in ct. today I will never again rent from avis. Here's the synopsis:
I was given a car with the tpms light on.
The cig lighter didn't work (i couldn't charge my phone).
When I get to my hotel the master tire alarm proceeds to throw a fit.
I call, they say they'll send someone but never do.
Then smack me with a 103.84 tab for 20 hrs.
I was unable to haggle the bill since I did not have my contract with me and had to catch a flight in 35 minutes(which is now delayed).

I fly and rent cars all over and this was by far the shaddyist experience I've ever had.

I had a 2dr nissan not a Shelby GT350H.

I will walk to another rental company before getting an avis car again.

87stangbbb
02-05-2010, 04:47 PM
i hope you still ran the shit out of that bitch

DeckerEnt
02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Neutral drops for the win!!!!!!

chris91
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Thats ridiculous!! When the wifey totaled her car we were only playing like $35 a day through Enterprise for a 2010 Impala.

ADaughen
02-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Wow... whenever I have rented a car, they have always done an inspection before handing the keys over. That wouldn't have caught the issue with the cig lighter (probably a blown fuse or short due to an earlier customer), but it would have parked the car for the TPMS issue.

I usually go through Enterprise or Hertz though.

Nothing like 1800 miles in 22hrs to make the check-in person give you a WTF face. ;)

foxbodyfan
02-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Minimum 82mph without stops for 22hrs will do that lol

ADaughen
02-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Minimum 82mph without stops for 22hrs will do that lol

Piqua, OH - Pensacola, FL - Piqua, OH

Five stops for fuel and energy drinks. One stop to kick my sister out at college. :bigthumb Turn around and haul ass to get back to work the next day. Co-drivers are the bomb!

Total Travel Estimate: 12 hours 41 minutes / 795.11 miles (one way)

redfirepearlgt
02-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Thats ridiculous!! When the wifey totaled her car we were only playing like $35 a day through Enterprise for a 2010 Impala.

FYI - Insurance rental rates are negotiated and are therefore much cheaper than standard or corporate rental rates.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I have flown in and out of Bradley as well, but never had that problem (yet). I have however gone to return to Bradley and in a twist clicked the wrong airport (Hartford-Brainard), a freight air terminal, which almost made me miss my flight.

Enterprise did stick me with an Impala once in which they utilized watered down washer fluid to save money. Of course I got the car on a day like today (5 inches of fresh and counting) but with a windchill of -15, and had to drive it 3 hours to my destination which ended up taking 6 hours due to the washer botttle freezing up. I was pulling over every 15 minutes to clear the windshield and they did nothing about it when I called. No offer to turn it in lcoally where I was and get another car or anything. I threatened to return it parked on the winches desktop which only created more problems out of my favor. THEY SUCK!!!

My company makes me use Avis though I prefer Budget and can get a better price on a Ford vehicle there. I stay away from Hertz due to their platinum pricing. They are for the entitlement elite corporate kind.

Loco07GT
02-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad experience with Avis......I rent through Avis every time I rent a car and have never had a bad experience. This year alone I probably rented about 15-18 cars (domestic & international) from Avis. I use their "Preferred" service and its well worth it, especially since its free. I always take a minute and check the car over before I pull out of the rental car lot, and if there are any issues with the car I make sure they give me another vehicle or fix the issue with the original car. Hopefully you have better luck with them in the future, if you decide to give them another shot.

may93
02-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Used a rental car in Las Vegas last spring and it was fairly cheap. I waived their insurance though as it would have doubled the price. I figured if I have a accident then my insurance can pay to fix it. I did do my own inspection though and their tech just verified my findings. I wrote down any and all defects I could find. If theirs a dent that you dont catch and note they will charge you for it when you return it.

ADaughen
02-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Used a rental car in Las Vegas last spring and it was fairly cheap. I waived their insurance though as it would have doubled the price.

"I always get the insurance, because that car is going to get more air than a skateboard at the X-Games" - Jeff Foxworthy

:bigthumb

Waffles
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I used to travel about 25 days out of 30. We used Avis and I hated them. It was ALWAYS a problem. Either they didn't have the right car (we carried a lot of equipment so we couldn't use a sub-compact) or sometimes didn't have a car at all. Occasionally they didn't have our reservations. We rarely had actual car problems, it was always with customer service.

mustang8998
02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Piqua, OH - Pensacola, FL - Piqua, OH

Five stops for fuel and energy drinks. One stop to kick my sister out at college. :bigthumb Turn around and haul ass to get back to work the next day. Co-drivers are the bomb!

Total Travel Estimate: 12 hours 41 minutes / 795.11 miles (one way)

Child's play!

Try Elkmont, Al. to El Paso Tx., on a regular basis.

1300 miles, 21 hours. Not all Interstate, either.

Load in Elkmont, unload/reload in El Paso the next day and be back in Elkmont, on the third day (early).

Oh BTW, that was done solo, in a tractor/trailer! ;)