Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cam bearing ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cam bearing ?

blown86lx
12-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I have never done cam bearings before cant be that hard with the motor out, I wouldnt think. I guess I am asking if anyone has had any problems I should look out for when doing these. I plan on buying a stroked shortblock this weekened that needs cam bearings so I figured I would ask before I got myself in to deep. And also what is this gonna cost me if I do it myself, round and about? And last I will be ruuning ported GT40 cast heads and a gt40 intake off an explorer with a f cam. What kind of injector mass air meter combo should I be looking for 42's? or 60?s

Gearhead
12-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I have never done cam bearings before cant be that hard with the motor out, I wouldnt think. I guess I am asking if anyone has had any problems I should look out for when doing these. I plan on buying a stroked shortblock this weekened that needs cam bearings so I figured I would ask before I got myself in to deep. And also what is this gonna cost me if I do it myself, round and about? And last I will be ruuning ported GT40 cast heads and a gt40 intake off an explorer with a f cam. What kind of injector mass air meter combo should I be looking for 42's? or 60?s

Cam bearings are pretty easy if you have the correct installation tool. Just make sure you have everything squared up and the oiling holes lined up. I needed to put a front one in awhile back and borrowed an install tool and it was simple. I think a new set of bearings should only run you about $40.
You might want to find out why the cam bearings went out in the first place though....

blown86lx
12-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Guy im buying the shortblock from said that they just have some pitting in them and if it was him he would replace them. I think he said one had a little peice missing from it. He didnt say why though. All I know is he was running like a X cam and 1.6 roller rockers and 50cc chamber heads.He seems like a prety good guy and Im sure some of you on here know him doesnt sound like he's trying to pawn off a pile of crap but didnt get the full story I will give him a call tommorow and see if he knows. Here's the for sale link.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60846

mustang8998
12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Quite possibly, they were scratched during the cam install, or disassembly?

Gearhead is right, if you can get the proper tool, it is very simple.

blown86lx
12-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Someone told me that it is a pain the ass with the pistons and rods in the block because it helps to look up through the bottom for proper alignment.

blown86lx
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
He already sold it guess you can close this thread. If anyone has a stroker shortblock they wanna sell or a stroker kit shoot me a pm!