Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
68 cougar cross member [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 68 cougar cross member

auto alchemist
12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
well i got another project a 68 Cougar XR7 GT, its a 390 car, and since i have a few small blocks laying around i was thinking about converting it to small block since the parts are cheaper and i would get a little better mpg.

but my question is will the big block cross member the same or do i need a small block cross member?

and i might as well ask while im at it, when my dad converted his 64 comet to a manual tranny he had to buy peice for the tranny hump that the shifter comes through, would i need that to convert it or could i just cut a hole in the hump?

Buckeye
12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
It is just a new set of mounts

also check out http://www.mercurycougar.net

Xowner
12-30-2009, 12:48 AM
well i got another project a 68 Cougar XR7 GT, its a 390 car, and since i have a few small blocks laying around i was thinking about converting it to small block since the parts are cheaper and i would get a little better mpg.

but my question is will the big block cross member the same or do i need a small block cross member?

and i might as well ask while im at it, when my dad converted his 64 comet to a manual tranny he had to buy peice for the tranny hump that the shifter comes through, would i need that to convert it or could i just cut a hole in the hump?

is your big block cross member a auto or 4 sped one? wanna sell it i got a buddy looking for an auto one