Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
ccw holders [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ccw holders

djom1cincy
11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm taking the class Saturday at Little Miami Tactical in Marrow. The brochure says being gun and a hundred rounds of ammo. Has anyone taken the class at this place? I was wondering if you need a holster for guns? Also do you have to qualify with said gun or just show shooting and safety skills. I picked up a glock compact 40 I haven't fired yet and was wondering if I should not take it for qualifying reasons. I have a 9 mm that I know how it fires and would be a better target hitting gun. Thanks for the info.

zlou363lx
11-10-2009, 09:20 AM
i haven't taken the class, but if i were you i would take the gun that you are more comfortable with. then take the newer one to a range sometime to fire it some. i've been thinking about taking a ccw class also though. let us know how this one is.

Walter
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Take the 9mm, the ammo is cheaper.

87stangbbb
11-10-2009, 10:03 AM
i'm sure you don't need a holster

duststang
11-10-2009, 10:40 AM
take the 9

87stangbbb
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
take either one ive taken the course, you only have to shoot a few yards it ain't nothing

DeckerEnt
11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
If it is anything like Ky, your target will be a full size sillouette at 7 yards. You could hit it with your eyes closed. LOL. We needed 11 out of 20 in the black. I got mine 6-7 years ago. I think the targets are blue now. Political correctness run amuck. I would bring a holster just so you don't have to lay the pistol down anywhere.

BigB96
11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
The targets are maybe 15 yards at the classes. So you should able to hit them with whatever you bring. The 9mm ammo is cheaper and you shot it before so i would go with that. All they want to see is you hold a decent pattern. Your gun does not have to be holstered for the class.

djom1cincy
11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the info.

BradleyGT
11-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I didn't take my class at that site but we didn't need a holster. Also take which ever gun you feel more comfortable with. You have to demonstrate that you know how to operate the gun in a safe manor along with hit a target at I believe it was 7-10 yards. It really isn't that hard to pass. Good luck. Also don't take your gun there loaded. If it's anything like my class we brought our guns in without any ammo and the range operated as a cold range. Which means leave your ammo in the car until the instructor tells you that you need it. And the cold range is that all guns are left open and unloaded until ready to fire.

rmracing
11-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I took the class at Little Miami and they recomend bringing a gun but they do have several of there own guns to shoot if you wish . You do need to bring100 rounds of ammo but they did go on a run to the local gun shop for ammo before we left for the range. I would get ammo before hand though . You do not need a holster and you can qualify with what ever handgun you wish , as long as you can hit the target with it .

Katmandu
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Also don't take your gun there loaded. It's amazing that there are gun owner's out there that have NO CLUE about gun safety. :rolleyes:

My best friend from High School was "accidentally" shot (point blank in the chest) and killed by his College roommate. They were partying and got "playing" around with a shotgun.

The Number 1 rule when handling guns is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS handle a gun AS IF IT WERE FUCKING LOADED !!!

djom1cincy
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Never point a weapon at anything you don't plan to kill. Always keep your finger off the trigger untill your ready to fire. Always keep your weapon pointed in a safe direction. We could go on and on. Some people just don't need to handle guns. Sorry to hear your friend was killed while PLAYING with a loaded gun.