Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I'm gonna need some help. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna need some help.

blown86lx
12-30-2009, 02:48 AM
I am going to be rebuilding a stang this spring that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if there were any people around my area (Marysville) about 30 mins northwest of Columbus who would lend a helping hand in putting my motor together. I am going to yank it out this spring and I bought some gt40 cast heads and a explorer intake.My biggest concern is getting the right pushrod length.I am pretty mechanically inclined but when I worked in dealerships I always worked on Honda's and Toyota's so im not real familiar with a pushrod engine.If anyone would want to help me out in there spare time I would really appreciate it.And I would supply all the beer one wants to drink!!:chug:

blown86lx
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
nobody. Damn was hopin someone had some spare time on there hands

k062693w
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
I could probably get my buddy to come over and give you a hand ... I'm in Mechanicsburg, So it's only about 20 miles for me ... When are you wanting to do something ???

black90lx
01-05-2010, 01:06 AM
you use the stock pushrods

blown86lx
01-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Probably this spring I recently bought a house and don't have a garage so its in my parents pole barn right now. Gotta wait till it gets a little warmer cause there's no heat in the barn.Would I use the stock pushrods even if I am gonna use 1.6 roller rockers? I am gonna pull the motor out so I could throw it in the back of the truck and bring it wherever also to put it together.I have done some reading and people say that anytime you change heads you have to measure to make sure you have the correct pushrod length. I also thought I could just use the stock ones.Also on a side note I will probably run a small cam like a B series. And the heads are just cast gt40 heads.Anyone's input on this would be appreciated.

motox159
01-07-2010, 03:44 AM
Hey bro, i'm not anywhere close to help out...but my car sits in my parents pole barn too! hahaa

blown86lx
01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Sucks dont it! My garage should start getting built this spring so I will have a place for her to stay:bigthumb