Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
petition for the new street racing law [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : petition for the new street racing law

juiced347
12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
sighn this the bill is to far one sided
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/automotive-enthusiasts-against-monica-durban-law

93snake
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
signed the petition and got a few others too!

NXcoupe
12-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I signed.

Black Horse
12-08-2009, 01:05 PM
It would be nice if the actual Bill was outlined in the petition.

Blackpony
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Signed

Mustard
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I Signed and got a couple others to sign too

djom1cincy
12-08-2009, 02:20 PM
What's it for?

Pitbull1052
12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
signed

juiced347
12-08-2009, 03:37 PM
here is the bill http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/BillText128/128_HB_191_I_Y.html
and a bill summary http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/analysis.cfm?ID=128_HB_191&hf=analyses128/h0191-i-128.htm

bestracing
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
"I understand that if I purchase nitrous oxide and use it in a motor vehicle that I operate on a public road, street, or highway in the state of Ohio, I may be subject to prosecution for the crime of falsification, a misdemeanor of the first degree, and may be subject to prosecution for other criminal offenses as well.
I understand not having bottles hooked up but come on, I can't even install the system on my street car now and just use N2O at the track?!? Thats TOTAL BS.

Sorry Ohio guys you are screwed if this passes.

You'd get better response if you type a letter and send it to your local representatives instead of signing this petition. SEMA has cover letters for stuff like this.

Ky tried to pass a law on banning N2O from even being carried in a vehicle at all which meant you could even take a disconnected bottle to the track. Letters to the Bills authors and local representatives got the measure tabled and it hasn't been brought up since.

SEMA - A Guide To Lobbying Your Elected Officials (http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61682)

From the above Guide "Many legislators argue that one clear, logical individual letter is worth more than a petition
with a thousand signatures!"

BlazinEagle
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
signed

NaomiDstangLvr
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry, but I still think street racing is way too dangerous. What's the big deal about going to a track and doing it? Granted, it's not nearly as fun. But your putting other people at risk by racing on the roads...

juiced347
12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I still think street racing is way too dangerous. What's the big deal about going to a track and doing it? Granted, it's not nearly as fun. But your putting other people at risk by racing on the roads...

because if you take off from a light to fast they can take your car from you no questions asked. It isn't about the street racing aspect but the bill will be able for the officer to make the call so if he wants to be a dick and take your car he can say you where racing.

93lincolnmk8
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Signed

1992MustangDW
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
signed, sticky this thing for a while

BlazinEagle
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I agree that street racing is dangerous and should be punished, but if there are not set rules and regulations then the cops can do whatever they want. I believe that most cops would do the right thing but there are plenty of them out there that would call it streetracing just to set an example.

Kevin1989
12-08-2009, 08:13 PM
i signed and ill get others to sign as well

JA04GT
12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
signed. It gives the cops to much of a chance to get back at someone for having that car they always wanted. Or to just flat out have a power trip.

Waffles
12-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Makes me think about this situation...

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44272&

One stupid asshole cop, and your car could be gone for good.....

7721Cobra
12-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I signed it....you can buy a car from the dealer that makes more HP factory than mine does on the juice. I don't street race, but like everyone else said....One ass hole cop.

WHYTRY
12-09-2009, 11:04 AM
if they dont like street racing then build a 24hr track open all weekend with no rules. alotta problems solved. or a speacial place somewere thats open to just the ppl to race. its that easy instead of passin laws to make more money off the public.

NaomiDstangLvr
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
if they dont like street racing then build a 24hr track open all weekend with no rules. alotta problems solved. or a speacial place somewere thats open to just the ppl to race. its that easy instead of passin laws to make more money off the public.

That's a good idea. Maybe something the state or city would actually fund. They would make more money off of it at the end....

But yeah, I definitely don't agree on the police being able to take your car...

Waffles
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM

That would definitely not be easy. The law is stupid, but what what you're saying would not be cheap, easy, or likely even feasible. Nor would it stop street racing.

7721Cobra
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I understand not having bottles hooked up but come on, I can't even install the system on my street car now and just use N2O at the track?!? Thats TOTAL BS.

Sorry Ohio guys you are screwed if this passes.

You'd get better response if you type a letter and send it to your local representatives instead of signing this petition. SEMA has cover letters for stuff like this.

Ky tried to pass a law on banning N2O from even being carried in a vehicle at all which meant you could even take a disconnected bottle to the track. Letters to the Bills authors and local representatives got the measure tabled and it hasn't been brought up since.

SEMA - A Guide To Lobbying Your Elected Officials (http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61682)

From the above Guide "Many legislators argue that one clear, logical individual letter is worth more than a petition
with a thousand signatures!"

Has anyone on here contacted their legislator with the form from SEMA? I would but I dont know how much weight it would carry with me living in KY. This law is a slippery slope, I agree with the stiffer laws for street racing. But if this passes whats next, super chargers, turbo systems? I don't like this new law abit.

bestracing
12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
I have when Ky was considering banning the transportation of N2O in any form in the state and I have written both Senators and Congressmen when the nation was think about passing a law to start up a cluncker program (not C4C) for polution credits. The local guys took the time to respond and fortunately sided with my cause. The Ky N2O bill actually got tabled and hasn't seen the light of day since.

Whining, crying and opinions wont get you anywhere but when you have hard facts and statistics to back up your clam and have many other enthusiast writting too you carry more weight. You show you took the time to actually sit down and write which means you will get out and vote and that is what moves them ;)