Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Report: Larry Johnson Will Sign With Cincinnati, The NFL's Island Of Misfit Toys [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Report: Larry Johnson Will Sign With Cincinnati, The NFL's Island Of Misfit Toys

Katmandu
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
NOT my words. Just mearly the messenger here.

Looks like Benson is down for the count!

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/16/1159868/report-larry-johnson-will-sign

Report: Larry Johnson Will Sign With Cincinnati, The NFL's Island Of Misfit Toys
Read More: Cedric Benson (RB - CIN), Larry Johnson (RB - KAN), Cincinnati Bengals

Nov 16, 2009 - After nearly a week on the free agency market, Larry Johnson is set to sign with the Bengals, according to Adam Schefter.

This is perhaps a sign that Cedric Benson's injured hipp will keep him out of the line-up for an extended amount of time. The current Bengals back-up RB is rookie Bernard Scott. If Benson is going to miss time, it would make sense for the team to want a veteran back in place to as a safety net for the rookie.

5.0calypso93lx
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Ugh, I was terrified this would happen....

I'm sure he'll probably be good, but the guy is just a piece of crap from what I've seen. No excuse for beatin' up on women...

djom1cincy
11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Damn. I was about to post this. Not sure if I like this move. He seems washed up. Not to good the last 2 years.

5.0calypso93lx
11-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Damn. I was about to post this. Not sure if I like this move. He seems washed up. Not to good the last 2 years.

Look at the rest of the offense he was working with though. That's basically all they've had in the past 2 years was a running game. I think with the o-line and our passing game here in Cincy, it should definitely open up his potential as a RB. Having said that, I still don't support what this guy does off the field and I hate to see Cincinnati contributing by paying his salary.

Pitbull1052
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
we seem to be able to rejuvenate washed up players though......... year before last he was hurt and I don't think they had a line for him last year.......... we'll see though........

Pitbull1052
11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
besides imagine if we'd had another Johnson to stuff down the Steelers throats..... LMAO!!!!!!!

ffmueller81
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
That and we are getting him for virtually nothing.... He will get league minimum that will be pro-rated for the season being half over.... This is a guy that signed a 45 million dollar contract a few years ago.... I think he will do good with how our O-line has been making holes...

hopefully we won't need him and Benson will be able to return....

Right now, team chemistry is most important and would hate to see him screw it up in the locker room.... that is the big factor

bestracing
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Right now, team chemistry is most important and would hate to see him screw it up in the locker room.... that is the big factor
That statement says it all

clueless_racing
11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
it says on the bengals site that IF johnson is signed then he would be the 4th backup rb and wouldnt be getting alot of play time.IF benson is out for any extended time then rb bernard scott, and brian leonard are first in line for the position.Dont worry guys,the seasons not over lol....WHO DEY

306Power
11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Im sure he will be quick to move up into the 2nd role at RB, he hasnt had much of a line in KC the last few years. I think this was a great move by the Bengals to help secure themselves in case Ced starts having injury woes. Bernard Scott has filled in great, but Im thinkin for the long run if we get in the playoffs were gonna want experience and depth at key positions.