PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Remote Start

crowbar032
11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm thinking of getting a remote start for my mother to put on her car for Christmas. Has anyone had any experiences with the aftermarket bolt on ones, ie good brands, ease of use, ease of install? Simplicity in the key fob is important, she's not too good with gadgets. Not sure if it matters, but she drives a 1999 Toyota Camry with the V6.

Black92LX
11-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Black Widow Makes a great product.
We have had one of their systems on my wife's car for quite awhile with zero troubles.

quik lx
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Unless you are very familiar with the vehicles schematics and wiring installations have it professionally installed at a reputable place! (not HH Gregg) they had to buy my sister a new dash harness for her Blazer after it kept locking her out while running.

I have a kit for my Jeep I have yet to install..looks pretty complex.

crowbar032
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Unless you are very familiar with the vehicles schematics and wiring installations have it professionally installed at a reputable place! (not HH Gregg) they had to buy my sister a new dash harness for her Blazer after it kept locking her out while running.

I have a kit for my Jeep I have yet to install..looks pretty complex.

I had a sneaky suspicion that's how it would turn out.

praterjack
11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Just take it to a toyota dealer and get a factory one installed if avaliable for your car! Youll have a warranty with it and it will be through a place that will be around for a while. I see way to many aftermarket alarms on toyota's that come in later down the road all messed up at the dealership. Or if you pick an aftermarket place,make sure its a place that will be and has been around for a long time.

inferno50
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
call frank or matt at pro audio in eastgate. they do great reasonable work. 752 7500 it is also a line x when they answer the phone.