Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Do you let Valets park your car ?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do you let Valets park your car ??

Katmandu
12-17-2009, 10:50 AM
You won't after watching this!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2009/12/16/moos.maniac.valet.parking.cnn

four6trix
12-17-2009, 10:55 AM
:eek: I saw that yesterday. Scary s**t right there.

cstreu1026
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
That's the media for ya. I worked as a valet for 3 years and I never did anything like that. Neither did any of my co-workers.

duststang
12-17-2009, 03:13 PM
looks like fun LOL. I would be upset to say the least.

sean
12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I worked at a country club in the Montgomery area as head valet. we got all the mid to higher end cars in there all the time. At one point one of the workers was hungry and said he was going to burger king and did I want anything. I said no and went on working. A nice older man came out with a ticket and I went to go get his car. I couldn't find it. Came back to make sure we had the right ticket and at that point a beautiful Porsche 911 went screaming by. At least 110 on what If I remember right was a 25 mph zone. well as the man quickly told me THATS MY CAR. I assured him it wasn't and while i was promising we dont do that here comes the 911 into the drive up to me with mike laughing and eating his burger. Mike got fired the man was well taken care of and I got a promotion. You think that valet stuff doesn't happen? Think again. I valet where I can see my car the whole time. Montgomery inn by the river is about the only place.

cstreu1026
12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
It never happend any place I worked...The Waterfront, The Bankers Club, or the Syndicate. I do beleive it happens though, especially in places where cars are parked a block or more away like in big cities.

Waffles
12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
My ex g/f was a vallet and sometimes I'd work parties or special events with her for extra cash. Those guys would beat the balls off of EVERYTHING they drove. They wouldn't just drive it hard, but they'd do neutral drops and shit just because they thought it'd be funny. That company was Parking Solutions and are the same people who run parking at the Levee.

INSANEBA
12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I WOULD KILL!!!! I dont think we will be using valet at the Levee anymore either lmao! Just think, I was gonna drive the GT down for our spring weekend there too, think of the fun they would have with a 5 speed stang in the parkinglot!

Waffles
12-17-2009, 04:36 PM
They don't really have the opportunity to at the Levee, but they are definitely the same people. When we were parking up at Music Hall, the lot was 2 blocks away and I've never seen cars get beat so hard. When I told the district manager about it, he just kinda blew me off and talked about how hard it was to get good help.

Kevin1989
12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
cant you get valet tunes on your car to only let it rev to like 3k or something... i mean you can turn the tires over at 3k in most peoples cars but its alot better than 6500

Mustard
12-17-2009, 07:04 PM
IM poor I dont go any where that has a valet service. However, I always think of Ferris Bullers Day off and the guys stealing the Ferrari and beating the hell out of it. I'll park my own car thanks lol

1992MustangDW
12-17-2009, 10:05 PM
my lil bro truck has a vallet setting

DeckerEnt
12-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I valeted the exped at the hoffbrau house once. I took my pistol out of the center console. My wife looked at me funny and said "What are you doing? This is a bar." I said, I ain't leaving this for the valet to take. Had to carry in a bar for the rest of the night. I really shouldn't have since it is a little against the law to carry in a place that get's it's money from beer sales but better safe than sorry. The exped came back just fine and I tipped the guy a 5.

Demonracer
12-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Some programable cpu's have a valet mode. It limits the rpm and speed allowed in this setting.

duststang
12-18-2009, 08:17 AM
I will always reprogram before valet. Once I lowered the limits on my wife, the car wouldnt go over 3000 rpms or 55 MPH. She was so upset. This is good for wifes and children LOL!

bestracing
12-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I never use a valet, I'm a cheap bastard LoL!!

djom1cincy
12-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I think I might have to get a tune on my hand held for something like this. I have a buddy with a vette that wont do valet. I always thought he was crazy. I guess not.

Aweasel
12-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Only did it once. Last week I took my gf to see white christmas at the aronoff center and went to the valet parking across the street. You pull into a garage and they park it in there, not like they took it around the block or anything, I also noted the mileage just cause. Well anyway, here I pull up in the lx 5.0, loud as shit in this garage. Well, it was the picking up part that was fun. After the play I went in there with like a thousand other people waiting on their rides. It was funny when they fired it up 2 levels below, my gf said, "here it comes" So dude pulls up in front of a million old people in suites, not the typical car the valet gets to pull up, even got a few "nice stang" comments:) Thought it was pretty cool, I'd do it again.