Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Remote Start Suggestions?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start Suggestions??

vypastang
10-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have a remote start in their car that they would recommend? I am looking for one for my sister's Toyota. The only one I have heard of is Viper. Are there any more?

RACEME
10-30-2009, 05:11 AM
I put the Valet by Directed electronics in my wife's volvo last year and also put one in my 99 Civic. So far so good. The thing you want to look at is the run time. Some of them are adjustable/programmable for longer run times and some are not. On cold mornings that 12 minute no adjustabe run time is not enough and you have to start it a couple times. Not a big deal, but a little bit of a pain in the butt.

ibstrokin
10-30-2009, 05:22 AM
I like the Directed Electronics stuff (DEI), which is viper,valet,sidewinder, they are available @ Bestbuy. They are reliable,inexpensive, and have a good warranty.

vypastang
10-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Run Time I didn't even think about that. Thanks again guys for the input!

INSANEBA
10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
I bought a Viper at a local electronics for my mom and pop last christmas. Very nice and adjustable too. I have theirs set at 15 minutes. Whatever you do, do not go to ABC. They had my moms car for 2 days and didnt even touch it! I returned both starters, and payed almost double but got them done right and right away...

RACEME
10-30-2009, 12:54 PM
What ever you do, make sure the installation is soldered and shrink wrapped. Putting them in with those scotch loc things are just asking for trouble down the road.

INSANEBA
10-30-2009, 12:56 PM
What ever you do, make sure the installation is soldered and shrink wrapped. Putting them in with those scotch loc things are just asking for trouble down the road.

AMEN! I also heard horrer stories that ABC hacked the cars they actually did. Glad I took mine elsewhere, and they werent even mine!