Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
older Trick or Treat kids ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : older Trick or Treat kids ?

2007ShelbyCobra
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Anyone find it lame that high school teens still go out on beggers night with the little kids, asking "trick or treat" for candy? I mean I havent gone out in years, I think the last time was 8th grade. But what makes people want to go out and beg for candy, while wearing some silly little costume? I know their girl friends may have a lot to do with it, but you as the giver, do you ever tell them no, or get angry with them? Ive heard some people dont give them candy, and if their costume "or lack of it" is a weak attempt for a high schooler, they just tell them to leave. Im seeing so many upper classmen still going out for candy, I just dont get it.... And then to go and post 100's of pictures of it on Facebook?
Anyone else feel this way :confused:

btw, this may need to be moved to the rants section :)

MattKatz
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
You should have went out....You do carry a broomstick and a magic wand daily don't you?

I'd like to see your costume in person.

Squale iii
11-01-2009, 07:08 PM
bahahahha

Holly
11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
In New Richmond last night, I saw Moms with "pillowcases" saying "trick or treat". I would look to see if all their kids (cuz they usually had 3-5 each) had pillowcases and each one did. That is PATHETIC, especially when the low rent mother doesn't even bother dressing up.

MattKatz
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Now that is bad....But what are you going to do....Cause a Scene.
These poor people probably have a lot of time on their hands and could come back to your house while you are away working and vadalize yor property.

Sad but I wouldn't put it past people like that.
Just hand the candy out, shake your head, and know that your life is good.

rogers
11-01-2009, 07:16 PM
We saw a lot of high schoolers who didn't even attempt to dress up my wife and I bothe dressed up just to take them begging lol! And had a blast!

Carl
11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
My wife saw people out that were trick or treating without costumes..they didn't get a damn thing!

DeckerEnt
11-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I had 2 bowls. The good bowl, and the sucky bowl. The younger kids got to choose from the good stuff. The older ones got the stuff from last year. LOL!!!!!

2007ShelbyCobra
11-01-2009, 10:10 PM
ahahaha

SpoonyGT
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I went rick or treating at the bar. They gave out free vodka and red bulls. When your old enough to vote I'll tell you alllll about it Harry.

sean
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Hang on. I happen to like the older people dressing up. How do you not give some candy to a hottie witch? Now I agree that the high school kids shouldnt get candy but those are the ones that will egg the crap outta your home and car.

mwaller5672
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Holloween is another holiday where you can enjoy yourself no matter what age. What about christmas: They don't have age limits on that. Let's just all have fun. Of course to look at it in a more positive note your not asking for prayer for someone or yourself being sick so thats a great thing. Just complaing because because you think the kids are to old for holloween. No I didn't go out. We had to go to colerain high school for a band competition. If we hadn't been I would have told my 16 year old to go out and have fun.

Camaro86SHOCKER
11-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Damn what the hells the big deal?
It's candy...i mean comon is this honestly that big of a concern that you judge who you give out your candy out to? Surely the candy you give out you have already rumaged through and picked out the good stuff you like or eaten it until you were sick anyways.

Besides id say the last people in the world i wanna piss off over some stupid candy is a bunch of destructive "older" kids that will make you wish you had bought them their own personal golden ticket into Wonkas chocolate factory, when they mess your house and cars up.

I trick or treated til around 16, usually took my little cousins with me or the neighbor kids, I will be the irst to tell you that if you are a dick or a really nice person during that one day a year, those kids will remember that Forever. I still to this day remember the Bitch who gave out carrot sticks if she thought you were too "husky". I never personally did anything but i know other people that made her regret that for years and years.

Besides im planning for my future, I plan on marrying young when i get older lol, i would hate to be 50 and find me a cute 20 y/o and have her say "arent you that asshole that thought i was too old to trick or treat?" :lol:

sean
11-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Damn what the hells the big deal?
It's candy...i mean comon is this honestly that big of a concern that you judge who you give out your candy out to? Surely the candy you give out you have already rumaged through and picked out the good stuff you like or eaten it until you were sick anyways.

Besides id say the last people in the world i wanna piss off over some stupid candy is a bunch of destructive "older" kids that will make you wish you had bought them their own personal golden ticket into Wonkas chocolate factory, when they mess your house and cars up.

I trick or treated til around 16, usually took my little cousins with me or the neighbor kids, I will be the irst to tell you that if you are a dick or a really nice person during that one day a year, those kids will remember that Forever. I still to this day remember the Bitch who gave out carrot sticks if she thought you were too "husky". I never personally did anything but i know other people that made her regret that for years and years.

Besides im planning for my future, I plan on marrying young when i get older lol, i would hate to be 50 and find me a cute 20 y/o and have her say "arent you that asshole that thought i was too old to trick or treat?" :lol:

thats funny stuff right there.

ADaughen
11-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I don't give out candy.

Wife did two years ago, some kids decided to enter the house rather than ring the door bell and almost got bit by a very large dog.

Other kids would give the response of "that all you got?!?" Gee kid, ever hear of beggars can't be choosers? It was decent Mars and Hershey's candy bars. Not some crappy salt water taffy or knock off jolly ranchers.

mwaller5672
11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
:)My interpitation( big word ) of that is your to tight to give out candy and you spend a lot of your money feeding the dog. That type of dog would scare me to death. I had a dog bite a little 2 year old 20 years back and I felt terrible. It's not worth it.

bestracing
11-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Hell with the hill I live on and with my scary garage, I'm lucky to give out 100 items. We had a young mom dressed up as Princess Lea (SW4) adn took her little ones into the garage and she even got a bag of chips for herself. The way I look at it if you're willing to enter my garage you deserve the good stuff.

It's all about having fun and dressing up. Hell, I'm 43 and every year I'm dressed up. I don't go around for candy because I'm too busy scaring everyone :D

I'll quote one of my favorite movies, Stripes: "Lighten up Frances"

ADaughen
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
:)My interpitation( big word ) of that is your to tight to give out candy and you spend a lot of your money feeding the dog. That type of dog would scare me to death. I had a dog bite a little 2 year old 20 years back and I felt terrible. It's not worth it.

1 year old, 75lb Boxer didn't like uninvited guests. Two six year old kids would have fed him for a day or two... :lol:

I have enough money for candy. Like I said, I didn't let my wife give out crappy stuff, like when I was a kid. The kids don't have respect for their elders or appreciation for the handouts they get.

mwaller5672
11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm kidding of course. Actually I like boxers. There neat dogs. They have never seemed overly agressive but when a stranger walks into your house it's hard to explain to the dog it's holloween

ADaughen
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm kidding of course. Actually I like boxers. There neat dogs. They have never seemed overly agressive but when a stranger walks into your house it's hard to explain to the dog it's holloween

They weren't supposed to even walk into the house. They were supposed to ring the doorbell. :mad: Wife was making me a sammich since I just got off work. :bigthumb

I miss that big brute. He was a rescue that never really adjusted to other dogs. I left for a business trip and the two dogs about killed each other. My wife was foolish enough to stick her hand in between the two and came away with 10 stitches. The smaller/older dog came away with 14 staples. She was afraid of the Boxer, and he continued to show even more aggression towards the other dog, so we had to send him to the pound. They put him down. :(

BigBadStang
11-04-2009, 08:30 AM
They weren't supposed to even walk into the house. They were supposed to ring the doorbell. :mad: Wife was making me a sammich since I just got off work. :bigthumb

I miss that big brute. He was a rescue that never really adjusted to other dogs. I left for a business trip and the two dogs about killed each other. My wife was foolish enough to stick her hand in between the two and came away with 10 stitches. The smaller/older dog came away with 14 staples. She was afraid of the Boxer, and he continued to show even more aggression towards the other dog, so we had to send him to the pound. They put him down. :(

Damn...that sure did put a damper on this thread. :(

Jaylynn
11-06-2009, 03:51 PM
i figure if a kid gets dressed up - he or she deserves a little candy & not alot of attitude. I feel bad for the 8th graders who happen to be big & get grief from people who mention they look too old to trick or treat... i mean .. kids are kids even the ones in high school. Most kids stop around 16 on their own I think, i remember the year i went out but felt 'too old' - no one told me but it was my last year. And while I agree with the grumbling about the kids that don't even bother to dress up (esp those who bring 'attitudes' with them) i figure - what does it hurt me, really, to give them a little candy. They're growing-up... not already grown-up.

BigBadStang
11-07-2009, 09:49 AM
i figure if a kid gets dressed up - he or she deserves a little candy & not alot of attitude. I feel bad for the 8th graders who happen to be big & get grief from people who mention they look too old to trick or treat... i mean .. kids are kids even the ones in high school. Most kids stop around 16 on their own I think, i remember the year i went out but felt 'too old' - no one told me but it was my last year. And while I agree with the grumbling about the kids that don't even bother to dress up (esp those who bring 'attitudes' with them) i figure - what does it hurt me, really, to give them a little candy. They're growing-up... not already grown-up.

Very eloquently put!