Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
So, answer me this, why call the last timeout with only 19 seconds left?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So, answer me this, why call the last timeout with only 19 seconds left??

beefcake
11-22-2009, 08:19 PM
okay, someone will have to explain to me, oakland doesn't spike the ball, they keep downing it, the time keeps running, we call 1st time out, 2nd time out,

but why the hell on 4th down, call a timeout with only 19 seconds left and give them a full minutes to set up for the field goal

why not make them rush in to do it???

did we actually think we'd score with 15 seconds lol

306Power
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I think didnt Oakland have 1 timeout left? I cant remember for sure, if they did then they were trying to just preserve as much time as possible as Oakland would have ran it down to just a few seconds then used their timeout and ended it on the kick. If they didnt have a timeout then Im not sure man.

NaomiDstangLvr
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
That was just a terrible game today. I don't understand for the life of me why Bratkowski would call for a run on 3rd and 10! He's such an idiot!

djom1cincy
11-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Oakland did have 1 timeout left. They would have ran it down to 5 seconds and used it. It was the best option to try and get the ball back and have a chance. Terrible game by the Bengals.

facemelter71
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
They use the time outs to ice down the kicker.

Roush GT
11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
That was just a terrible game today. I don't understand for the life of me why Bratkowski would call for a run on 3rd and 10! He's such an idiot!

for real. they should have stripped the ball from em.

Katmandu
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Oakland did have 1 timeout left. They would have ran it down to 5 seconds and used it. It was the best option to try and get the ball back and have a chance. Terrible game by the Bengals.Exactly.

The Steelers SUCKED as bad as the Bengals yesterday. :rolleyes:

beefcake
11-23-2009, 09:34 PM
i thought they used all their timeouts on the bengals drive, guess i was off one