Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone into game emulation? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into game emulation?

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm looking to see if anyone here is into game emulations and roms and if by chance anyone has any they could share. I'm looking for Sega Dreamcast roms. I've got all the NES, SNES and Genesis roms already. My son loves playing this stuff and there's so many games out there that you can't find in fleamarkets, and if you do they want an arm and a leg for them.

SlowRS
01-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I only have the NES, SNES ones. I would like to have the Genesis one, but havnet found a working one yet.

2Kblacksleeper
01-20-2010, 01:58 AM
SS 302,
game emulations and roms for nes and snes. Is this where i can play old games on my comp? If so is there a way you could help hook me up with this? I am not the most computer savy, but can probially learn.
Hopefully thanks for your help.

John

jdubya
01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I bought a Game King A320. It plays NES, SNES, Atari, Sega Geneiss, Dreamcast, Neo Geo and a few others. I get mine from coolROM.com for free.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-20-2010, 10:01 AM
I only have the NES, SNES ones. I would like to have the Genesis one, but havnet found a working one yet.

SS 302,
game emulations and roms for nes and snes. Is this where i can play old games on my comp? If so is there a way you could help hook me up with this? I am not the most computer savy, but can probially learn.
Hopefully thanks for your help.

John

I can hook both of you up if you're ever in the area. The programs are relatively simple to use and all you need is a cheap controller to play them unless you're ok with using the keyboard. I got online a while back and ordered a Playstation controller adapter and it works awesome. The NES stuff will all fit onto a cdr, but the SNES and Genesis stuff is quite large (i literally have every game ever made for all 3 of these consoles so we're talking around 1000 games each). I went through the huge task of compressing each game down into a winrar zip so if you have a flash drive around 4gb i should be able to swap over all the NES/SNES and Genesis stuff.

I just got a Dreamcast emulator and it's pretty sweet. You have to get the games in ISO format and they're pretty big...not as easy to share as the NES stuff. It's all out there to download though.

Stangman
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
:lol:

I still have a Sega Saturn... that made me think of it... lol

347sc
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I have mame32 on a disk somewhere . Its the old school arcade roms. Id love to have the the others. Where you located at?

2Kblacksleeper
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
85 SS,
I live in Withemsville, so I will pick up a flash drive in a few days to drop it off to you. Would the SNES and Genesis all fit on the 4G flash or do you need a larger one?
Thank you for helping an old school gamer find his youth. Lol

John

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
I have mame32 on a disk somewhere . Its the old school arcade roms. Id love to have the the others. Where you located at?

I'm in Withamsville/Amelia off of rt 125. If you can do the flash drive like 2kblacksleeper then i can get you all 3 consoles. They're about 2.5gb total with the Genesis and SNES compressed in .rar files. You'll need WinRar to uncompress them (can put that on there too).

85 SS,
I live in Withemsville, so I will pick up a flash drive in a few days to drop it off to you. Would the SNES and Genesis all fit on the 4G flash or do you need a larger one?
Thank you for helping an old school gamer find his youth. Lol

John

Yeah like i said above, if it's at least 3gb it should be fine. You should be able to find a 4gb flash drive for pretty cheap.

347sc
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I have a 4gb flash I just get to Sharonville so have to get some time to meet up. Thanks

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
:lol:

I still have a Sega Saturn... that made me think of it... lol

Me too! But it pretty much blows. I don't know why but i never really cared for it. I got it and about 30 games from a guy thinking i'd love it. That system along with Dreamcast were both pretty much destroyed when Playstation hit the scene. Dreamcast does have some pretty sweet games though so it's worth playing with an emulator to play. The first Soul Calibur was ported from archade to Dreamcast and is still widely viewed as the best fighting game of all time...and if you can believe that, on some surveys it's ranked the best game ever of any genre on any platform! Right now it's still #7 on GameRanking.com top all time list of games http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html It was #1 until the titles that are above it came out.

This morning i was playing some Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 which was a pretty awesome fighting game too. It's really one of the last really good 2D fighting games.

2Kblacksleeper
01-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I will send you a PM when I pick one up.
I'll need the running program too.

Thank you again.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-20-2010, 06:31 PM
The 2.5gb is everything including the emulators.

chadomac
01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
hey guys if any of you have a psp i can get these to run on them. also some smart phones... oh i can get them to run on the wii too

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
You mean the roms will run on them?

chadomac
01-20-2010, 07:37 PM
yes but you have to do a little modding to the os sytem

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-20-2010, 07:53 PM
If you could get the NES games to work and you had enough memory, like maybe on a memory card, you could probably load up every NES game there is since it's less than 1gb. Talk about having a LOT of games on a phone.

2Kblacksleeper
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Hmmmm. I do have an 8G card in my blackberry. Lol.

The games might be hard with just a touch screen though.

Stangman
01-21-2010, 12:37 PM
How about an InTelevision emulator? :lol:

347sc
01-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Looking at the Motorola droid and it has a snes emulator on it and also an app with of 100 tv channels

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
How about an InTelevision emulator? :lol:

There are emulators for just about any gaming system you can think of way back to Colecovision and stuff you never even heard of. I used to have a bunch of Atari stuff but honestly a lot of that stuff is just soooo boring compared to NES. There are a few great games like Frogger, Pacman, Pitfall etc, but there's way more games that are extremely boring than there are games that where memorable. Console gaming IMO really started with the Sega Master System and NES.

chadomac
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
If you could get the NES games to work and you had enough memory, like maybe on a memory card, you could probably load up every NES game there is since it's less than 1gb. Talk about having a LOT of games on a phone.

i have a unlocked dash for sale that has all the nes games on it

chadomac
01-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Hmmmm. I do have an 8G card in my blackberry. Lol.

The games might be hard with just a touch screen though.

no i play them all the time on my iphone :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Does it work on Cricket? How much?

2Kblacksleeper
01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Ill be getting ahold of you too Chad.

bascom123
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Built a MAME cabinet in an old arcade machine some years ago, 21 inch CRT with an old P4 3GHz PC i had.

Still have to create a newer joystick panel (have all the parts just aint got to it yet).

They are a lot of fun.

SlowRS
01-26-2010, 02:46 AM
I can hook both of you up if you're ever in the area. The programs are relatively simple to use and all you need is a cheap controller to play them unless you're ok with using the keyboard. I got online a while back and ordered a Playstation controller adapter and it works awesome. The NES stuff will all fit onto a cdr, but the SNES and Genesis stuff is quite large (i literally have every game ever made for all 3 of these consoles so we're talking around 1000 games each). I went through the huge task of compressing each game down into a winrar zip so if you have a flash drive around 4gb i should be able to swap over all the NES/SNES and Genesis stuff.

I just got a Dreamcast emulator and it's pretty sweet. You have to get the games in ISO format and they're pretty big...not as easy to share as the NES stuff. It's all out there to download though.

I deliver for walmart, and I am occaisionly at the amelia walmart. I will try to get hooked up with you one of the days. Its hard cause I dont know until the last minute where I am delivering.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
SlowRS you got a PM.

Anyone wanna suggest a way to burn this stuff to a DVD? I know i've done it before i just can't remember what program i used. Nero wants to associate files like this with a CDR and i can't seem to change it to a DVD.

chadomac
01-26-2010, 11:10 AM
use imgburn its free thats all i use to burn with games movies data her is the link

http://www.imgburn.com/

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
use imgburn its free thats all i use to burn with games movies data her is the link

http://www.imgburn.com/

Man that is one slick little program. Thanks for the link :bigthumb

So yeah now i can burn all this stuff to a DVD so you guys won't have to bother with the flash drives. As long as you've got WinRar to unpack the compressed files you're good to go (hell i can put that on there too if needed).

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-02-2010, 06:47 AM
I've been up for hours...can't sleep. Burning a bunch of these DVDs. You guys who wanted a copy, let me know if you're ever in the area and i'll meet up with ya. John i'm gonna try to swing by your work today and see if i can find you and drop off a copy.

Also, the Dreamcast stuff is AWESOME. I won't bother trying to share any of that because all the files are huge and you can download them yourself. The games are around 500-700mb each since they're in ISO format. There really weren't a ton of games on Dreamcast that i liked, but there is at least some really good Marvel Vs. Capcom games if you like fighting games, plus a few others.

As for a controller, i would HIGHLY recommend you go online and buy this http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc038/pc038-1.htm

Not necessarily from that site, that's just a good link for info on what i use. If you're like me and you've played Playstation since '95, you've probably grown fond of the Playstation controller. As cheap as that thing looks it actually works great. The only issue i've ever had is the thumb sticks don't seem to emulate very well, but i have yet to run into an instance where that mattered with these older console emulators. You could also look into getting an Xbox controller which i've heard works awesome on a PC but i'm really "trained" into using a Playstation controller...and this saved me from having to buy a new controller...plus you get the added bonus of being able to use 2 PS controllers with it which is very slick.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Ok i've got disks waiting for:

SlowRS
2kblacksleeper
347sc

Anyone else?

mustang429
02-02-2010, 08:40 AM
yea count me in for all, i can meet up some time today thanks