Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
what clutch cable?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : what clutch cable??

Jrcmutang
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Alright guys here is my problem: I have been buring through cluch cables on my car. I have a 351 notch with long tubes..... i have this one wraped with header wrap by the tube of the header. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or tips i could do to help myself in the future?? I was planning on buying some header wrap and wraping the whole header? I have a factory cable on it right now? Are there any brands that are better?

Thanks!

Timido
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I had the best luck with a factory cable. Most of the aftermarket ones I used sucked

Jrcmutang
10-29-2009, 03:24 PM
i just an upset with how close the cable is to the headers, but then again thats what i get for putting a 351 in it?? I think i am just going to try wrapping the header

Timido
10-29-2009, 03:36 PM
You could coat the headers also. My headers are ceramic coated and it keeps the temps down under the hood. The turbo car we built had the Wrap on the header tubes and it seemed to help the temps also.

Jrcmutang
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
i think i am going to wrap them bc the header are a PITA! to get off!

lilred
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
To answer the other part of your post, stick with the factory type cable most if not all adjustable cable are junk imo and tend to stretch.