Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rust Free Doors for 85GT [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rust Free Doors for 85GT

4EYED85GT
01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
I need a set of doors for an 85GT. Mine are rusted out at the bottom as most are. Let me know if you have a set or you know where I can find a set. Also let me know what a set will cost me if I find them. Thanks alot!

leroy93lx
01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
T-top or Hardtop doors?

Pitbull1052
01-15-2010, 03:59 PM
not positive but I'm pretty sure he has a hardtop

4EYED85GT
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a hardtop! Appreciate the responses!

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Man good luck with this. I spent 4 years looking for the correct doors before i said screw it and got some '87+ doors and changed all the moulding around. I still have the weather strip holes that need welded up.

4EYED85GT
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I figured it wouldnt be easy finding a correct set of rust free doors. I am not in a real big hurry as I am going to concentrate on getting my car mechanically sound before I have the bodywork and paint done. I hope to find a set and have them when I am ready for the body work and paint to be done.

leroy93lx
01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I will look out in the barn tomorrow. I know I have nice T-top doors, but we parted out a really solid 86 sunroof car too. I will let you know though.

4EYED85GT
01-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it. Where in Indiana are you? Although I live in Ohio I work in Aurora IN. I am in many parts of Indiana as I am an Army Recruiter. Let me know if you have good doors!

4EYED85GT
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Still need doors! Have cash now! Please help!

leroy93lx
02-03-2010, 08:53 PM
All I had were 87-93 hardtop doors and 85-86 t-top doors..

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-03-2010, 10:46 PM
You really should consider doing what i did and swap over the '87+ doors. Order the correct dew wipes from 5.0 Resto and swap those over. Then all you need to do is weld up the holes from the '87 style dew wipes and change over the sideview mirrors and the rest of the window trim and you're done. I came to the realization that if you do find clean rust free doors, they're probably attached to a clean rust free car and not for sale.

4EYED85GT
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I will keep it in mind! I would like to see your car if possible. I come through Beechmont and Amelia everyday!

Pitbull1052
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
if you stop by to see his I live right behind him and there are a few others that live close by too

4EYED85GT
02-04-2010, 02:11 PM
That would be awesome! Would love to meet all the Stangbangerz in the area and check out their rides! I am dropping of my Mustang at Goulds this weekend to get some work done and spend some of my tax money before the wife makes other plans for it.

Stangman
02-04-2010, 02:21 PM
That would be awesome! Would love to meet all the Stangbangerz in the area and check out their rides! I am dropping of my Mustang at Goulds this weekend to get some work done and spend some of my tax money before the wife makes other plans for it.

Where ya at over there in Bethel? I come thru there frequently... a buddy of mine lives over there just across the street from that Archary place...

93lincolnmk8
02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
They shut that place down Jesse. Its just an empty building now.

4EYED85GT
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I live on Macedonia Rd. The section that is off of 133 and off of Bethel Concord depending on which direction you are coming from. I live right across the street from the old Bethel Water Works where the reservoirs are. They dont use the water works anymore but people are always in and out of there hunting and fishing. I also have a nice stocked pond if anyone is into fishing!

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I live on Macedonia Rd. The section that is off of 133 and off of Bethel Concord depending on which direction you are coming from. I live right across the street from the old Bethel Water Works where the reservoirs are. They dont use the water works anymore but people are always in and out of there hunting and fishing. I also have a nice stocked pond if anyone is into fishing!

Reeeeeeeeally. You may have just made a new best friend :cheers:

I just got back into fishing last year...hadn't done it much since i was a youngster but me my brother and mom are all back into it and we're already getting the fever. We've been going to the park in Milford which is ok but we'd really love to find a nice private place we could go whenever we wanted that's well stocked.

4EYED85GT
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
If you like to catch fish then my pond is for you! It is well stocked with Bass (1-3lbs), Channel Cat (3-10lbs) and Bluegill (bigger than your hand). I have never seen someone fish at my pond and not be busy reeling fish in the whole time. My kids have a blast catching the big bluegill on small poles. I had the pond stocked by Jones fish hatchery a couple of years ago. You will have to come up when it warms up and check it out. I also have a nice dock that I built. Also have a paddle boat for the kids!

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
We're not picky man we catch anything that bites. Of course everyone wants to pull in a monster blue cat or something like that but that's why you bring 3 or so poles with you. Last year i decided to start catching my own bait and i had an absolute blast with this tiny little pole pulling out itty bitty blue gills off the bank.

Stangman
02-04-2010, 07:24 PM
They shut that place down Jesse. Its just an empty building now.

Again??? Shows how much I pay attention

4EYED85GT
02-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I would rather catch a blue gill on a small pole than catch a huge cat on a big surf rod anyday! The channel cats put up a real good fight also! You wont be disappointed! The pond isnt fished that much, I have relatives over in NKY that come up every now and then on the weekend. I am gonna put on a little fishing tournament for the kids this year and have prizes. I figure I will let them draw numbers to determine there spots and have a point system for the different fish and sizes. All kids will be winners though!