Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Xbox 360 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Steves LX
11-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm not much of a video game freak here so I need some input. I am curious as to which system is better. The Xbox 360 or the PS3. I know Xbox has some really good bundle deals going on right now and I dont want to just dive into something I dont know much about. I know I can get an Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD, 2 wireless controllers, headset, and the new COD Modern Warfare 2 game for 399.00. Or for 100.00 cheaper I can get the elite system which comes with one controller,2 games and a 120GB HDD console. I know the PS3's dont have much in the way of bundle packs but I dont want to base my decision strickly off of price. I just want something that is going to be reliable, have kick ass graphics, and be worth the money. So any help would be appreciated from some of you gamers out there.

Pitbull1052
11-11-2009, 09:14 AM
go for the 360 I'd get the elite but that budle sounds pretty good though.......

Stangman
11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Xbox 360 has Forza motorsports... those bastards...

I'll put a disc drive in mine and let you "test drive" it... but I dont have any games.. You could rent one.

And as you know, I have a PS3... because I HATE the xbox controllers... with a passion.

Oh wait!

you dont need to be playing video games anyway!!! You have a coupe to finish before you get a divorce!! :lol:

Carl
11-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Another perk about PS3 is you don't have to pay $50/year to play online.

djom1cincy
11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
You can't go wrong with either. Ps3 has bluray and wifi built in. The bluray is great for watching movies and you can also download them off the net. I haven't played mine online so I don't know how it is. Online play is also free. Xbox has a few different games than ps3. I've heard more people play online. It doesn't have wifi so you have to buy that "100 dollars" and online play cost "about 75 dollars a year". Doesn't play DVD without mod. I play it online and it works good. If online play is your thing then go with xbox. If you don't really care about that the ps3. Just my.02$

facemelter71
11-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I have both systems.Both fairly new.Brand 360 and a couple months old PS3.

As far as Money wise.Id give it to the PS3.Online gaming is pretty cool,you dont have to pay for it,games are plentiful.Most of the systems are backwards compatible for playing PS2 games.Ps3 has Micro memory card ports.You can download photos.And you can also browse the internet with them.And the best thing of all,its a bluray player.
Also with online gameplay,you can use a bluetooth headset for a mic.

360 system is right up there.The same games are starting to come out for both systems.360 you have to pay for online game play.Its actually not to bad Its like 45 bucks for 13 months of xbox live plus 1 month free netflix.With online game play,it weeds out alot of the kids and glitchers.And I would say 80% of the people playing 360 have mics,to ps3's 40%.
The controllers are way different,and I disliked the 360 controller for ever,but finally got used to it.

Both you can demo games.

Stangman
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Must be nice Andy! I bought my PS3 in may and I can't play PS2 games :mad:

306Power
11-11-2009, 10:11 AM
It really all depends on you, If you want to use your system for other things (BlueRay, Wifi, etc.) PS3 is the route you want to take. On the other hand if you wanna do a lot of online gaming and get into it 360 is probably your route to take. Yes you have to pay for compared to it being free for PS3, but the online community for the 360 is so much bigger. Their are a few game differences that may sway you. Halo and Forza are a few of the big titles for the 360. Of course though Sony has Socom, quite possibly the best shooter ever imo. Realiabilty goes to Sony obviously, I will say that since Xbox has used the Jasper chip things have been better for them realiabilty wise. Xbox does have an extended warranty with the 3 RRoD for 3 years that is standard, but it becomes a pain in the ass to send it back and forth. A lot of newer PS3s dont have backwards compatiabilty, I believe only the 20 GIGs did. I could be wrong there though.

facemelter71
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
HAHA,I always get the good stuff.
And I play my 360 on a brand new 46" LG flat panel.Just got my Modern Warfare 2 Tuesday morning at 12:30.

Pitbull1052
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I like the 360 controllers better they seem big at first till you've played a ps so long your hands start cramping........ then you grab a 360 controller and it just fits an adults hand better just my .02

Stangman
11-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Placement of the buttons is what I do not like...

satan jamez
11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm not much of a video game freak here so I need some input. I am curious as to which system is better. The Xbox 360 or the PS3. I know Xbox has some really good bundle deals going on right now and I dont want to just dive into something I dont know much about. I know I can get an Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD, 2 wireless controllers, headset, and the new COD Modern Warfare 2 game for 399.00. Or for 100.00 cheaper I can get the elite system which comes with one controller,2 games and a 120GB HDD console. I know the PS3's dont have much in the way of bundle packs but I dont want to base my decision strickly off of price. I just want something that is going to be reliable, have kick ass graphics, and be worth the money. So any help would be appreciated from some of you gamers out there.

Ps3 hands down based on the bold area.

Ps3 has a 10% failure rate. 360 has a 54% failure rate. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html?sid=6215590

Exclusives is where graphics per each system can be compared. Play Uncharted 2 on the PS3 and you might shit purple twinkies.

Gran Turismo will be out in March so if you like sim racing this is your meal ticket. Research this if your skeptical about if this will hang with Forza 3 :lol:

Bang for the buck, http://www.xboxist.com/xbox-360/news/299-showdown-xbox-360-elite-vs-ps3-slim-010711.php

Stangman
11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
AND they dropped the price on the PS3 about a month ago

sean
11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I have a 360 and its modded so I can get new games way before they hit the shelvs and I get them for 10 bucks a pop. You can play them online as long as you do if after the game hits the stores. You cant mod a ps3 so you will be buying games at full price. Other than that I like both. Also you can play dvd on an unmodded xbox.

Carl
11-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I have a 360 and its modded so I can get new games way before they hit the shelvs and I get them for 10 bucks a pop. You can play them online as long as you do if after the game hits the stores. You cant mod a ps3 so you will be buying games at full price. Other than that I like both. Also you can play dvd on an unmodded xbox.
Not completely true. A few friends of mine had their 360's kicked from XB Live.

sean
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Not completely true. A few friends of mine had their 360's kicked from XB Live.

I thought if you got on live before the game was released is how they found out. Might be the way the game is burned too. I am not sure but I have a guy that does mine and I have never had a problem. But good point. Ask them how they think they got banned. I am curious.

Silver03Termi
11-11-2009, 11:02 PM
i like the ps3. bluray feature is awesome. you can download movies on ur comp and play them on the ps3 here http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=46699&st=1395e the game selection is less than 360. the online gaming i hear is better on the 360, i have never had any trouble with it though on ps3. graphics are far better on the ps3 than the 360, and it upverts ur old dvds to 1080. buy the ps3.

1_slo_92
11-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Ive got the ps3 and was torn between the two also. I must say after some online play and a few months of having it i made the right decision for what i wanted, only thing i can say is make sure your freakin good at a game before you go into live play those fuggers will eat you alive lol

Waffles
11-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Why choose? Buy one of each :D

sean
11-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Ive got the ps3 and was torn between the two also. I must say after some online play and a few months of having it i made the right decision for what i wanted, only thing i can say is make sure your freakin good at a game before you go into live play those fuggers will eat you alive lol

you arent kidding. I was bad ass at fight night 5 ( I think ) so I went live and got the hell kicked outta me EVERY TIME?????

306Power
11-12-2009, 02:14 AM
You all have to remember when you go live their are some people who have no lives and do nothing but game. Where as you on the other hand have jobs and other priorites, so they may beat you in the game but I think its safe to say you beat them in life lol.

1_slo_92
11-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Very true but still sucks at any rate lol

sean
11-12-2009, 02:24 AM
You all have to remember when you go live their are some people who have no lives and do nothing but game. Where as you on the other hand have jobs and other priorites, so they may beat you in the game but I think its safe to say you beat them in life lol.

Sooo your kinda saying next time some 14 year old beats the heck outta me in a game I can go to his house and beat him in real life? COOOOOL. lol
You are right about the 40 year old living with mom (prob sleeping with mom) and doing nothing but playing and beating the tar outta me getting beat in real life but damn. I still dont like it.

306Power
11-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Its rough I mean i feel ya for sure, just trying to give you an excuse to feel better about it lol.

facemelter71
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I get off work,head home and sit in front of the tv in the bedroom.And absolutly tear people up on Modern Warfare-2.I usually play from 7-10.Just have to figure out what works.