PDA

View Full Version : The Tranny Builder I am satisfied with...

PaulFiveOh
12-15-2009, 11:52 PM
I figured since I posted negative feedback about a fellow banger I should reciprocate with feedback regarding a positive experience.

Hands down - Alan - Dirtyd0g is the man.

When I brought my 80 mile converter to him to be repaired from the damaged done from the failure of the tranny he insisted that he cut it open right in front of me so that there was absolutely no doubt about the work that needed performed on it.

Alan is a goddamn genius when it comes to Automatics and Converters. He gets to talking and I just start nodding my head like uhh yea sure lol.
His prices are more than fair, infact, they are cheap. His shop has every tool he could ever need and he does quick work.

It took, seriously, less than 24 hours to do the work to the converter, so fast in fact that I didn't have the money to pay him because I didn't possibly think he would do it that fast.
I have numerous diesel buddies that swear by his work as well as multiple bangers and CSS people that also swear by his work.

In summery, Alan is the hillbilly I will now bring my stuff too. I recommend him to fellow bangerz. Just make sure when you show you have about an hour to shoot the shit because he likes to ragchew quite a bit. :lol:

dsmawd350
12-16-2009, 12:06 AM
no bashing intended here but i was just wondering if Alan had a customer page or anything? something to show proven performers that are using his convertors or transmissions. Or is it mainly a stockish rebuild kind of place? Just curious as i will be running an auto and its good to know who the builders are who make fast stuff

PaulFiveOh
12-16-2009, 12:07 AM
I think he specializes in high horsepower diesel converters. I don't know - Let's wait for him to tell us.

Stangman
12-16-2009, 12:16 AM
http://dirtydogperformance.com/ ??

I know he does a lot of Thunderbirds/cougars/mark viii's

Waffles
12-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I've never heard anything but good stuff about Alan.

Dirtyd0g
12-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the good words.
I specialize in converters. Ford,GM and Chrysler mostly. diesel,gas,street,race,mud, you name it.
The big diesel stuff is cool, but expensive as it gets.
If I had to nail down my main business it is 4r70w and aod converters. I do more of them than anything.
Alan

BigBadStang
12-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Any doubt about Alan's work, just look here...
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56785&highlight=torque+converter

No comparison between the workmanship in the Daaco and Alan's.

Chris Lazzo
12-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes big thumbs up for Alan...... I can't even count on both of my hands how many trans and converters he built for me, my work trucks my race car my lightning friends trans and converters and so on. I call him Boy Genius cause iv'e delt with all the big dog high dollar shops Artcar, Lentech, Performance automatic and Precision Industry converters. When I had a problem Alan either took it apart or cut it open and alway found a designed problem and found a way to make it better. Thats why I call him Boy Genius.

Thumbs Up :bigthumb

Chris

PaulFiveOh
12-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Yea what kills me is how he makes new parts out of scratch because something wasn't designed strong enough or what not. He was showing me about an input spline or something that he had made because the stock one wasn't beefy enough.

dawsin94cobra
12-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Does he do 5 speeds? I have about 3 I need fixed lol

Dirtyd0g
12-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry no I don't, I believe Andy Law does and I have a buddy who does them all the time out in Mt.Orab
Alan

firestang70
12-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Who in Mt. Orab?

dawsin94cobra
12-19-2009, 10:03 PM
any info would be appreciated! i need to fix the 3 i have gone through lol

Dirtyd0g
12-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Who in Mt. Orab?

Johnny Weaver at Rockets Race shop, I don't have the number on hand but I will try to get it.
Alan

beefcake
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Johnny Weaver at Rockets Race shop, I don't have the number on hand but I will try to get it.
Alan

weaver works with me during the day at the dealership, good guy