Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
1997 jeep cherokee for sale or trade [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1997 jeep cherokee for sale or trade

plated
01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
looking to move onto something else 97 cherokee,new tires,new front end parts,new fuelpump,rebuilt title very dependable 4wheel works great,daily driver that sees 500 miles a week,good on gas, lifted a little oversize tires rides great!! looking to sell or possible trade for?? lmk what you have thanks 239-6412 chris

mustangboy
01-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Out of curiosity what is the mileage

rpppaprp
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
What is the asking price? What wheels are on it?

NUTTSGT
01-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Also curious on the price and the area code for your number.

rebuilt title never mind

dsmawd350
01-20-2010, 10:07 AM
price. miles.

plated
01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
$2,500 145k miles,it's an auto,513-239-6412 spedometer doesn't work,it also has new waterpump,and newer alt

mustangboy
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Wanna trade for a 6x6?:D

tcorns
01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
any idea on what it takes to convert to a regular title? why was it totaled and who did the repair. anything else wrong, all panels straight, new paint. looking for a daily driver for a friend and this may be what he is looking for.

trev

sean
01-21-2010, 02:20 PM
The title is as "regular" as it can get. You can do everything you can do with a clear title. It will always have the branded rebuilt title.

thecollector
01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
The title is as "regular" as it can get. You can do everything you can do with a clear title. It will always have the branded rebuilt title.

Except borrow money against it..

You cannot convert it to a "regular" title. Once it is salvaged it can only be rebuilt and branded as such which has already been done. It doesn't affect licensing or your insurance as long as you provide your agent with photos proving it has been repaired. I have had numerous "salvage-rebuilt" cars truck and bikes and the only thing the branding did was make it more difficult for me to sell them because no banks will touch them to loan money against.

Plated has posted up some great work just search the threads, while I don't know him personnelly he has more than established a reputation as a quality collision repair guy/painter.

89notch
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Except borrow money against it..

You cannot convert it to a "regular" title. Once it is salvaged it can only be rebuilt and branded as such which has already been done. It doesn't affect licensing or your insurance as long as you provide your agent with photos proving it has been repaired. I have had numerous "salvage-rebuilt" cars truck and bikes and the only thing the branding did was make it more difficult for me to sell them because no banks will touch them to loan money against.

Plated has posted up some great work just search the threads, while I don't know him personnelly he has more than established a reputation as a quality collision repair guy/painter.
not true

plated
01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
any idea on what it takes to convert to a regular title? why was it totaled and who did the repair. anything else wrong, all panels straight, new paint. looking for a daily driver for a friend and this may be what he is looking for.

trev

i think he may need to just buy a new car

NO SHOT
01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
not true

Yea what he said.When I was in the used car biz a couple years ago as long as the title was rebuilt they would loan 100%. They didnt take off any for that.

sean
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I have sold cars and bikes with rebuilt titles. The owner of a few of them had bank financing. You have to have good credit to get the loan. If your credit is score is high (700+) there are banks that will loan you money. My R1 had a rebuilt title and the guy got a bank loan for it. I talked to his bank. dont be afraid of rebuilt titles. Look it over, drive it, ask questions, and save some money. I have owned MANY rebuilt title things and this jeep looks nice. Ins companies total out stuff for stupid reasons, just ask your ins company what it takes. You will be surprised.

1992MustangDW
01-21-2010, 09:57 PM
very nice looking jeep. bump

plated
01-25-2010, 05:52 AM
ttt to the top

thecollector
01-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Yea what he said.When I was in the used car biz a couple years ago as long as the title was rebuilt they would loan 100%. They didnt take off any for that.

As of Oct. 08' the following financial institutions would not lend me money for a car with a salvage title regardless of my credit score (694 at the time):

Us Bank
Midfirst credit Union
National City Bank

All Financial institutions refused to give me a traditional car loan and hold the title as collateral (I about exhausted the phone book looking). The only thing they would give was personnel loans or signature notes (at higher interest rates). Which one did you deal with?

sean
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
As of Oct. 08' the following financial institutions would not lend me money for a car with a salvage title regardless of my credit score (694 at the time):

Just want to clarify. You state you were trying to get a loan on a salvage title, he is talking about a rebuilt title. There is a big difference. For that matter I dont think you can insure a salvage title, but you can a rebuilt title.

orangeconv
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
preaty sure 5/3 also

thecollector
01-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry, it was salvage but had been branded as rebuilt and was licensed tagged etc.

I have had 4 cars/trucks/bikes branded as rebuilds Some of which i did myself but they have all been cash cars or signature note cars. Every lending institution has turned me away for financing. If I knew of someone that would have financed one I would have picked up an 03-04 cobra by now...

5/3 just laughed me off the phone. She stated it was an "insecure asset" regardless of being branded as rebuilt.

Anyone else have an idea??? I'll call them ASAP if you do. What location/ person did you deal with at 5/3??

sean
01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I wish I could remember who did the bike I sold but you should try GE credit union. If they say no try as many credit unions as you can think of. The one I sold the bike with was in the Columbus area if i am not mistaken.

91boost
01-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I am pretty sure people that buy salvage cars from my work use wright pat credit union, i think thats what it is called.

87stangbbb
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
thats my bank

draggin50
01-31-2010, 09:26 PM
pm sent

plated
02-01-2010, 02:27 AM
sorry sold this weekend plz delete

GRITHER
04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Chris. Nice meeting you in person. The Jeep is doing good fixed all the small issues. Been driving it 84 miles a day to work. Thanks.

plated
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey Chris. Nice meeting you in person. The Jeep is doing good fixed all the small issues. Been driving it 84 miles a day to work. Thanks.

good deal you just can't beat them for the money i been keeping my out for another one my self get with me if you got to get rid of it.