Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Issues with co-workers or higher... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Issues with co-workers or higher...

Markcore
01-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm sure just about everyone here has had to work with someone that they just don't get alone with. Either a co-worker, boss, or regular client. I want to hear how you cope, or have coped with that situation.

Why I ask...

I currently work with a guy that is just flat out hateful. Not just towards me, but to everyone and in any circumstance. IE, say he's working with something and it's just not going smoothly... He starts cussing, GD this, GD that, this MF'r and slams things down, basically a tantrum! Always points out the bad or negative sides of things, and if it's not his way, it's WRONG.
Now I know he hates his wife. Is about 100lbs over weight. And makes about $20k short of what anyone else would make with his experience. Does that make it ok to ruin my work life too?

When I feel like I just want to punch this fat bastard in the face, I think about people like my grandfather who worked at his job for 30 years! Same job, 30 years! I know he had to deal with is fair share of assholes, so that kinda helps me suck it up. But I'm wearing that motivation thin and need something new! haha.

So... How do/have you guys dealt with this?

Gene
01-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Just tell him that you really don't care about what he's bitching about. Unless he has supervisory power over you, there's really no need to be nice to him.

When he's running around bitching, a simple "Dude, chill the fuck out. I'm trying to work here" gets the point across pretty easily.

If it's a boss, you deal or find a better job, if it's a client, fire the client and find a new one. It's that simple.

Pitbull1052
01-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I deal with this alot!!!!!!!! biggest thing is to kill him with kindness.... I know I know I hate that answer but it works it really does, and if that doesnt work go talk to your boss be respectful and just tell him how this guy is jacking up everyone's day and making it a poor work environment........ and I think about that all the time the working some place for 30 years....... god I can't even imagine in this day and age, I mean I work for Bell and I see the strangest things seems like the guys who bust their butts, take on extra duties, are always positive and try to contribute are the one's who are getting laid off or fired while the one's who slack keep their jobs or get a promotion I truely don't get it.........

Pitbull1052
01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
either way chin up and don't let this guy ruin your work day or a positive attitude

MsBlkramair
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I have a co-worker exactly like this! I usually roll my eyes and try to forget it. But once in awhile I will chime in with "wow, way to be a team player!" or "that wasn't how it's supposed to get done? Then you taught us all how to do it incorrectly becasue you trained us." Little comments like that shut her up quickly. When I have had enough, my director gets a lenghty email. She got her ass handed to her on eval day.

firestang70
01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I would walk around him and talk to yourself quietly. Say things like mother I don't want to hurt him. He doesnt deserve to be buried like Daddy. Throw yourself to the floor and grab your head in pain. Stand back up like nothing happened. Then ask him to go to lunch with you. Works for me....

04 Venom
01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I would walk around him and talk to yourself quietly. Say things like mother I don't want to hurt him. He doesnt deserve to be buried like Daddy. Throw yourself to the floor and grab your head in pain. Stand back up like nothing happened. Then ask him to go to lunch with you. Works for me....

:lol:

Mista Bone
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Super Glue a few quarters to the floor or to his toolbox.

This will keep him busy trying to pry them up.

Also put this up.....

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/5/128783576945897228.jpg

87stangbbb
01-23-2010, 12:41 AM
i remember one of my buddy's at work glueing change to the floor then we would stand back and laugh our asses off wathing people trying to pick it up

306Power
01-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Ha we use to do that in high school, tape a dollar bill to a clear string flip it over and watch as people grab for it in class and pull it as they did. Ranks up there with zip tying people to the desk if they fell asleep.

Kevin1989
01-23-2010, 01:58 AM
i have 2 words.... POO DOLLAR see if that improves his mood

Aweasel
01-23-2010, 12:52 PM
seems like the guys who bust their butts, take on extra duties, are always positive and try to contribute are the one's who are getting laid off or fired while the one's who slack keep their jobs or get a promotion I truely don't get it.........

Have seen this a lot too. What I gather is the "problem" with the guys that work really hard and bust their ass to get shit done aren't shmoozing with the boss/supervisor like the lazy ass. The problem here is a lot of times the supervisor used to be the same way, lazy, talks, a lot of long smoke breaks etc so they value a good buddy at work a little more than the quiet hard worker type. The hard worker may not even be the quiet type but they are too busy working hard to stand around and shoot the breeze.

Katmandu
01-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Ha we use to do that in high school, tape a dollar bill to a clear string flip it over and watch as people grab for it in class and pull it as they did. Ranks up there with zip tying people to the desk if they fell asleep.Back in College, we used to "PENNY" (Lock) people in their dorm rooms! Talk bout some funny shit! :lol: :D

chadomac
01-23-2010, 04:10 PM

:bigthumb