Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Has anyone mail ordered a TV? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone mail ordered a TV?

cstreu1026
12-31-2009, 10:07 PM
We are shopping for a new TV and I found a great deal on one online. The shipping is free but I think it comes truck freight because of the size. Has anyone done this before? How well did it work out?

BlazinEagle
01-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I did this with my Sony 52"...it worked out great...they brought it into the house and everything. All I had to do was unpack and hook it up.

Paul408Notch
01-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Before you do it, go to HH Gregg and try to talk them down in price. I've bought 2 TVs in a row from them because I get them down lower than Best Buy's employee price. (Which is lower than online prices even.)

exrider416
01-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Got my 73" tv delivered freight. Worked out great for me. It was delivered by Yellow Freight

Kevin1989
01-01-2010, 02:58 AM
not sure who brought mine but my xmas gift was a TV for my room and it was delivered. they broght it in the house even and took it up stairs

Black92LX
01-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Like all delivery it depends on who the company is.

I picked up a buddies truck freight. The box was all jacked up but the shipping company claimed it was like that when they received it and even had a note on the original pickup from the company.
Said it would be fine.
Buddy got it home and had quite a few dead pixels.
Had to drive it back and go pick it up again.

Like Paul said, try HH Gregg they are pretty good with price matching even with internet sales.

Just to save the hassle of having to truck freight it, which might not be all bad dependent upon where the freight facility is.

Paul408Notch
01-01-2010, 10:25 AM
And BTW.... I really don't like HH Gregg, but the salespeople in there are so hungry, you can get stupid money off of TVs. I just bought a 54" V-Series Panasonic Plasma, and got the guy talked down more than $700 off of the normal price, with minimal haggling involved.

I still have a few friends working at Best Buy, and they told me their employee price was $36 more than I paid.

04 Venom
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
My brother ordered one on line last month. Delivery was fine, but a problem with the picture developed within 2 days. He has to send it somewhere for warranty service, which will be a PITA. Buying local will save that hassle; if there is a problem right away, you can exchange it. I also have had good luck with HH Gregg being competitive with pricing.

BigBadStang
01-01-2010, 11:43 AM
My brother ordered one on line last month. Delivery was fine, but a problem with the picture developed within 2 days. He has to send it somewhere for warranty service, which will be a PITA. Buying local will save that hassle; if there is a problem right away, you can exchange it. I also have had good luck with HH Gregg being competitive with pricing.

Yep...what he said!
The hassle with repair/warranty with mail order is more than enough to influence the decision. 2 weeks ago I bought a 55" LG LH55 (240hz) at H.H. for $500 less than Best Buy would sell me a 55" LH40 (lower model running at 120hz), delivered, a 5 year warranty vs. B.B's 4 year plan, and they hauled off that giant piece of shit 4 year old piece of shit 57" Sony that no one knew how to fix. I made the deal in a matter of 15 minutes, and had the set home the next day by noon! $1,450 out the door! Very happy with HH...so far. Lovin the LG!

Goldenpony
01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
After 18 yrs, my faithful ole Panasonic tube set finally went over the rainbow. I had done a good bit of research, I decided I'd like to get a 50" Pioneer plasma. I went to Eastgate BB. I had seen the Pioneer I wanted, but it was like $4k. Some time later I went back and they had it marked down to $2k. I asked if it was a demo or something and the guy said no, Pioneer was getting out of the TV business and they were closing them out - they had 1 new in box left. I immediately bought it, but without the 4 yr warranty. After thinking about it for a week, I went back and was going to get the warranty. The salesman that sold it to me checked and said they had had a Thanksgiving sale and I would get $200 back for price match, which I applied to the 4 yr warranty. I couldn't be happier, the set has one of THE best pictures I have ever seen. I'm a happy camper. Along with a Blu Ray DVD player and Hi Def cable, we've re-discovered TV & movies. :D

sean
01-03-2010, 02:35 PM
May sound stupid to you guys but I got mine cheep. If you buy in cash at a rent to own place you can get a great deal on it and some of them will deliver it and set it up for free too. Dont rent from them (unless you have to) but you can get a hell of a deal on a tv. Mine was rented to a church for a month and I got it cheep. Its a 68 or something (dont know exact size) flat screen and has not given me a single problem. Also got a warranty. That was a while ago but I am sure the deals are still out there.