Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any one do any porting? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any one do any porting?

chadomac
01-24-2010, 08:09 AM
I live on the east side and got a exploder upper and lower i want to port but never have done it before. any one live out this way that would like to give me a hand and show me how so i dont fuck it up?

chadomac
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
no one wow

zlou363lx
01-26-2010, 12:39 PM
get good porting bits and find pictures online to give you an idea as to what it should look like. that's how i learned.

Gearhead
01-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Check out T Moss's porting website. The upper probably doesn't need to be ported. The lower's are the restriction on Explorers/Cobras/Gt40 intakes.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/IntakePorting.pdf

Katmandu
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
I live on the east side and got a exploder upper and lower i want to port but never have done it before. Actually Chard, there is a dude on www.Corral.net and www.StangNet that does this.

Search for Member TMOSS. Dude's name is Tom Moss out of St.Louis.

http://tmossporting.0catch.com/

I bought one of his ported stock 5.0 intakes and was very pleased with the results.

Katmandu
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Here's a DIY guide on Intake porting written by Tom Moss.

95redstang
01-27-2010, 12:38 AM
try ricky(331twistedwedge)... he is top notch

duststang
01-27-2010, 08:07 AM
that is good info. I was going to port mine also.

chadomac
01-27-2010, 10:38 AM
that is good info. I was going to port mine also.

we could f them up together?

Katmandu
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
we could f them up together?Did you read this article I posted ??

331TwistedWedge
01-27-2010, 07:45 PM
my porting days are over ... after you do a set of heads / intake, you need a year or 2 break ...

its ball busting stuff guys, so remember that when you start ~ you have to finish ... better have lots of time on your hands, a good compressor that can keep up, $150 in porting bits and an abrasive kit ... you need a die grinder too ... this is why people pay $600+ to have heads done ... not to mention it takes alot of knowledge to tackle them ... one port in the wrong spot, you can kill flow #'s ... porting isnt about hogging them out larger, its about fixing pinch points and getting faster air flow ...

read, read, read and read some more before tackling them ... dont just read the diy porting article, they are leaving a lot of factors out ...

once you get them ported, you should mill them too ($75) ... you should upgrade the springs and do a valve job, since you've went this far ($140+ depending on what you buy) ...

just things to think about ...

cobra429boss
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
all you need is the right bits and a good dremel and lots of time , def have to make sure you have the right bit for the matrerial you are going to do.. Like you dont want to use the same bit on aluminum intake that you would use on a set of cast iron heads ... goodluck

duststang
01-28-2010, 07:37 AM
we could f them up together?

yeah, lets test on yours first LOL.

chadomac
01-28-2010, 07:39 AM
ummmm im a :chicken:

331TwistedWedge
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
ummmm im a :chicken:

you can attend the Meyers School of Porting & Air Flow Research, its down in kentucky ... i took a few classes there myself ...

you will leave there understanding venturi effects, pinch points, valve shrouding, milling, massage points, blending, lapping, full valve jobs, angle valve jobs and the whole nine yards ...

if you have the extra time, you wont regret it :bigthumb

chadomac
01-29-2010, 07:08 AM
hmm might have to check that out.

duststang
01-29-2010, 08:16 AM
you can attend the Meyers School of Porting & Air Flow Research, its down in kentucky ... i took a few classes there myself ...

you will leave there understanding venturi effects, pinch points, valve shrouding, milling, massage points, blending, lapping, full valve jobs, angle valve jobs and the whole nine yards ...

if you have the extra time, you wont regret it :bigthumb

sounds good. I bet cost a lot?

kennebellcobra
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
you can attend the Meyers School of Porting & Air Flow Research

:lol::lol::lol::lol::dork:

Stangman
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
After whoevers done taking their time off... do my P-heads and intake :lol:

Share the wealth hahaha