Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My New Hardwood Floors. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My New Hardwood Floors.

ffmueller81
11-18-2009, 10:47 AM
As most of you don't know, I am renovating my house and it has been a really long process that started in January. I am almost getting to the finishing touches of flooring and trim and stuff like that. Well, I installed my hardwoods a few months back and finally got them finished this past week. It really changed my house from feeling like a construction site to feeling like a home. I got to walk around with my shoes off and it was awesome.... lots of work to go, but I am getting stoked now.....

For those that are interested, here is the info on where I got my wood :
I bought the lumber from Monticello flooring and lumber co. in Monticello KY.http://www.monticelloflooring.com/index.htm It was about a 5 hour drive one way but including fuel the wood was still a lot cheaper than buying from even lumber liquidators...(I saved $800 including fuel and food for the trip) I bought 4" wide x 3/4" thick unfinished select grade white oak planks. I put the floor down myself and had a professional sand and finish. Finished in natural, there was no stain applied, just three coats of polyurethane....

All I can say is, Monticello has some really beautiful and quality wood....

Pitbull1052
11-18-2009, 10:52 AM
wow looks awesome!

cstreu1026
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
That looks great! I would love to do almost my entire house in hardwood I just can't see doing it where I am at now.

Walter
11-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Looks great!

quik lx
11-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Whens the open house party?:D

ffmueller81
11-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I think I would need a kitchen before an open house party..... which isn't going to happen until probably spring the way my funds have been....

How 'bout a drunken garage party sometime over the holidays or January??? you could finally play beer pong on a regulation size table..... and/or I could finally win a game since I am not playing you in your cursed house

jlt2006
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
You know, I can remember a story along time ago. Say around May of 2009, that there was going to be a garage party this past summer at your new house, when it was still warm out.

Anyway, nice looking floors.

ffmueller81
11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
No worries, the garage is insulated and will be heated for the party.... Just gotta get the house a little more done so I can move my furniture from the garage to the house.... hahaha

bobtsgt
11-19-2009, 11:22 AM
looking good man! glad to see progress made

NXcoupe
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow, looks nice!

quik lx
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I think I would need a kitchen before an open house party..... which isn't going to happen until probably spring the way my funds have been....

How 'bout a drunken garage party sometime over the holidays or January??? you could finally play beer pong on a regulation size table..... and/or I could finally win a game since I am not playing you in your cursed house

Come on you've won once here...havent you?...:D

04 Venom
11-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Nicely done. You can be proud of your handiwork.

ffmueller81
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Come on you've won once here...havent you?...:D

That night was a fluke and Dusty carried me that night.... I want home court advantage to show you my skillz:cool2:

ffmueller81
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Nicely done. You can be proud of your handiwork.

Thanks, yep very proud, now if I could just finish it so I can move in... hahaha