Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Another K-member question [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another K-member question

rush88GT
11-18-2009, 07:11 AM
I just put a UPR kit on my fox with coilovers. Now the bracket for the brake line are hitting the struts. How did you guys modify your brake lines?

5.0calypso93lx
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I just put a UPR kit on my fox with coilovers. Now the bracket for the brake line are hitting the struts. How did you guys modify your brake lines?

Is the car up in the air? If it is, when it's on the ground, the coilover will actually move away from that brake line bracket. THis is really common, same thing happened to me. I would get it on the ground at ride height and then see how much room you have to work with, and bend the bracket from there.

Carl
11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Mine did the same thing. I just tweaked the metal line coming from the caliper a little and relocated the brackets on the inner fender. No issues at all now.

Walter
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Is the car up in the air? If it is, when it's on the ground, the coilover will actually move away from that brake line bracket. THis is really common, same thing happened to me. I would get it on the ground at ride height and then see how much room you have to work with, and bend the bracket from there.

^^^yup.

facemelter71
11-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Mine did the same thing. I just tweaked the metal line coming from the caliper a little and relocated the brackets on the inner fender. No issues at all now.

Could you possibly take a pic of where its located?

quik lx
11-19-2009, 10:42 AM
I just drilled a new hole and moved the brackets back an inch.

Carl
11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Could you possibly take a pic of where its located?
Sorry, I'm in Korea and the car is in Idaho...:(

bbfstanger
11-23-2009, 08:58 AM
i just shortened the brackets on mine,i didnt want them to hit when i was drag racing ,the suspension is the same, wheels off the ground or fully extended.

NXcoupe
11-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I just drilled a new hole and moved the brackets back an inch.

That's what I do on the cars I install them on. Including all of my personal ones.