Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Chad saw the doctor yesterday... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chad saw the doctor yesterday...

NaomiDstangLvr
10-30-2009, 07:17 AM
As many of you may or may not know, I'm Naomi, chadomac's wife. I'm not sure if he let anyone know about the problems he's been having physically and the colonoscopy that he had done Monday. But they did find a tumor right at the end, 14 cm into his colon. They did a biopsy on it and we found out yesterday that it is indeed cancer. This is devistating to our family right now. Chad is taking this in stride, but definitely distrought also. Due to the fact his mom died at a young age of Leukemia. The doctor's were astounded the fact that Chad is only 38 years old and has this. He has an appointment scheduled for Thursday for his surgery to get the tumor out. They will do another biopsy on it to make sure it didn't penetrate the colon wall, if it did not, he will be okay and pretty much won't need any more things done. If it did, he'll go through chemotherepy. We're going through so much physically, emotionally and financially right now. And to top it off I'm over six months pregnant, which bothers Chad also, he's wanting to watch over me and he always go to each OB visit, but is upset he'll miss them. The recovery they said is, he'll be in the hospital for a week and usually takes six weeks, that is if he doesn't need chemo.

But I wanted to let everyone know about the situation. He always talks about this board and loves all of you a lot (don't tell him I told you, he might get embarrassed, lol!). We've met some incredible people through this site.

I'll keep all updated. And I'm sure Chad will pop on here before his surgery....

relaxednoma
10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Wow you all are def. in our thoughts and prayers. Cancer is near and dear to both sides (my wife and myself) of the family.

NaomiDstangLvr
10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Wow you all are def. in our thoughts and prayers. Cancer is near and dear to both sides (my wife and myself) of the family.

Thank you so much. As it is to us also. Like I said his mother died when he was 4 or 5 of Leukemia and so did his aunt. My biological father died of it also. It's a horrible disease. The doctor said though that it's good that this tumor was in his colon and not his stomach or liver, which are a lot more dangerous...

bigdc
10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
i dont know either one of you but yall are in my prayers. i hope everything works out.

Evil_Capri
10-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family in your time of need!!

firestang70
10-30-2009, 07:52 AM
I will be praying for you and your family. A positive outlook and humor can have some incredible results. Keep smiling even when it hurts. Keep us updated.

BlazinEagle
10-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent your way!

chris91
10-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Hell be in my prayers. Hope everything goes well!

Pitbull1052
10-30-2009, 08:10 AM
thoughts and prayers........ and psssssssttttttttt just FYI you said not to tell him.. kinda hard to hide it on here :OP keep us up to date!

02mingryGT
10-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers!

89notch
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Thoughts and prayers...I hope everything turns out ok

VuNiT3
10-30-2009, 08:47 AM
I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

DeckerEnt
10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Thoughts and prayers your way!!! Def hard to keep it secret posting on here. LOL!!!! Keep your heads up!!!

bolender01
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you guys and your families

dawsin94cobra
10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Keep your head up!! Prayers sent your way

KB1
10-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Stay positive guys, Prayers sent out, will put you on the prayer list.:bigthumb

djom1cincy
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I know you said Chad was being positive and that's good. I went through a different type of cancer almost 2 years ago. Testicle cancer. I'm now walking around with a half full change pursue if you know what I mean. Also had to go through 17 treatments of radiation. I've been good since. My point is the doctors are much better than they where 30 years ago when chads mom passed away from it. Stay positive. Chad will be there to see your unborn child come into this world and that childs unborn child to come in as well. Don't hesitate to ask if you guys need anything. There are plenty of people on this board that will help an anyway possible.

Stangman
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Hope they get that taken care of!!

But, there is an upside to having the camera up the back side...

You get to fart for hours in the recovery room! :lol:

Good luck to the both of you!

1_slo_92
10-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are being sent to both of you. Cant believe we just talked the other day in chat and this is what it came down too. Just hang in there and keep fighting and it will be ok in the end.

Steves LX
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this. And you guys are in our prayers. I know what your going thru right now. I am on the same side of the fence as you are. My wife was diagnosed with carcinoid cancer earlier this year. Just when we thought they got it all during her last surgery, they didnt. She started developing symptoms once again about a month later. Now they are struggling to find it and it's a race right now before it gets to her liver. They told us 2-3 years is the life expectancy once carcinoid gets to her liver. We keep our heads up and pray everyday. Hopefully one of her 5 different doctors between the Cleveland Clinic and the James Cancer Hospital in Columbus that she see's on a monthly basis will find it before it reachs that point. I have faith with today's technology that they will. Tell Chad to stay strong and you do the same. He needs you for support.

Jaylynn
10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Best Wishes on everything - - we'll be thinking of you!

R825OH
10-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Thoughts and Prayers, Keep Lookin Up

306Power
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I really hope everything turns out ok for him, best of luck with it all.

NXcoupe
10-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Best of luck, you guys have a great attitude about it. I lost both my mom and dad to cancer, when I was way too young to be without them. But that was a long time ago and as said in an earlier post, they have come a long way since then with treatment's and sugery. I really hope and pray that he has a speedy recovery, please keep us posted and if you do need anything post up.

sean
10-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Chad, from everything I know about you and from hanging out with you I know you will keep your spirits up and pull through this just fine. Please ask for help if you need it. Call me or text me anytime. I dont care what time it is.

mustang429
10-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Thoughts and Prayers

NaomiDstangLvr
10-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Thank you all for the positive responses about this. I think he's more upbeat about it then I am. I guess I'm just a worry wart, I can't help it, lol!

beefcake
10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!

kennebellcobra
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Prayers sent!

mustang8998
10-30-2009, 07:55 PM
You guys keep your heads up! Sounds like they caught it in time.

Prayers sent!

92coupe
10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I hope everything works out ok for him. We will keep you in our thoughts.

gouldstang
10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
My Mom had colon cancer 4 years ago, they removed 12 inches of her colon, had a tumor the size of a grapefruit, went through chemo and all that junk, went for colonostopy last week and is clean as a whistle.. keep your head up Chad, you'll come through this.... it just takes time..

Thoughts and Prayers
Bruce Gould III

quik lx
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Hope it turns out that good for you!!

Mista Bone
10-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Need anything, all you have to do is ask, don't be humble about it.

MrsAPE
10-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Worry wart?! Good god girlie, your pregnant...makes our emotions crazy in the first place. So, you need to take his lead and not stress yourself out. Not good for the baby!! Sounds like they caught it in plenty of time. I'll say a prayer for you both. Keep us updated. And as Mista said, if you need ANYTHING, just ask. Can't guarantee we can do it but you won't know if you don't ask. Head up girlie!! Keep the 'tude you have Chad!!

Blkcobra01
10-31-2009, 08:53 PM
thoughts and prayers hope everything goes well for you guys.

Pops Fun
11-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Thoughts and prayers!!

chadomac
11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Naomi,

you need not to worry about me you need to worry about Our unborn child! I WILL beat this with the help of God you and my family and friends. it took me a few days to gather my thoughts and put this all in perspective. I feel god will never give us more than we can handle. I love you and Gunnar and i am NOT going to let this take me away from either of you. I consider myself a strong man and i refuse to let this beat me i will be here to see my child born Gunnar graduate. WE WILL GROW OLD TOGETHER!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS IT MEANS MORE TO ME THAN YOU COULD EVER EVER KNOW! im just trying to get everything in order before thursday so you have nothing xtra to deal with Naomi. I love you and we will beat this together.

Kevin1989
11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
stay strong man! thoughts and prayers your way.

bobtsgt
11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
best of luck bud! Kick this thing in the ass. we will keep you all in our thoughts. Let us know if you need anything neighbor :)

bestracing
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I really don't know either one of you but you two seem to be very good people from what I've seen on the board. I wish you the best and hope everything goes well in the operating room. Hang in there and I'll be praying for you both and Gunner.

Squale iii
11-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't know either of you, but good luck and keep your spirits up. Attitude is key to overcoming any obstacles. The other day I read an article on Asparagus. Check it out, I thought it was rather interesting.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/asparagus.asp

Camaro86SHOCKER
11-04-2009, 12:07 AM
best wishes and hope he recovers fast.

Hangingcogs
11-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. If you or your family need ANYTHING let me know.

Prayers...

sean
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Lets all keep chad and his family in our thoughts right now. He is in sergery, has been since noon and will be till @ 3. Send your happy thoughts.

sean
11-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Little more info on chad. His surgery went well and it seems they got everything. He will be going home today and they still have to see if he should go through chemo. I am sure he is happy to be going home and that it sounds like things are looking up for him and his family.

R825OH
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Good news Sean! Thanks for the update

supercab78
11-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the update! While I don't know him or his family, after I saw his wifes post about this they were in my prayers. Looks like in a little time things should be OK.

firestang70
11-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Great news.

MrsAPE
11-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Good to know. Thanks!!

tgeers
11-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Both of you and your child will be in my prayers. Just a little piece of information. In 1994 I had level 4 throat cancer. The doctor told me I had about a 50/50 chance of survival. At the time I had 3 kids in college and a business to run. Obviously I survived, but more important a lot of good came from this. My wife and I are much closer (I owe my survival to her) my priorities are better directed, my faith is stronger, and my appreciation for what I have and the people around me, (like the stangbangers) has increased. Bottom line....even though this is extremely devestating news, and you have a hard battle in front of you, there is good that can emerge if you allow it. Most important, keep your faith, and keep a positive attitude. The three of you will get through this together.

Tony

beefcake
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
glad everything went well!