Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Alpha TV Service [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alpha TV Service

BigBadStang
01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use this so called company for ANY television repair or service!
They have many locations listed on their website, and in the phone book,
http://www.alphatvcinci.com/
but, no matter which phone number you call, it rings to the ONE field tech they have's mobile phone, and they have ONE "repair" facility in Hartwell.

Here is what went down...
On October 6, 2009 my 4 year old Sony 57" rear projection HDTV was flashing a code when attempting to power it up, then sound and no picture, then it would shut down. I did some research and found what the codes meant, and decided that attempting to repair the thing was above my level. The parts were available, or able to be refurbed, but I just wasn't comfy trying to do it and effing it up (so I paid someone to Eff it up for me :mad:). I looked in the local Butler county Yellow pages and found only a few that did in home service, and after searching on the web,
http://www.bbb.org/cincinnati/business-reviews/television-and-radio-dealers/alpha-tv-vcr-service-in-cincinnati-oh-6072/
I was duped into calling Alpha. I called the Fairfield location's number and Jack answered the phone. I told him what was going on and he said he could be out the next day to troubleshoot and give me an estimate to the tune of $64. I agreed, so he came out the next day. He looked at it and fooled with this that and the other, then went back out to his van. After 20 minutes he came back in and said it was the power board and it would be $450 and take 7-10 days to fix.( I knew what killed the board, when we first moved into the house, in a new sub division, the damn power was constantly going on and off, and I know that's what killed it.) I thought about it for a few minutes and made the decision that I couldn't buy a replacement that size for double that cost, and it had been an excellent tv up until this point, so I opted for the repair. Jack took the entire main board assembly out and took it with him (after I had to MAKE him provide me with a receipt for the boards) to have it repaired at "the shop".
The 7-10 days turned into 32 days. Finally after many calls, and being told "I will call me back when I get to the shop", only to not hear back from them.
Long saga made short, after 4 trips out to my house (including the original estimate visit) and 3 failed attempts to fix it, only to take all the guts back to the shop with him each time, December 15th I get a call (after leaving 40 messages) back from George Haddad the owner,(who happens to be the clown that actually is butchering the parts back at the shop.) and he tells me he cannot fix the boards and the only option is to send the board assembly to a place that does refurbs specifically for Sony. He said the cost to him for this is $650 and he is willing to split that cost with me in addition to the original $450 I was quoted.
At this point I am glad I'm on the phone, and not face to face with anyone affiliated with this rag-tag outfit, or I would still be in jail. I tell him more or less to go Eff himself, I'm not paying for a damn thing, and he needed to bring my shit back to me the next day. He tells me Jack will bring the stuff out the next day at noon.
I come home from work around 6am the next day and there, laying on the front porch is all the guts from my TV! The pussies didn't want to deal with me, so they dumped the shit off at like 3am (I found this out by watching the surveillance footage, and I also saw where Jack hooked some shit up wrong and burned the new powerboard out (smoke rolled off of it) on one of the failed attempts after watching the in-house footage.

So, I bought a new 55" LG LH55 from HH Gregg and had them haul off the Sony. What a friggin nightmare!

STAY AWAY!!!

chadomac
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
good to know

MrsAPE
01-09-2010, 04:57 PM
You boy's will do anything to be able to buy a new tv!! Remind me to never tp your house either!!

BigBadStang
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
...Remind me to never tp your house either!!

:evilgrin:...I like to know whom or what I will be shooting at!

MrsAPE
01-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I bet!! If I show up with a nerf gun?!

2007ShelbyCobra
01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
wow, I hear the worst stories about tv repair...