Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Finally got some pics of my car. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some pics of my car.

mustanger
10-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Here is my 1990 Mustang GT 5.0

It has crossed my mind to sell or trade this, when I bought this it was a small project car nothing major just typical things.
Since then I've run out of money putting it all back together so now it's just sitting in Dry Ridge at a friends garage. I bought the rebuilt motor, it was an upgrade to what I have in it right now. The motor that is in it right now is a 302 w/a bad head gasket...sounds kinda stupid just buying a rebuilt motor when I could have just fixed the head gasket but I wanted something better.

Old motor in car is a 302 upper/lower Trickflow intake, 1.6 roller rockers, not really sure about internals of engine. New/rebuilt motor is the Trickflow TW kit on a 302 long block if I remember right, got the motor from Nathen, Dave's friend.
Things I've added since I've had it.

Added a BBK cold air intake, weld rims w/new tires, inner/outter tie rods, balljoints, new B.M.O.Z racing seats, new exhaust flowmaster's xpipe w/dumps at the rear and new 02 sensor's,battery(still need to get the support for the battery).TPS sensor,EGR sensor, wires, plugs, cap, button, starter...the new starter I put in went out(bad) just have to get it off and take it back to Advance Auto Parts to get a new one, solenoid, quad shocks. New Kenwood CD radio.

Other
Short throw shifter, t5 trans (sync is bad in second gear ) but still shifts strong, 3.7.3 gears, Frame is tied.
I've spent alot of money so far getting this back together and the rest is just little stuff. Interior does need some TLC, headliner, dash(clips broke) shifter boot has a small tear, it's all this little stuff I can't seem to get to that's probably why I've run out of money...everything was going to exterior and motor. I was/am all about having my motor in top shape and worrying about the little things later.
Now I'm kinda stuck in a rock and a hard place, I never really wanted a partial project car but that's how it went, was just looking for a nice weekend warrior type of car, just wanted something that is good to go and not have to worry about the things I've had with this car.
I'm alway open to other options :)

mustanger
10-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Car is still sitting waiting to swap the motor out. I don't have the time or place to do this so I'm kinda relying on someone else for this :( Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost for someone on here to swap a motor...I've been told all I have to do is just put my intake back on and hook everything back up and I'd be good to go...and how long would it take ?

zlou363lx
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
if you were to work quickly, have help and not hit any snags it could take less than a day of work to get them swapped.