Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Taking a break/slowing down the powdercoating [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break/slowing down the powdercoating

mustangboy
02-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Everyone here pretty much knows I'm a stay at home dad and having three kids all active in sports/dance keeps me very busy. Well the coating has taken off way quicker than I anticipated or really even wanted and it is beginning to make being a good dad very difficult. On top of that my wife is back in school which has made my job even harder. So as of right now I'm not quitting on the coating but just slowing things down a bit. I always try to get parts turned around in a matter of a day or two and that may have to change. Things may take a little longer and I will not be taking on so much work at a time. If you want work done feel free to still contact me but just be aware that turn around time may be a little longer than what it has been. Right now being available for my kids is just more important. Thanks guys for the opportunity to work on some really cool stuff and I look forward to continuing to do so just at a little slower pace.

plated
02-01-2010, 09:29 AM
looks like i need to get me some powder coating gear,and take on the stress:confused: i feel ya man take it easy if that what you feel the need to do,i did for a bout a year it was well worth it feel soooo much better today i ran my self to exhuastion

mustangboy
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
That is part of it. Right now one of the few times I have to work is after everyone has gone to bed. So I'll work in the garage till 1-2 in the morning and then back up at 7:00 to get the kids ready. It gets a little exhausting after a while. My youngest starts kindergarten this coming school year so I will have free mornings 5 days a week so things will become a whole lot easier.

bestracing
02-01-2010, 09:47 AM
You have to take care of yourself and it's totally understandable. Hope it all works out for you.

DeckerEnt
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
No problem. Kids come first always. Before you know it, they will be asking to get stuff coated for their own cars.

cobra429boss
02-01-2010, 10:03 AM
plated sit down LOL.. Im looking into the powder coating business.. I need some good income and im sure it pays well

mustangboy
02-01-2010, 10:09 AM
No problem. Kids come first always. Before you know it, they will be asking to get stuff coated for their own cars

My son already is begging me to coat stuff on his 4 wheeler.

plated sit down LOL.. Im looking into the powder coating business.. I need some good income and im sure it pays well

You can make some decent money but your intitial investment can get a little pricey. I spent around $10k last year just in equipment and supplies and I would still like to buy a bigger blast cabinet which would be another $1500.

relaxednoma
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Totally understandable Kenny, I will still certainly bring you things to get coated!

PONYGRL
02-01-2010, 10:48 AM
They're a handful, that's for sure. I'm sure it'll be easier once they are all in school but at least you have your priorities straight :bigthumb

306Power
02-01-2010, 11:09 AM
but at least you have your priorities straight :bigthumb

Exactaly, sounds like you really know what should come first. Powdercoating will always be there but watching your kids grow up wont be.

Stangman
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Oh man!! I was getting ready to load up the bed of the pickup truck and head down there!! :lol: J/K!!

Do what you gotta do man... I never expect things do be done in a hurry anyway. Family comes first. :)

bestracing
02-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I would still like to buy a bigger blast cabinet which would be another $1500.
Have to ask yourself, have you turned away $1500+ worth of business because you don't have that cabinet or are you loosing time that would be worth $1500 cleaning up from not having a cabinet. ;)

pegasus
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
i knew i should have gotten thoes wheels to u sooner

hey labour laws be dammed get them kids to work

MrsAPE
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Kid's always come first. Since your slowing down, maybe I can catch up and actually make those cookies you've been promised frickin years ago!! lol

03z06vette
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
if i were u id hire someone and sit back and count the cash!!

95redstang
02-03-2010, 06:06 PM
i call bs... we still have more parts for you to powdercoat. no rest till we get the rest of my parts powdercoated...

mustangboy
02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm not quitting just trying not to go at such a frantic pace. Don't forget we have Ricks to do as well

95redstang
02-03-2010, 06:32 PM
i know dude just giving you some $hit. hell rick will most likely powdercoat everything like we did on mine.. i only have a few things left.. i will be calling in a few weeks once i get back in town

mustangboy
02-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I hope your coming back with that big wad of moola my prices have gone up considerably. Ha ha

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Don't sweat it man...kids should come first, i think we all understand that. You still want my intake and valve covers tonight?