Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Stig takes his helmet off.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Stig takes his helmet off....

04 Venom
01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Watched tonight's episode of Top Gear. The Stig took his helmet off and he is.................................. Michael Schmacher.

Gene
01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Old news. :)

The "New Season" on BBCA is actually last season from the BBC that aired about six months ago. For some reason we don't get the show in real time, which is kind of stupid since a large percentage of American Top Gear junkies already watched it on Bittorent a few hours after it originally aired in the UK.

That being said, tonight's episode is great, and I'm still DVRing it because I want to watch it in HD. :)

quik lx
01-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I have it DVR'd, cant wait to watch!!!!!

Carl
01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah, sucks being caught up to 'real time'...

INSANEBA
01-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Holy Shit! I havent seen that show in quite a while, but always wondered who that bad ass drivin masked man was... That explains alot...

Evil_Capri
01-26-2010, 07:01 AM
I purposely try to avoid current (on BBC) episodes/segments on youtube.com (most of the time!) and finalgear.com to watch the "new" Top Gear seasons on BBC America HD.

And Mr. Schumacher isn't the only Stig! Different drivers seem to morph into The Stig every so often!

rush88GT
01-26-2010, 07:07 AM
I purposely try to avoid current (on BBC) episodes/segments on youtube.com (most of the time!) and finalgear.com to watch the "new" Top Gear seasons on BBC America HD.

And Mr. Schumacher isn't the only Stig! Different drivers seem to morph into The Stig every so often!

I was waiting for someone else to walk in dressed as the Stig

Stangman
01-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Thats pretty cool though... always wondered.

Aweasel
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2009/jun/22/stig-michael-schumacher

"It was a tongue-in-cheek piece which wasn't meant to be taken seriously," one source said. "The Stig is merely a character."

According to sources, there is no one person who is the Stig, but up to six drivers who take it in turns.

chadomac
01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
thought you were going to say it was beefcake:lol:

04 Venom
01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Beef would never fit in that driving suit. :D

Evil_Capri
01-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Stig has many relatives . . . . including American Stig . .

The Stig's American cousin. He's known in our family as "Big Stig".
http://the-stig.info/1_images/The-Stigs-American-Cousin-Big-Stig.jpg

I also like 'Rig Stig' with his sun-tanned arm . . .
http://the-stig.info/1_images/Rig-Stig.jpg

bbfstanger
01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
i think thats about the best auto related shows out there.
there was another stig before schumaker i believe,think he was an old rally driver.
i love those exoctics like the zonda's ,looks like theyre goin 200 sittin still.

Aweasel
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
a guy named Stig Blomqvist is an actual rally driver, back from the old group b days when they were nuts, cars that would out accelerate F1 cars from the time.....on gravel

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Group B was probably some of the gnarliest racing the world has ever seen. Too bad so many people got killed back then.

I've always been of the opinion that it was several people. The whole purpose of having a masked driver is so they can't say "well this driver isn't as good as this driver and that's why this lap was slower".