Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any local shops with a no-mar tire changer [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any local shops with a no-mar tire changer

dsmawd350
12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
like the title reads. Any local shops or tire chains use the no-mar tire changers. have a nice set of billet wheels that i dont want some tire monkey fucking up

cstreu1026
12-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Maybe Performance Alignment in Blue Ash, but I have heard they are very expensive.

http://www.performance-alignment.com/services.htm

mustangboy
12-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Most all tire machines are set up to be no mar. However where damage usually occurs is from operator error in setting the machine correctly or not using enough lube. Even with the most high tech machine you are going to have the bead of the tire still touch the rim especially with today's super low extremely stiff sidewall tires. It is just a fact so you have to lube the crap out of the tire and rim so it slides and does not mar the rim.

dsmawd350
12-16-2009, 08:54 AM
actually kenny the no-mar changers are ones that dont use the big metal teeth to clamp the wheel from behind. They have rubber pads instead that hold the wheel

mustangboy
12-16-2009, 09:21 AM
It has been a few years since I've been in the tire biz but I remember most our machines had the rubber pads that could be mounted over the metal teeth for certain rims. I would guess them to be standard on most machines today.

rogers
12-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Don't know it helps but I work part time at firestone here in houston and we have a machine like that and usually on a nice set of rims we do reverse mount with the rubber pads both our machines are like that and I've had mine on and off a few times to rotate and haven't scratched them once and can mount upto 22". I personally balance with stickon's even if not asked to but a newer machine that's designed to handle high end rims is very nice and high recommended... we charge like 20 ea for a mount n balance I don't. Know what it is there but most shops who sell dubs ought be able to help you out good luck!

dsmawd350
12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
What do you mean by reverse mount. I talked to tire discounters and they said they might have to reverse mount them depending on the wheels

dsmawd350
12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Btw Spade Kreations is going to handle it for me

1992MustangDW
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
There is two lips on a wheel, which ever lip is smaller is the side to mount the tire. Alot of new custom wheels are reverse mount. I know for a fact tire discounters in eastgate has the tire changer you want. it has four rubber legs that exspand to the inner side of the wheel. However most all tire places with a metal clamping style have " feet" that can go over them.

The pic I posted is a wheel that is reverse mount.

I personally do alot of custom wheels, the shop I am at how ever does not have the best equipment.

If you want them done right go to tire discounters in eastgate, ask for mikey <sn95n/a on the board. TOP NOTCH CUSTOM WHEEL GUY.

04 Venom
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Dave Chutney Goodyear Tire Center (off Fields Ertel Road).

INSANEBA
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Fastnotch2002 has an actual No-Mar manual tire changer. We use it on all of our bike wheels/tires. We've mounted 240's, 190's, 180's, 150's and more. We've used it on everything from stock wheels to a $2000 set of bike wheels. Ill be using it on my centerlines as well. Not a single metal part touches the wheel either!

Rick93coupe
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Fastnotch2002 has an actual No-Mar manual tire changer.

Where can I buy one?

Nevermind, I just found this. I haven't researched whether or not they make one for a wider wheel/tire package.

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/pages/review

1992MustangDW
12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
There is two lips on a wheel, which ever lip is smaller is the side to mount the tire. Alot of new custom wheels are reverse mount. I know for a fact tire discounters in eastgate has the tire changer you want. it has four rubber legs that exspand to the inner side of the wheel. However most all tire places with a metal clamping style have " feet" that can go over them.

The pic I posted is a wheel that is reverse mount.

I personally do alot of custom wheels, the shop I am at how ever does not have the best equipment.

If you want them done right go to tire discounters in eastgate, ask for mikey <sn95n/a on the board. TOP NOTCH CUSTOM WHEEL GUY.

Just ignore what I posted, no need to read it.

fastnotch2002
12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
like the title reads. Any local shops or tire chains use the no-mar tire changers. have a nice set of billet wheels that i dont want some tire monkey fucking up

bring em up if your this way and change them:bigthumb

dsmawd350
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Just ignore what I posted, no need to read it.

whats that supposed to mean? the mounting actually got put off so i was going to go see the dude you reccommended when it comes time